Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-25-2020, 02:13 PM   #241
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Could it also be to drum up interest so that MAYBE teams think we MIGHT take a QB, thus the Lions maybe swap picks, we get CY anyway, and get their second?
No, of course not! That would be devious.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2020, 02:15 PM   #242
Ruhskins
Living Legend

If Tuamania blows up, here is a crazy ass scenario that I've been thinking about for a while.

To start, here is my logic:
- The Dolphins can only fully guaranteed themselves getting Tua with the #2 pick.
- They can always trade with the Lions, but that leaves the chance that the some team will make a crazy offer to the Redskins to move to #2 and beat them out.

Three-team trade Redskins-Lions-Dolphins:

- Dolphins get the #2 overall pick.

- Redskins get the #3 pick (from the Lions) and #18 pick (from the Dolphins)

- Lions get the #5 and #26 pick (from the Dolphins)
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:24 PM   #243
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
If Tuamania blows up, here is a crazy ass scenario that I've been thinking about for a while.

To start, here is my logic:
- The Dolphins can only fully guaranteed themselves getting Tua with the #2 pick.
- They can always trade with the Lions, but that leaves the chance that the some team will make a crazy offer to the Redskins to move to #2 and beat them out.

Three-team trade Redskins-Lions-Dolphins:

- Dolphins get the #2 overall pick.

- Redskins get the #3 pick (from the Lions) and #18 pick (from the Dolphins)

- Lions get the #5 and #26 pick (from the Dolphins)
That's not a crazy scenario, it's Genius! We get Chase Young and a second first round pick; the Dolphins get Tua; the Lions only drop down two places and receive another first round pick in the deal. That would be one beautiful trade for all three teams.

p.s. Upon further review, I think the Skins might need more to make this deal, either the Dolphins #39 pick or their #56 pick and a future pick or picks. Seems like too much for the Dolphins to give.

Last edited by KI Skins Fan; 02-25-2020 at 02:47 PM.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:45 PM   #244
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Considering they are rebuilding and all but sold the house to get those picks I just don't see them trading to move up for Tua. While the Lions might draft a QB, its not their #1 priority so if anyone is in a good trade position its the Lions. Miami would likely pay a little less for #3 (2 x rd1 + change?) and the Lions needs make trading down a good move.

Giants won't take Tua having put their faith in Dimes, so if Miami can't/won't pull off a trade they are likely looking at Tua with the 5th pick anyway, or at worst they get Herbert if someone else moves up (Chargers?). I'm not sure I see anyone else with the pressing need at QB and/or the draft capital until Denver and they don't have a lot to trade aside from multiple 3's and 4's this year.

I'm just not seeing where the motive is for trading the farm just to get Tua. Is he really that special?
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:36 PM   #245
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
To be honest, if you said Tua or Dwayne right now? I'd probably say Tua , kid is just deadly accurate but I'm not saying Dwayne won't be good.
I guess I am the only one on the planet that is concerned about someone in their early 20's getting a hip injury. How many hip injuries on record from playing football, not many.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:53 PM   #246
Warthog
The Starter

Tua was programmed to be THE #1 draft pick before his hip injury. Now that he’s medically cleared, he.’s got A LOT of interest. He’s going to be someone’s franchise QB.

The real problem for the Redskins (if we’re looking for a big trade) is that with our front office and everyone else believing Chase Young is the BPA and our definite draft pick at #2, the logical thing for anyone who wants Tua is for them to trade with Detroit to get it.

The only team able to make an RG3-type trade is Miami. Why trade with the Redskins when they know we will take Chase? Cheaper with Detroit.

The Redskins would only give up Chase Young for Miami’s #5, it’s #18 and #39. With the #5 we could get Isaiah Simmons at LB ( position of need and the second BPA on defense) and -#18 they could get the top TE. Otherwise, why make the trade?

If there is an early draft trade, it will be with Detroit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:35 PM   #247
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Tua was programmed to be THE #1 draft pick before his hip injury. Now that he’s medically cleared, he.’s got A LOT of interest. He’s going to be someone’s franchise QB.

The real problem for the Redskins (if we’re looking for a big trade) is that with our front office and everyone else believing Chase Young is the BPA and our definite draft pick at #2, the logical thing for anyone who wants Tua is for them to trade with Detroit to get it.

The only team able to make an RG3-type trade is Miami. Why trade with the Redskins when they know we will take Chase? Cheaper with Detroit.

The Redskins would only give up Chase Young for Miami’s #5, it’s #18 and #39. With the #5 we could get Isaiah Simmons at LB ( position of need and the second BPA on defense) and -#18 they could get the top TE. Otherwise, why make the trade?

If there is an early draft trade, it will be with Detroit.

I'd take Jeff Okudah over Simmons
Old 02-25-2020, 07:46 PM   #248
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Both the Lions at 3 and the Giants at 4 have said they are open to trade out of those spots.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:23 AM   #249
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Considering they are rebuilding and all but sold the house to get those picks I just don't see them trading to move up for Tua. While the Lions might draft a QB, its not their #1 priority so if anyone is in a good trade position its the Lions. Miami would likely pay a little less for #3 (2 x rd1 + change?) and the Lions needs make trading down a good move.

Giants won't take Tua having put their faith in Dimes, so if Miami can't/won't pull off a trade they are likely looking at Tua with the 5th pick anyway, or at worst they get Herbert if someone else moves up (Chargers?). I'm not sure I see anyone else with the pressing need at QB and/or the draft capital until Denver and they don't have a lot to trade aside from multiple 3's and 4's this year.

I'm just not seeing where the motive is for trading the farm just to get Tua. Is he really that special?
With Lions management telling Patricia he has to win this year or else I dont see the Lions drafting a QB. They will stick with Stafford one more year and hope he can stay healthy because when he was healthy last year the Lions weren't bad.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:03 AM   #250
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I guess I am the only one on the planet that is concerned about someone in their early 20's getting a hip injury. How many hip injuries on record from playing football, not many.

I’m sure his medicals will be under intense scrutiny by teams during the pre-draft evaluations.

And things have come a long way since Bo’s injury.

Old 02-26-2020, 10:25 AM   #251
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
In today's medical world, I'd be willing to take that chance if I'm Miami
Old 02-26-2020, 11:22 AM   #252
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
With Lions management telling Patricia he has to win this year or else I dont see the Lions drafting a QB. They will stick with Stafford one more year and hope he can stay healthy because when he was healthy last year the Lions weren't bad.
I agree. I think both Quinn and Patricia pretty much have their jobs on the line this year, so drafting a QB in the first round doesn't seem too likely.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 12:54 PM   #253
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Both the Lions at 3 and the Giants at 4 have said they are open to trade out of those spots.

THIS!

Cincy want Burrows, we want Chase;

so if Miami wants Tua they just need to go to the Lions to get him. I don’t think the trade to get the third spot will involve nearly the monster trade ppl think it would be. The #5 and the #39 - PERIOD.

We’re getting CHASE! The Redskins will sell 5,000 more seats just to see what Chase does. Of course that still leaves 30k open seats! Lol.

Flyboy.

Old 02-26-2020, 09:14 PM   #254
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
THIS!

Cincy want Burrows, we want Chase;

so if Miami wants Tua they just need to go to the Lions to get him. I don’t think the trade to get the third spot will involve nearly the monster trade ppl think it would be. The #5 and the #39 - PERIOD.

We’re getting CHASE! The Redskins will sell 5,000 more seats just to see what Chase does. Of course that still leaves 30k open seats! Lol.

If Miami wants an almost 100% guarantee that they'll get Tua (or technically Burrow) they will need to be in the #2 spot.

Trading before the draft with the Lions or the Giants, always leaves a potential risk of another team jumping ahead of them to #2 (Chucky and the Raiders could easily come to us offering their two first rounder and a 2021 first rounder - I know crazy, but I wouldn't put it past him).

And trading after the Redskins pick Chase at #2 during the draft, gives the Lions or the Giants the advantage in the negotiations IMO.

Just my two cents. I want Chase, but it'd be crazy not to think about how valuable our #2 pick will become, and I would honestly hate to be in the Dolphins' spot right now.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:12 PM   #255
Warthog
The Starter

I just think only Miami has the draft picks needed to make a RG3-type trade for our #2. Because they have the #5 that gets you an elite player with that pick and another first rounder that gets another starter (#18) in the first round. That and a second rounder might tempt Rivera (#5, 18, 39). No one else has that much juice.

I guess a team could offer a Ditka-like deal for ALL their picks, but is that worth it and would someone offer that again?

Flyboy.