Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

New Lipstick. Same Ole Hog

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-21-2016, 01:18 PM   #91
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Re: New Lipstick. Same Ole Hog

His contract with the Browns is going to be a work in progress if he doesn't start winning some games.

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2016, 07:42 PM   #92
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgilTibbs View Post
Why should it matter that I post infrequently or no one here knows me? You are proving my point exactly. That is the same wolfpack cult mentality over at Extremeskins. If you aren't a part of the "in crowd" or a veteran poster, no one takes your opinion seriously and a mass flogging ensues.

In my opinion on a message board, we're all strangers and a members post count should have no bearing on how you react to a posted topic. Everyone should have a right to post as long as it's within the rules and usually some mature productive conversation ensues. You're basically saying that you would have responded differently to the post had you known who the poster was. Respond to the content of the post, not the poster.
I AGREE 1000% WITH YOU!! We are all SKINS fans or why the hell would we even be on this site posting our frustrations ..truth is some here are new fans and some are long time vet fans..me I have not missed a game since 1969 ..the new fans are probably more frustrated than me..I lived through the glory years..been to the games felt RFK rock!! met most of my REDSKIN HEROES (back then you could get into the players parking lot and just walk up to any of the super star players and chat with them. even met Jack Kent Cooke!) things have changed and I no longer care as much and truth is the players don't either..its a huge business and that is all that matters. That EXTREME site is run by a bunch of so called experts who have no life outside living it through that site..please lets not turn this into something like that . WE ALL AGREE that we want this team to be something we can be proud of not just another heartbreaker game after game..GO SKINS!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:50 PM   #93
mredskins
MVP

Good article, King even addresses the lipstick issue in the first sentence.

Don’t Reach for the Panic Button in Washington | The MMQB with Peter King
Old 09-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #94
VirgilTibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Good article, King even addresses the lipstick issue in the first sentence.

Don’t Reach for the Panic Button in Washington | The MMQB with Peter King
If this was Bill Belicheck, then just maybe. But Kings entire "don't' panic" spill is supported by numerous quotes from Jay Gruden. A guy who has publicly contradicted himself on multiple occasions. A guy who poorly mismanages games, fails to adjust and gets frequently gets outcoached. A guy who looks flat out confused and way in over his head after losses. A guy who hired and has stuck by possibly the worst defensive coordinator in football. A guy who has a total win record of 38% and may very well be on the hot seat in the coming weeks.

Peter King failed if the purpose of this article is to get fans to step off the ledge when our starting QB has seemed to regress, our running game and defensive line loses talent in the off season and look worse, and all teams in our division seem to have improved.
VirgilTibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:55 PM   #95
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
It annoys me that Kirk still refers to himself as a work in progress when he is 28 years old!!! It depresses me that we may have the worst QB in the division, with rookie QBs starting for Dallas and Philly that are playing with more poise.
If you are referring to the same interview Kirk gave that I heard ...

Kirk asked Tom Brady when did he know he made it? When did it all start clicking? TB answered that he never felt like he made it, that he has to constantly work and work to make it click.

Kirk then went on to say that how he wants to approach the game as well. Constantly trying to get better, never taking a break thinking he made it or can afford to take a day or snap off. Pretty generic "always keep trying" athlete speak.

We have the 3rd best QB behind Eli and Romo.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:45 PM   #96
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
If you are referring to the same interview Kirk gave that I heard ...

Kirk asked Tom Brady when did he know he made it? When did it all start clicking? TB answered that he never felt like he made it, that he has to constantly work and work to make it click.

Kirk then went on to say that how he wants to approach the game as well. Constantly trying to get better, never taking a break thinking he made it or can afford to take a day or snap off. Pretty generic "always keep trying" athlete speak.

We have the 3rd best QB behind Eli and Romo.
He has not played like it.Right now he's the worst qb in the division and I suspect after Sunday he still will be.Theres no more excuses for kirk,none,zilch,period.2 rookies in the division look a lot better then he does amd 1 of them already outplayed him head to head.
I like Kirk,i've been a big Kirk supporter,drafted him in all my fantasy leagues before the season.I now have lost all confidence in him,he's way to inconsistent.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:06 PM   #97
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
He has not played like it.Right now he's the worst qb in the division and I suspect after Sunday he still will be.Theres no more excuses for kirk,none,zilch,period.2 rookies in the division look a lot better then he does amd 1 of them already outplayed him head to head.
I like Kirk,i've been a big Kirk supporter,drafted him in all my fantasy leagues before the season.I now have lost all confidence in him,he's way to inconsistent.
I admit that Wentz has looked legit. Seems to see the field well, can make a variety of throws and it looks like Pederson is not over simplyfing it for him. I think Dak has done what has been asked of him and it wont be fair to down grade him but he seems to have flaws that the boys coaches are coaching around.

Kirk has over 700 yards in 2 games. I see the same Kirk and offense as last year but we have been rusty and things havent quite clicked but it is there. We just have to adjust to what the NFL adjustment of playing soft zone and making it hard for Kirk to get the ball out quickly once he finishes his drop.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:20 PM   #98
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
I admit that Wentz has looked legit. Seems to see the field well, can make a variety of throws and it looks like Pederson is not over simplyfing it for him. I think Dak has done what has been asked of him and it wont be fair to down grade him but he seems to have flaws that the boys coaches are coaching around.

Kirk has over 700 yards in 2 games. I see the same Kirk and offense as last year but we have been rusty and things havent quite clicked but it is there. We just have to adjust to what the NFL adjustment of playing soft zone and making it hard for Kirk to get the ball out quickly once he finishes his drop.
Cmon man Yards mean nothing,but you are right about the same Kirk and offense as last year,problem is it's the same Kirk and offense from the beginning of last year instead of the end of last year.
Kirk is in year 5,year 5! he's a franchise qb! He's playing worse then New Englands 3rd string QB !! There is just no excuse for it,none whatsoever.
He is what he is,he's a fucking prick tease is what he is.Gets us all excited then pow you got blue balls
Old 09-23-2016, 09:34 PM   #99
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Cmon man Yards mean nothing,but you are right about the same Kirk and offense as last year,problem is it's the same Kirk and offense from the beginning of last year instead of the end of last year.
Kirk is in year 5,year 5! he's a franchise qb! He's playing worse then New Englands 3rd string QB !! There is just no excuse for it,none whatsoever.
He is what he is,he's a fucking prick tease is what he is.Gets us all excited then pow you got blue balls
he's played in 32 games w 27 starts...
Old 09-23-2016, 11:14 PM   #100
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
he's played in 32 games w 27 starts...
Yes I am aware of that
Old 09-24-2016, 10:02 AM   #101
los panda
Pro Bowl

so while this is his 5th season as a player who dresses on game day, it's really more like he just finished his 2nd season.