Arizona's New Immigration Law

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #616
saden1
MVP

Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I didn't say he nullified section 13, I said he nullified a part (or clause) of it, or as my link said, he voided it. But, please continue your lectures, personally I am always entertained.
I enjoy being professorial...you reach I teach is my motto.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #617
gafinfan
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You're sure he nullified section 13? You should read your own link again, understand it, then try again. Nullify means a specific thing.

You don't have to be a Supreme Court Scholar or stay at a Holiday Inn to know you sue officials in Federal Courts before the Supreme Court. I have sued several federal official pro-se and successfully in Federal Court.
Oh dear, are you the President or the AG suing a State?

Let us be clear about which we debate and Marshall was right IMVHO.

The full text:

Quote:
Section 2 - Trial by Jury, Original Jurisdiction, Jury Trials

(The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority; to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls; to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction; to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party; to Controversies between two or more States; between a State and Citizens of another State; between Citizens of different States; between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.) (This section in parentheses is modified by the 11th Amendment.)

In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.

The Trial of all Crimes, except in Cases of Impeachment, shall be by Jury; and such Trial shall be held in the State where the said Crimes shall have been committed; but when not committed within any State, the Trial shall be at such Place or Places as the Congress may by Law have directed.

Marshall was quite correct in his ruling: In all other cases the Congress shall have Exceptions as they may by law have directed.

One doesn't have to be a lawyer to see that common sense tells us that if Congress were to be able to legislate the Supreme Court there would be no justification for having one in the first place. It is in fact one of the three branches equal to and in balance with the other two. JMO of course being I never stay at the Holiday Inn.

BTW I never said one couldn't do whatever as surely history has shown us the government has trashed the Constitution whenever they felt the need to grab more power, as in any crisis will do. Never the less that does not make it right.
gafinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #618
saden1
MVP

You're right, they're all stupid and wrong about the Constitution and case jurisdiction. Sadly the Constitution means nothing anymore and people seem to be OK with it.

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 08-30-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #619
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

FRBSF Economic Letter: The Effect of Immigrants on U.S. Employment and Productivity (2010-26, 8/30/2010)
Old 08-30-2010, 04:32 PM   #620
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

I think it only to fair to post an "Idaho" Federal Reserve publication to neutralize your SF post.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:01 PM   #621
saden1
MVP

Florida's Arizona-Style Immigration Bill Would Give Canadians, Europeans a Free Pass - Miami News - Riptide 2.0

i guess people from visa waiver countries can't be here illegally.

-Jenkins
Old 10-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #622
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Its not that they cant, but because they dont want to be here permanently, legally or not. People from visa waiver counties live in developed and politically stable counties. America and other counties allow visa waiver countries to visit their economies for up to 90 days without additional paperwork.

The headline is misleading because only part of Europe (the non-emerging counties) are included. Not all of Europe is allowed, just the part that is developed and politically secure. Apparently people from developed and politically stable countries arnt usually illegal immigrants.... who knew?

Also 4 countries from Asia are allowed (which the headline neglects to include for some reason) in addition to the Australia and New Zealand.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:10 PM   #623
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Its not that they cant, but because they dont want to be here permanently, legally or not. People from visa waiver counties live in developed and politically stable counties. America and other counties allow visa waiver countries to visit their economies for up to 90 days without additional paperwork.

The headline is misleading because only part of Europe (the non-emerging counties) are included. Not all of Europe is allowed, just the part that is developed and politically secure. Apparently people from developed and politically stable countries arnt usually illegal immigrants.... who knew?

Also 4 countries from Asia are allowed (which the headline neglects to include for some reason) in addition to the Australia and New Zealand.
There is a difference between wanting to go back to their country and having to go back. Given the chance a lot of them would want to stay. What they do have compared to the brown people south of the boarder is the ability to come here at will and obtain work visas. I mean, look at some of those countries on the list and tell me some of their people wouldn't want to stay here.

There is also the matter of this all being about enforcing our immigration laws. Why should a legal Cuban resident of Florida get more scrutinized than a Frenchman or Korean?

Give the brown people visas for low wage jobs and see what happens.

-Jenkins
Old 08-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #624
mlmpetert
Playmaker

I meant to post this last week:

"The president this week gave the illegal aliens renewed hope by announcing new rules allowing non-violent illegal immigrants to remain in the country indefinitely. Unfortunately, he never explained how the government will know if an illegal alien -- with no identity to speak of -- possesses a propensity for violence and crime," Baker added.

Obama cheered by illegal alien advocates, but they want more - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com

Whats funny, is a couple days after signing the order Obama's illegal immigrant uncle got a DUI. Fortunately for the President he has been in this situation before so he should be well equipped to deal with it:

Another one? You can’t be serious.

Americans were enraged last year by the story of Barack Obama’s illegal alien Aunt Zeituni. Zeituni had mooched the system in Boston for public housing, welfare and food stamps for years. All while ignoring deportation orders and skipping immigration hearings, before a judge (in an unprecedented closed hearing) granted her asylum in May 2010. You may recall that Obama’s grifter Aunt wasn’t exactly humble or grateful about her experience:

Obama's Illegal Aunt: "You Have The Obligation to Make Me a Citizen" - YouTube

Now is has been reported that Obama has another close relative in the U.S. illegally who is gaming the system in the sanctuary state of Massachussetts.

Onyango Obama, 67, is the “Uncle Omar” mentioned in the president’s book, “Dreams From My Father.” He is also from from Kenya and is the brother of Zeituni. And last week, “Uncle Omar” Obama was arrested in Framingham, Mass. for DUI and nearly colliding with a police car. The details:

Obama failed a field sobriety test after almost running his SUV into a police car in Framingham, Mass, near Boston. According to a police report, he rolled through a stop sign and then made a quick left turn, requiring the squad car and another vehicle to slam on their breaks to avoid hitting him.

As if there was any doubt about his connection with the President, “Uncle Omar” cleared that up right away when he was booked:

Framingham Public Information Officer Lieutenant Delaney said when Onyango Obama was asked at the station if he wanted to make a telephone call to arrange for bail, he replied: “I think I will call the White House.”

Well, how nice for him. And how do we know he is here illegally?

Obama has a federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement warrant for his arrest. ICE has previously ordered him to be deported back to Kenya…. Judge Douglas Stoddart did not set any bail on the driving charges but ordered him held on the ICE warrant.

Sound familiar? That is what Aunt Zeituni faced as well, minus the DUI of course. In fact, it has now been reported that “Uncle Omar” has retained Cleveland lawyer Margaret Wong – the same immigration attorney who successfully represented Mr. Obama’s sister Zeituni, when she managed to avoid deportation to Kenya.

Obama’s Illegal Alien Uncle Arrested for DUI in Boston (Will Obama Stop Deportation?) | Stand With Arizona
Old 08-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #625
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Also this may be worth mentioning:

The Associated Press: Perry bills feds $349M for illegal immigrants