Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

In all the various mock drafts, is their one player you'd HATE for the Skins to draft at 15?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-24-2019, 03:19 PM   #46
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: In all the various mock drafts, is their one player you'd HATE for the Skins to draft at 15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Haskins has no mobility. The big slow footed pure pocket QB's are going to be a thing of the past in a few years. Sure I'd love to have him but not at #15. In the 2nd or 3rd round sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
For real, all these guys had WHEELS!
1 Peyton Manning 539
2 Drew Brees 520
3 Tom Brady 517
4 Brett Favre 508
5 Dan Marino 420
6 Philip Rivers 374
7 Ben Roethlisberger 363
8 Eli Manning 360
Isn't Tom Brady the slowest of all of those? He ran like a 5.3 forty at the combine he probably runs a 6 flat now.

I also remember when Colin Kaepernick and RG3 were considered the prototypical new QB.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-24-2019, 03:22 PM   #47
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Re: In all the various mock drafts, is their one player you'd HATE for the Skins to draft at 15?

Quote:
For real, all these guys had WHEELS!
1 Peyton Manning 539
2 Drew Brees 520
3 Tom Brady 517
4 Brett Favre 508
5 Dan Marino 420
6 Philip Rivers 374
7 Ben Roethlisberger 363
8 Eli Manning 360
Love this. From 1983 to 1999 Marino played in 242 games. He career rushing yards over that time is 87. Not per game, not per season....his entire career.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:26 PM   #48
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Haskins has no mobility. The big slow footed pure pocket QB's are going to be a thing of the past in a few years. Sure I'd love to have him but not at #15. In the 2nd or 3rd round sure.
I hear what you are saying, and the mobile QB is the latest fad. But find me a 'running QB' that has had any career worth merit after the age of 30.

Just saying, there's lots of young running QBs out there. But there are no old ones.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:28 PM   #49
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
I hear what you are saying, and the mobile QB is the latest fad. But find me a 'running QB' that has had any career worth merit after the age of 30.

Just saying, there's lots of young running QBs out there. But there are no old ones.
Fran Tarkenton and Steve Young come to mind, but yes, it is extremely rare.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:34 PM   #50
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Steve Young
Old 04-24-2019, 03:36 PM   #51
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Steve Young
A day late and a dollar short.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:48 PM   #52
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Fran Tarkenton and Steve Young come to mind, but yes, it is extremely rare.
Tarkenton's rushing dropped a lot as he got older. On the other hand if every step a QB took was added up I don't think anyone covered more ground than Tarkenton.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:53 PM   #53
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Tarkenton's rushing dropped a lot as he got older. On the other hand if every step a QB took was added up I don't think anyone covered more ground than Tarkenton.
Good call, he was so much fun to watch scrambling around back there like a sandlot game.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:38 PM   #54
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Love this. From 1983 to 1999 Marino played in 242 games. He career rushing yards over that time is 87. Not per game, not per season....his entire career.

Watching the 30 for 30 "From Elway to Marino", which focuses on the 1983 First Round of the Draft, is a tad painful.

Marino almost dropped all the way to the Skins with the last pick in the first round. Can you imagine Joe Gibbs, with Dan Marino??? Holy crap. I know I have read that Gibbs was getting more and more excited as Marino kept falling.

Of course, the Skins snagging Darrell Green instead, was pretty amazing too. But it makes you wonder ... would Green have been there for the Skins in round 2?? Coming out of Texas A & I, I think it's possible. Then you would have had Marino in round 1, and Green in round 2. Wowsa.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:58 PM   #55
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I just realized the Redskins haven't had any sustained decent play at the QB position since Joe Theisman. He retired over 30 years ago. The longest sustained run since was 3 straight years of Cousins starting.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:02 PM   #56
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Welcome back Bob.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 05:09 PM   #57
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Steve Young
He was a pure passer too, a Wilson like in his era

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2019, 07:38 PM   #58
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
I just realized the Redskins haven't had any sustained decent play at the QB position since Joe Theisman. He retired over 30 years ago. The longest sustained run since was 3 straight years of Cousins starting.
Which is why I thought we'd keep Cousins. What was I thinking? LOL!
Old 04-24-2019, 08:44 PM   #59
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
And even that sustained run was with a QB that did not want to play here and wanted to get paid elite QB money.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:58 PM   #60
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Isn't Tom Brady the slowest of all of those? He ran like a 5.3 forty at the combine he probably runs a 6 flat now.

I also remember when Colin Kaepernick and RG3 were considered the prototypical new QB.
Brady can move in the pocket as well as anyone.

You don't have to run a 4.5 when you know when to take that extra step up to buy the extra time to throw.