Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The 2016 "Worst Case Scenario" Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-22-2016, 09:22 PM   #1
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

The 2016 "Worst Case Scenario" Thread

I want to apologize in advance if this doesn't belong here, but i myself have experienced severe negativity, and have fallen victim to "over-reaction city" as Matty expertly pointed out. I thought having a thread like this would be great for us to use to post our negative thoughts instead of clogging up the gameday or post-game threads.

So i'l start off:

Absolute worst case scenario: 0 - 3 wins
Outcome: Gruden and entire staff are fired, Redskins draft #1 overall.

"middle of the road" scenario:between 6 and 8 wins
Outcome: What many people expected during preseason, we will be looking to possibly add a QB depending on how bad Cousins does, and load up on a few more skill players, possibly look for a new DC.....

Advertisements
Old 09-22-2016, 09:41 PM   #2
calia
Playmaker

Re: The 2016 "Worst Case Scenario" Thread

Dude. Therapy. It's week 3.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:37 AM   #3
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Dude. Therapy. It's week 3.
Maybe i didn't explain myself well enough. I made the thread so that we could keep all the negative posts / thoughts in one thread when things go bad. I thought it was a good idea. Thats why I said if not, this thread could be deleted no problem...
Old 09-23-2016, 07:49 AM   #4
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Maybe i didn't explain myself well enough. I made the thread so that we could keep all the negative posts / thoughts in one thread when things go bad. I thought it was a good idea. Thats why I said if not, this thread could be deleted no problem...
I agree with your great idea!
Old 09-23-2016, 09:08 AM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Worst case scenario: if they are out of corn beef ill probably have to get it made with pastrami

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:24 AM   #6
calia
Playmaker

Quote:

Oh no need to pull the thread. And I get the explanation - and you are right that some of the other threads are filled with negativity. Not surprising given the 0-2 start. It's not a bad idea at all. It may even be our collective form of therapy. This team really does create a need for it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2016, 09:32 AM   #7
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Worst case scenario: Somebody feels the need to start a "Worst Case Scenario" Thread.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:52 AM   #8
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Worst case scenario: if they are out of corn beef ill probably have to get it made with pastrami
That's not that bad of a problem to have.
Pastrami is awesome!
Old 09-23-2016, 09:55 AM   #9
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

OK, so I've been on vacation and just getting back. Totally missed the game, but saw we lost so I'm not rewatching that mess on DVR. Looking at the stats, the Cowboys didn't exactly dominate us offensively, so what happened?!
Old 09-23-2016, 10:26 AM   #10
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

The blame falls mostly on the defense, but we also had some pretty poor QB play, and once again not really much of a running game.

It was still a bad loss and really this loss started the whole "dumpster fire" thing that's going on and all of the dumpster fire memes that are making their way around the internet concerning our dear old skins.

The problem I think we have now, is that with the defense, KC or McCoy or whomever is going to have to put up 30 + points even for us to have a shot at winning the game. Hence the whole "worst case scenario thread". With this defense I am seeing between 2 and 3 wins with the offense currently the way it is righrt now. If Cousins can get his shit together and be able to put up 30 points every game, then we could surprise some and go 8-8 or 9-7 again, which is probably good enough to make the playoffs
Old 09-23-2016, 10:56 AM   #11
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
The blame falls mostly on the defense, but we also had some pretty poor QB play, and once again not really much of a running game.

It was still a bad loss and really this loss started the whole "dumpster fire" thing that's going on and all of the dumpster fire memes that are making their way around the internet concerning our dear old skins.

The problem I think we have now, is that with the defense, KC or McCoy or whomever is going to have to put up 30 + points even for us to have a shot at winning the game. Hence the whole "worst case scenario thread". With this defense I am seeing between 2 and 3 wins with the offense currently the way it is righrt now. If Cousins can get his shit together and be able to put up 30 points every game, then we could surprise some and go 8-8 or 9-7 again, which is probably good enough to make the playoffs
Our defense has a lot of holes and it is not very good. But the offense hasn't been helping the defense. We have a whopping 6 points off turnovers this season. Our 3rd down percentage is around 36%; in two games we have only converted 8 times (out of 22 attempts).

I don't think our offense has a lot of holes, and I think we have the talent for our offense to be able to overcome the holes we have on defense. But the past two games have proven otherwise.

I'm not going to give the defense a pass, and they need to improve. But I expect the offense to play better, and that should be enough to perform better than we have in the past two games.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:01 AM   #12
Evilgrin
The Starter

We have a bad season and get more high picks, there are some nice DL in this draft at the top.

Redskins #2 In Revenue Per Year!
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:46 AM   #13
irish
Playmaker

Quote:

I agree and essentially said the same thing in another thread. Last week the Skins scored 23 points which was enough to win in 9 other games but the D let a bad Cowboys team score 27. This offense better be firing on all cylinders to score >30 points needed to have a chance to win.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:53 AM   #14
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilgrin View Post
We have a bad season and get more high picks, there are some nice DL in this draft at the top.
I thought the last draft was strong on DL. What happened?

Not being critical, I guess there's just so much you can do in one draft. Or two. But DL and C has got to be rising on the priority list. And I didn't mind the Doctson pick at all. Great player and the right move for cap purposes next season...
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:53 PM   #15
Evilgrin
The Starter

Im just talking about guys going in the top 10, the guy from A&M is a beast.

Redskins #2 In Revenue Per Year!
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote