Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-07-2018, 12:03 PM   #151
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Yes. *your

Yes. He was simply sitting during the NA before he was told to at least be somewhat respectful and take a knee.

I know what he's protesting.

Gonna call complete BS on the fact that you stand with UR hand over UR heart when the anthem comes on and UR home alone.

If you know what he is protesting than why are you so up in arms about it? If UR answer is going to be because a black gang member held UR ass and somehow that makes all black people thugs than please spare me UR response.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-07-2018, 01:12 PM   #152
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Gonna call complete BS on the fact that you stand with UR hand over UR heart when the anthem comes on and UR home alone.
OK, I see how it is. You piss and moan for being judged by your skin, but you think it's OK to call me a liar? You are a hypocrite.

Quote:
If you know what he is protesting than why are you so up in arms about it? If UR answer is going to be because a black gang member held UR ass and somehow that makes all black people thugs than please spare me UR response.
I'm not. I don't give a crap about Kapernick. I was answering someone else who said he was kneeling and putting his hand over his heart, and with all the pictures I've seen, I haven't seen this to be true. He also didn't look very interested in the photos, but I will say I've seen him on TV, during the NA, and he didn't appear to be wanting to honor the NA at all. I think this is pretty logical when he was sitting on the bench prior to a vet telling him that it was more honorable to kneel during the anthem. And I've probably said it before, but I've never really had an issue with the kneeling. But then again, you probably wouldn't have picked up on that since you're in full force, racist mode in trying to prove I'm an evil whitey.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:16 PM   #153
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
OK, I see how it is. You piss and moan for being judged by your skin, but you think it's OK to call me a liar? You are a hypocrite.

I'm not. I don't give a crap about Kapernick. I was answering someone else who said he was kneeling and putting his hand over his heart, and with all the pictures I've seen, I haven't seen this to be true. He also didn't look very interested in the photos, but I will say I've seen him on TV, during the NA, and he didn't appear to be wanting to honor the NA at all. I think this is pretty logical when he was sitting on the bench prior to a vet telling him that it was more honorable to kneel during the anthem. And I've probably said it before, but I've never really had an issue with the kneeling. But then again, you probably wouldn't have picked up on that since you're in full force, racist mode in trying to prove I'm an evil whitey.

What color skin do u think i have out of curiosity? Lol. Im referring to the post u made previously when u claimed that white privilege was a farce based on the fact that u were held up by a black gang member- COMPLETELY making it seem as if people of other color do not commit violent crimes. LMAO. Go back and read it for yourself- I wasn’t the only one that was smelling racist over tones in that post.

Last edited by punch it in; 06-07-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:27 PM   #154
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I had no idea being held at gun point and my life threatened by a black gang for nothing more than sport was white privilege. Who knew?

Here you go. Explain how this does not smell of racism? You are arguing with others who posted about white privilege, doubting that it is a thing, by pointing out the bad actions of a few black people. As if their actions speak for their race.
If you truly are not racist, and truly do not believe that than i would only suggest that you think carefully about what you say to people who really do not know anything about you other than you are a skins fan and probably a metal head. Lol.
But do not accuse me of playing the race card for no reason.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:18 PM   #155
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Yup. Its called deflection. Couldn’t serve his country even though he was asked to do so in Vietnam. Couldn’t pay taxes. But boy can he put a spin on a peaceful protest against racial discrimination and call out football players for kneeling during a song. Hypocrite isn’t nearly strong enough a word for this clown.
Couldn't? lol . . . he could have just fine, he chose not to . . . you know, a draft dodger
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:21 PM   #156
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:

i have seen both with or without the hand . . . but either way, kneeling in and of itself IS a SHOW OF RESPECT
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:28 PM   #157
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
What color skin do u think i have out of curiosity? Lol. Im referring to the post u made previously when u claimed that white privilege was a farce based on the fact that u were held up by a black gang member- COMPLETELY making it seem as if people of other color do not commit violent crimes. LMAO. Go back and read it for yourself- I wasn’t the only one that was smelling racist over tones in that post.
Is that what you got out of that post? LOL! You need mental help or a slap across the face. Which ever is more effective.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:37 PM   #158
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Here you go. Explain how this does not smell of racism? You are arguing with others who posted about white privilege, doubting that it is a thing, by pointing out the bad actions of a few black people. As if their actions speak for their race.
If you truly are not racist, and truly do not believe that than i would only suggest that you think carefully about what you say to people who really do not know anything about you other than you are a skins fan and probably a metal head. Lol.
But do not accuse me of playing the race card for no reason.
Maybe you should take your on advice. I'm not the only one on the board of whom you've had these arguments with. You're the common denominator. And once the conversation doesn't go your way, you start calling people racist. It's a weak argument.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:47 PM   #159
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Want to talk about a racist white dude (towards his own race).

Nothing to do with anthem but down the rabbit hole where this thread is turning.

Professor banned from restaurant for profanity-laced rant against white children, university investigating | Fox News
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:53 PM   #160
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Is that what you got out of that post? LOL! You need mental help or a slap across the face. Which ever is more effective.

Right because bringing up a black crime in defense of your denial of white privilege isnt racist. And slow ur roll with the slap talk tough guy.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:54 PM   #161
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Maybe you should take your on advice. I'm not the only one on the board of whom you've had these arguments with. You're the common denominator. And once the conversation doesn't go your way, you start calling people racist. It's a weak argument.

Im sure JR will send u flowers. Lol
Old 06-07-2018, 04:02 PM   #162
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
i have seen both with or without the hand . . . but either way, kneeling in and of itself IS a SHOW OF RESPECT
In the traditional customs of the national anthem and the pledge to the flag, it isn't. However, it is more respectful than sitting on the bench, which is what Kap was doing initially until the vet asked him to kneel. I don't really care either way, I'm just looking at this through logic. Do you really think Kap had respect in his mind when he decided he felt so strongly about police brutality that he was going to refuse to stand for the anthem? No, he had protest in his mind, and he wanted an effective platform to get that point across. He knew that doing this on his own time, off camera, wasn't going be as effective of a message as sitting out the NA on a televised game. And, he was absolutely right. It's gotten people talking about it.

But let's face it, had that army vet never said a word to Kap, do you think he would've ever took a knee, or would he have continued sitting on the bench? How many of you truly knew anything about kneeling during the NA before this came up? Honestly? I would bet not many if any at all.

Had the same army vet came up to Kap and asked him to stand for the NA and protest in some other form or fashion, do you think Kap would have done that?
Old 06-07-2018, 04:07 PM   #163
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

White privilege is the biggest blanket stereo type in the country. There are privileged people of every race and people who got a raw deal of every race.

I'm white and my privilege is living in the greatest country in the world and having great fucking parents that taught me what hard work was and busted their asses every single day.

The major problems in the black community and every other community, including the white community, is lack of parenting, especially father figures, lack of education thru either bad schools or bad parenting, drug addiction, committing crimes, lack of high paying jobs, etc.

I think most of everyone in this country has a lot more in common, and face the same problems and same opportunities, than what is projected.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 04:11 PM   #164
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Right because bringing up a black crime in defense of your denial of white privilege isnt racist. And slow ur roll with the slap talk tough guy.
I see. I'm racist because I shared a story about how my life nearly got cut short by a black gang. Got it. I'll make a mental note to next time only get threatened by white people in order to avoid being called a racist.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:13 PM   #165
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
White privilege is the biggest blanket stereo type in the country. There are privileged people of every race and people who got a raw deal of every race.

I'm white and my privilege is living in the greatest country in the world and having great fucking parents that taught me what hard work was and busted their asses every single day.

The major problem is the black community and every other community, including the white community, is lack of parenting, especially father figures, lack of education thru either bad schools or bad parenting, drug addiction, committing crimes, lack of high paying jobs, etc.

I think most of everyone in this country has a lot more in common, and face the same problems and same opportunities, than what is projected.
Queue Punch calling you racist in five, four, three, two, one......