Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins v. Lions Gameday Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-23-2016, 06:44 PM   #316
redskinsfan1980

Re: Skins v. Lions Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Then root for someone else. You are perhaps the most negative fan on here. Week after week complaining about the same shit and most of it makes no sense to what actually happened in the game.
You might be satisfied with mediocrity, but I'm not. This team finds ways to lose or find a way to keep teams close. Matt the fumbler Jones gave away the game. Kirk weak arm Cousins under threw a ball that might could have gave us a chance. Gruden is below average head coach with no vision. McVay needs to be working at McDonalds, not coaching our offense. These defense is just horrible. Without Norman we have no chance if stopping anyone.
redskinsfan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2016, 06:45 PM   #317
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinsfan1980 View Post
You might be satisfied with mediocrity, but I'm not. This team finds ways to lose or find a way to keep teams close. Matt the fumbler Jones gave away the game. Kirk weak arm Cousins under threw a ball that might could have gave us a chance. Gruden is below average head coach with no vision. McVay needs to be working at McDonalds, not coaching our offense. These defense is just horrible. Without Norman we have no chance if stopping anyone.

Im not sure which is worse. The loss or your rants?
No actually I am sure...it's your rants,...
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:58 PM   #318
J. Falcon
The Starter

There should be 2 game threads, one where the crazies can go rant their hysteria and ignorance and one for the rest of us.
J. Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:06 PM   #319
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I dont think the season is over but this is one of those losses that hurts in the WC race

I think the reason this stings is that we really could and should have won even with the mistakes. But let's be honest - we could easily have lost some games we have won in the last few weeks too. We are a decent team - but it means that some weeks, the breaks won't go our way and we lose, whereas other weeks they do and we win. But the good teams are sufficiently better than their opponents to not have to rely on breaks here and there. We just aren't consistently there yet, although we certainly show flashes.

Let's see how they respond next week. No flat start will be excusable. They need to come out angry and just keep at it for 60 minutes. They're talented enough to beat the Bengals. But nothing short of their best effort is likely to achieve that result.

The injuries today were really concerning - Trent, Scherff, Norman, Breeland for a while - that's a lot of talent with a real drop off afterwards (with the possible exception of breeland) for a team with little margin for error.

On Jones v Kelly, I get the impression that Jones has taken his starting role for granted - once we got rid of Alfmo, he seems less hungry. Kelly on the other hand looks like he is dying to see the field and runs like he is running for freedom. Love to see that effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2016, 08:36 PM   #320
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I think the reason this stings is that we really could and should have won even with the mistakes. But let's be honest - we could easily have lost some games we have won in the last few weeks too. We are a decent team - but it means that some weeks, the breaks won't go our way and we lose, whereas other weeks they do and we win. But the good teams are sufficiently better than their opponents to not have to rely on breaks here and there. We just aren't consistently there yet, although we certainly show flashes.

Let's see how they respond next week. No flat start will be excusable. They need to come out angry and just keep at it for 60 minutes. They're talented enough to beat the Bengals. But nothing short of their best effort is likely to achieve that result.

The injuries today were really concerning - Trent, Scherff, Norman, Breeland for a while - that's a lot of talent with a real drop off afterwards (with the possible exception of breeland) for a team with little margin for error.

On Jones v Kelly, I get the impression that Jones has taken his starting role for granted - once we got rid of Alfmo, he seems less hungry. Kelly on the other hand looks like he is dying to see the field and runs like he is running for freedom. Love to see that effort.

Kelly reminds me of former cowboys rb Marion Barber,a very bruising and punishing runner.He probably wouldnt have a long career but would be damn good for a short period of time{3-4 yrs}
Old 10-23-2016, 08:42 PM   #321
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Kelly reminds me of former cowboys rb Marion Barber,a very bruising and punishing runner.He probably wouldnt have a long career but would be damn good for a short period of time{3-4 yrs}

Agreed. Good call.