Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Plus and Minus - Cowboys Game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #1
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Plus and Minus - Cowboys Game

Plus

1. Josh Norman was truly elite in this game. Covered and caused a turnover.
2. S'ua Cravens came in made big plays, moving the Boys backwards.
3. Nice game played by Trent Murphy. He has more bend in his rush.
4. Good game by Matt Jones. Good vision. Great effort.
5. We got people wide open deep several times.
6. The pass protection was very good.

Minus

1. Kirk played a poor game. Too bad, because he was the key today.
2. There were other minuses but I don't care to go there because if Kirk had played well today we would have won easily. He's being paid $20MM for this season alone, so there is no longer room for talk of learning, developing, or getting better. Now that he's being paid like an elite QB, there is only put up or shut up.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-19-2016, 10:33 AM   #2
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Plus and Minus - Cowboys Game

You build an offense with the best weapons we've had since The Posse, and the QB is still the reason we lost. That's an indictment.

Even if Kirk plays like he's normally capable the rest of the way, have you seen enough at this point to doubt his poise?

If he's this shaky now, how will he play in the playoffs?

He's got 14 more games to get right, but man does he need to get right. The three missed deep balls were really bad. Crowder, Jackson, and I'm counting the underthrow to Doctson as a miss - on all three of them the WR had so many steps on their guy. They were so goddamn open it wasn't even funny. Still missed them.

That's not just bad QB play, it's the kind of QB play that loses you a game you should easily win.

I'm so fucking frustrated.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:12 AM   #3
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Admittedly, KC did leave some throws on the field. But to put the game entirely on his shoulders is uncalled for.

It was only 3 points, but Washington was playing in the 4th quarter with the lead. Why did Matt Jones only get 13 touches the whole game?

Dallas gave Washington a very short field on consecutive possessions. Botched on-side kick, then, Elliot fumbled. 2 short fields and yielded only 2 field goals.

After the interception, Dallas goes on 11 play 80 yard drive. Defense had 10 plays and 80 yards to stop them.

Dallas offense had 5 scoring drives. 4 of which were 75 yards and greater (76, 94, 75, 80).

The defense and offensive play calling left just as much on the field as people are accusing KC of doing.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:13 AM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

To add on to what folks are saying..

Negative...Kory L play was better than week 1 from my eyes, but the penalties

Coaching especially on offense. Did anybody else think the ruled dropped pass by Dez(?) over the middle near the end of the game worth a challenge? It was close to a fumble imo

Co worker just shot me this stat, probably got off ESPN.com:

In the red zone this season, Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins has completed just five-of-17 passes for 34 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions and owns a 19.6 passer rating.

how about running the ball some in the red zone folks? Talking about where games are won and lost...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:27 AM   #5
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Admittedly, KC did leave some throws on the field. But to put the game entirely on his shoulders is uncalled for.

It was only 3 points, but Washington was playing in the 4th quarter with the lead. Why did Matt Jones only get 13 touches the whole game?

Dallas gave Washington a very short field on consecutive possessions. Botched on-side kick, then, Elliot fumbled. 2 short fields and yielded only 2 field goals.

After the interception, Dallas goes on 11 play 80 yard drive. Defense had 10 plays and 80 yards to stop them.

Dallas offense had 5 scoring drives. 4 of which were 75 yards and greater (76, 94, 75, 80).

The defense and offensive play calling left just as much on the field as people are accusing KC of doing.
Oh look who showed up. Go back under your rock.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:48 AM   #6
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
To add on to what folks are saying..

Negative...Kory L play was better than week 1 from my eyes, but the penalties

Coaching especially on offense. Did anybody else think the ruled dropped pass by Dez(?) over the middle near the end of the game worth a challenge? It was close to a fumble imo

Co worker just shot me this stat, probably got off ESPN.com:

In the red zone this season, Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins has completed just five-of-17 passes for 34 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions and owns a 19.6 passer rating.

how about running the ball some in the red zone folks? Talking about where games are won and lost...
I think KC has started enough games now to know what he is. He's a streaky player. He's going to be up and down and that's what middle of the road QB's are. He's the best one on the roster but will never be a top guy. We probably need to realize this, the coaches need to realize it and be more balanced. Stop calling 40 + passes a game cause most of the time it won't work with him.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:50 AM   #7
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think KC has started enough games now to know what he is. He's a streaky player. He's going to be up and down and that's what middle of the road QB's are. He's the best one on the roster but will never be a top guy. We probably need to realize this, the coaches need to realize it and be more balanced. Stop calling 40 + passes a game cause most of the time it won't work with him.
Totally agree with you. Looking like our best off season move was not locking him up long term. FML
Old 09-19-2016, 11:59 AM   #8
los panda
Pro Bowl

aaron rodgers has had 2 off games to start this season, they barely beat the jags and just lost to the vikings.

2 games is a drop in the bucket, stop calling for kirk's head. bad games happen to the great ones too.

i'll reserve my judgement for the end of the season.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:04 PM   #9
los panda
Pro Bowl

thru the first 3 weeks last season we were 1-2, kirk had 3 tds and 4 ints.

again, the sky is not falling. our division is weak. we can get on track.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:06 PM   #10
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
aaron rodgers has had 2 off games to start this season, they barely beat the jags and just lost to the vikings.

2 games is a drop in the bucket, stop calling for kirk's head. bad games happen to the great ones too.

AR having two bad games is way different then KC having two bad games. AR has a wall of past accomplishments, KC the jury is still out.

I am not saying KC is trash but he is going be a up and down guy for his whole career. The past two games it looks like his demons are coming back.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:07 PM   #11
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
thru the first 3 weeks last season we were 1-2, kirk had 3 tds and 4 ints.

again, the sky is not falling. our division is weak. we can get on track.
We win next week and I am right there with you. I say next week is do or die for this team/ KC.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:08 PM   #12
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
AR having two bad games is way different then KC having two bad games. AR has a wall of past accomplishments, KC the jury is still out.

I am not saying KC is trash but he is going be a up and down guy for his whole career. The past two games it looks like his demons are coming back.
he started 2015 1-2, 3 tds and 4 ints in those games.

he finished 9-7, 29 tds and 11 ints.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:09 PM   #13
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
We win next week and I am right there with you. I say next week is do or die for this team/ KC.
that's my message, it's too early to gouge our eyes out.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:09 PM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

That's the thing, we don't have Aaron Rodgers so stop trying to run an offense like mike McCarthy's. Cousins isn't Rodgers, its not close.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:21 PM   #15
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post

I don't discount any of your points, Jack; however, this was a game between two teams with many of the same strengths and weaknesses except for what should have been one clear advantage for the Skins - the QB position. The Skins started a $20MM five-year QB who lead his team to the playoffs last season while the Cowboys started a rookie QB who was playing his second NFL game. If Kirk Cousins had taken charge and made the plays he needed to make, the game would have turned out differently.

No QB should be paid $20MM just to "do his part" or "manage a game". When all else is essentially even between two teams, a $20MM QB must win that game. Is it about the money for me? In a sense, it is. It is about the quality of play to be expected from a QB who is trusted enough to be paid that much.

I'm not down on Kirk. At this point, he just needs to step up and lead us to victory vs. the Giants. It can and must be done.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote