Redskins 16 Ravens 10 postgame thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-11-2016, 10:52 PM   #91
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
NFL 2016 Week 6 Power Rankings - Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers

I put zero weight to ESPN power rankings but enjoy their sometimes odd complete BS rankings.

Last week - espn had ravens at 14 and the skins at 19.

This week (after we beat the ravens) - espn has ravens staying at 14 ... and we drop to 22?

its like they intentionally throw shit against the wall so people like me having something to bitch about. thanks espn.

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago how whack ESPN is these days. Not only the power rankings. They had the games ranked too, and it was just dumb. The Pitt Jets game was ranked higher than the Skins Ravens. How did that work out? Im so over ESPN. I hardly watch it anymore. There commercials are their best stuff...
Edit: just checked out the rankings to see how bad. That is just plain stupid. Like someone should be fired. Not just the Skins, but how the hell are the Cards, Panthers, Giants, Ravens, etc. ranked where they are ranked?
"We are the great ESPN and we say the Bengals should move up for getting their asses kicked! You will obey our rankings because we are the kings of all things sports!"
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-11-2016, 11:29 PM   #92
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Redskins 16 Ravens 10 postgame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago how whack ESPN is these days. Not only the power rankings. They had the games ranked too, and it was just dumb. The Pitt Jets game was ranked higher than the Skins Ravens. How did that work out? Im so over ESPN. I hardly watch it anymore. There commercials are their best stuff...
Edit: just checked out the rankings to see how bad. That is just plain stupid. Like someone should be fired. Not just the Skins, but how the hell are the Cards, Panthers, Giants, Ravens, etc. ranked where they are ranked?
"We are the great ESPN and we say the Bengals should move up for getting their asses kicked! You will obey our rankings because we are the kings of all things sports!"
Life pro tip: Follow my lead and don't give a single shit about ESPN's ranking of the day's games and life will be a lot easier. I want the W baby, that's it, that's all, nothing more nothing less. ESPN can ride that rankings dick all they want, it don't make me no nevermind.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:32 PM   #93
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Life pro tip: Follow my lead and don't give a single shit about ESPN's ranking of the day's games and life will be a lot easier. I want the W baby, that's it, that's all, nothing more nothing less. ESPN can ride that rankings dick all they want, it don't make me no nevermind.

Lol. Dont get me wrong i dont give a shit, but you are the Center of the sporting universe and your rankings always look like some drunk intern that doesn't watch football was put in charge of it.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:37 PM   #94
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Lol. Dont get me wrong i dont give a shit, but you are the Center of the sporting universe and your rankings always look like some drunk intern that doesn't watch football was put in charge of it.
I doubt they care about your opinion as much as they care about the fact that it has people talking about it, which drives clicks and keeps people tuned in. Hate all you want, as long as you keep thinking about it and sharing your thoughts with everyone else.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:31 AM   #95
redskinsfan1980

That ranking was 1000% pure garbage. How does losing teams end up in the top 10 or 15? How does team who lose move up in the rankings and teams who win move down?
redskinsfan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:32 AM   #96
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I doubt they care about your opinion as much as they care about the fact that it has people talking about it, which drives clicks and keeps people tuned in. Hate all you want, as long as you keep thinking about it and sharing your thoughts with everyone else.

And i doubt they need people talking about their power rankings for exposure. Too conspiracy theorist. Ill go with their rankings just suck.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:48 PM   #97
J. Falcon
The Starter

Can someone answer this question for me

What would have happened if the Ravens had completed that last pass on 4th down with 20 seconds left, but their player is injured on the play. They had no timeouts left. Would there have been time a run-off?
J. Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:57 PM   #98
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
I stopped watching ESPN a long time ago. I find most of the shows to be unwatchable.

I will listen to Mike and Mike in the mornings, Dari and Mel on Saturday morning, and I will watch the Monday night game.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #99
J. Falcon
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Falcon View Post

What would have happened if the Ravens had completed that last pass on 4th down with 20 seconds left, but their player is injured on the play. They had no timeouts left. Would there have been time a run-off?
Anybody?
J. Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:18 AM   #100
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Falcon View Post

Just read the french rules, which are based on the NCAA rules, it would be a 10 second run off (unless the ball carrier went out of bounds of course).
Old 10-26-2016, 11:09 AM   #101
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck5120 View Post
Great win!
Stop drudging up old game day threads. Thanks.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:35 AM   #102
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Stop drudging up old game day threads. Thanks.

Wins are fine. Losses not so much.
Plus he is from Dallas and he is a Skins fans. He probably hasnt been able to celebrate with anyone since.... lol

Last edited by punch it in; 10-26-2016 at 04:34 PM.