Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 10:52 AM   #256
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Slow your roll man. Lol. Really I doubt my post encapsulates everything wrong with the universe. Haha. I am simply pointing out that players hold out all the time without some over the top stories made up for leverage, which btw is what you said! So it is ok for you to sight his “alleged” words to back up your point but not mine? Ok.
Also, who has refuted anything? Last I checked a teammate had backed it up.
Your post doesn't reflect everything wrong in the universe, but it does reflect what i see as one of the biggest problems in America as it relates to how people react to information. People quickly form concrete, extreme views based on little and/or biased information and then dig their heels in. Most of the time, their interpretation is based less on an objective analysis of the facts and rather whatever fits in best with their own personal beliefs and biases. Its so reactionary - and its not just in politics, although i think its a way of behaving that started in politics but has expanded to all facets of how we consume information. I made this comment in response to your post, not to single you out as doing something unusual or especially egregious - almost everyone does it, but i just thought it was an interesting, non-political, example of this behavior popping up somewhere i didn't expect it (but should have). So i do apologize if it came off personal. That was not my intent.

anyway, back to the redskins stuff - all the local beat reporters followed up on it with their sources and they said it wasn't true.

Moses made vague comments that indicated he was on TW's side and he was glad TW was taking a stand, but those comments could have applied to anything. You can infer from that whatever you want. But AP is one of TW's best friends on the team (they played together in college and TW pushed the team hard to recruit AP) and AP said that he talked with TW all the time and TW had never said anything like that report.

Further, i'm not siting any "alleged" words to back up one side or the other. I'm only saying that we can't make ANY conclusions at all from those alleged words.

Sure, i have my personal theory, but its just a theory and only based on the facts we know: 1) TW is holding out, 2) TWs contract appears below-market compared to when he signed it, 3) TW had a surgical procedure to remove a benign tumor from his scalp. 4) TW has immense leverage due to the teams other options at LT.

My theory could be write or wrong, but i'm not basing it on anything but the facts that we know. If new facts become available, i'll adjust my take on the situation. But i'm certainly not projecting my own angst with the team onto Trent and declaring that he thinks certain things when the man has not said one word to know what he thinks.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.

Advertisements
Old 06-11-2019, 11:09 AM   #257
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Your post doesn't reflect everything wrong in the universe, but it does reflect what i see as one of the biggest problems in America as it relates to how people react to information. People quickly form concrete, extreme views based on little and/or biased information and then dig their heels in. Most of the time, their interpretation is based less on an objective analysis of the facts and rather whatever fits in best with their own personal beliefs and biases. Its so reactionary - and its not just in politics, although i think its a way of behaving that started in politics but has expanded to all facets of how we consume information. I made this comment in response to your post, not to single you out as doing something unusual or especially egregious - almost everyone does it, but i just thought it was an interesting, non-political, example of this behavior popping up somewhere i didn't expect it (but should have). So i do apologize if it came off personal. That was not my intent.

anyway, back to the redskins stuff - all the local beat reporters followed up on it with their sources and they said it wasn't true.

Moses made vague comments that indicated he was on TW's side and he was glad TW was taking a stand, but those comments could have applied to anything. You can infer from that whatever you want. But AP is one of TW's best friends on the team (they played together in college and TW pushed the team hard to recruit AP) and AP said that he talked with TW all the time and TW had never said anything like that report.

Further, i'm not siting any "alleged" words to back up one side or the other. I'm only saying that we can't make ANY conclusions at all from those alleged words.

Sure, i have my personal theory, but its just a theory and only based on the facts we know: 1) TW is holding out, 2) TWs contract appears below-market compared to when he signed it, 3) TW had a surgical procedure to remove a benign tumor from his scalp. 4) TW has immense leverage due to the teams other options at LT.

My theory could be write or wrong, but i'm not basing it on anything but the facts that we know. If new facts become available, i'll adjust my take on the situation. But i'm certainly not projecting my own angst with the team onto Trent and declaring that he thinks certain things when the man has not said one word to know what he thinks.

My objective analysis of the situation is I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT BRUCE AND THIS IDIOT FRANCHISE PISSED OFF OUR BEST PLAYER TO THE POINT OF NO RETURN.
I think where we differ is imo Bruce being a numb nutz and this franchise being capable of fucking up a situation are facts and not opinions. Lol
If we were the Pats Id say hey pump the brakes. This cannot be true, But we are the Skins and Im basing my opinion on almost 30 years of track record, not one solitary article or tweet.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #258
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
My objective analysis of the situation is I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT BRUCE AND THIS IDIOT FRANCHISE PISSED OFF OUR BEST PLAYER TO THE POINT OF NO RETURN.
I think where we differ is imo Bruce being a numb nutz and this franchise being capable of fucking up a situation are facts and not opinions. Lol
If we were the Pats Id say hey pump the brakes. This cannot be true, But we are the Skins and Im basing my opinion on almost 30 years of track record, not one solitary article or tweet.
It is pretty easy to err on the side of the Redskins powers to be screwed up, until proven otherwise, since Snyder has been owner.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:50 AM   #259
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
It is pretty easy to err on the side of the Redskins powers to be screwed up, until proven otherwise, since Snyder has been owner.

Sad...but...oh so true
Old 06-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #260
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Yes, but there have also been plenty of bullshit stories put out there by some local and national media people who have a negative bias against the team and who live for these exaggerated stories.

I don't have a problem with people always thinking negatively about the team and front office, they (team/FO) have done very little to have any trust from the fanbase.

However, if you come in bitching and whining all the time because you are easily duped into believing some of these speculative stories in the media, well that shit gets old quickly.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-11-2019, 12:01 PM   #261
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Yes, but there have also been plenty of bullshit stories put out there by some local and national media people who have a negative bias against the team and who live for these exaggerated stories.

I don't have a problem with people always thinking negatively about the team and front office, they (team/FO) have done very little to have any trust from the fanbase.

However, if you come in bitching and whining all the time because you are easily duped into believing some of these speculative stories in the media, well that shit gets old quickly.

So does defending Dick Snyder and the prince of darkness every time they get in their own way...
Old 06-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #262
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fans are tired of the bullshit....look at the local ratings and the empty stadium last year. The Trent story seems par for the course

Sorry the FO doesn't get a pass based on recent history. Its a clown show.

Also, past players dissatisfaction with the team doc and the way the team handled injuries is well documented....Keim has spoken about it being a concern. Also the team has been the most injured the last several years.

This is cumulative story at this point...the Trent situation just continues it.

He Gets Us
Old 06-11-2019, 12:59 PM   #263
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Fans are tired of the bullshit....look at the local ratings and the empty stadium last year. The Trent story seems par for the course

Sorry the FO doesn't get a pass based on recent history. Its a clown show.

Also, past players dissatisfaction with the team doc and the way the team handled injuries is well documented....Keim has spoken about it being a concern. Also the team has been the most injured the last several years.

This is cumulative story at this point...the Trent situation just continues it.
I never said that the FO should get a pass, I'm just tired of misinformed fans taking bullshit stories as the gospel in here.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-11-2019, 01:07 PM   #264
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I never said that the FO should get a pass, I'm just tired of misinformed fans taking bullshit stories as the gospel in here.

Yeah because this team always comes out waving the redemption flag and smelling like roses. Hahaha. Where have you been for the last three decades dude?
Just stop with the fake news, nothing to see here bullshit. Where there is smoke there is always fire with this dumpster.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:15 PM   #265
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:

That's what you get when your GM/President only does national interviews(Combine, SB, Post Draft) and completely shuns the local press.
If Bruce isn't willing to deal with these issues head on, don't expect much leeway from the reporters that cover the team everyday.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:30 PM   #266
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
its all good. I get it

He Gets Us
Old 06-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #267
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
That's what you get when your GM/President only does national interviews(Combine, SB, Post Draft) and completely shuns the local press.
If Bruce isn't willing to deal with these issues head on, don't expect much leeway from the reporters that cover the team everyday.
There are plenty of unbiased reporters in the local media:
- John Keim
- Michael Phillips,
- JP Findlay
- Craig Hoffman
- Tarik El-Bashir

You rarely hear these guys reporting a lot of the BS stories and often they are the ones that even tend to clarify or refute some of them. They also don't shy from criticizing the team, so they can't be accused from being yes-men.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #268
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
What are you even talking about? Bruce DID deal with this issue head on.

Three days after the initial rumor came out, he spoke with a reputable, local, reporter - JP Finlay. He told JP Trent was a valuable player, that he'd talked with Trent directly about it, understood what Trent's concerns were, and that he'd keep the conversation confidential.

I will not defend any of Allen's bungling of dozens of situations, but he's handled this situation (at least publicly) in the correct way.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:40 PM   #269
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Wow is the bar at an all time low for the Redskins FO, royally fuck with the football team as long as it is done internally.....
Old 06-11-2019, 07:51 PM   #270
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
There are plenty of unbiased reporters in the local media:

- John Keim

- Michael Phillips,

- JP Findlay

- Craig Hoffman

- Tarik El-Bashir

You rarely hear these guys reporting a lot of the BS stories and often they are the ones that even tend to clarify or refute some of them. They also don't shy from criticizing the team, so they can't be accused from being yes-men.

Keim, Phillips, and Bashir did an entire podcast about this exact issue lol, and did not refute any of it. They are all completely saying the same thing - Skins literally screwed with his brain, and he isn’t happy with his contract. They are hopeful he will be back but certainly not sure of it.
Closed Thread