Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-15-2019, 02:18 PM   #121
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
This assumes TW doesn't show up all season. I would think he would show up so to get one year closer to free agency.

As far as the cap space goes, considering that one of - if not the biggest - reasons for the holdout is MONEY, TW would likely demand a new contract as part of any trade. And that new contract could lower the cap hit this year for Trents new team.

This is all about Bruce's stubbornness.
I think it's very realistic he shows up at week 10 exactly for the reasons you mentioned. Sitting out the whole season does nothing to move forward his contract so he can leave, playing for 6 weeks on an noncompetitive team does.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2019, 02:31 PM   #122
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I think it's very realistic he shows up at week 10 exactly for the reasons you mentioned. Sitting out the whole season does nothing to move forward his contract so he can leave, playing for 6 weeks on an noncompetitive team does.
It wouldn't surprise me if he showed up week 10 but had some sort of "injury" which prevents him from playing.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:40 PM   #123
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
g that one of - if not the biggest - reasons for the holdout is MONEY, TW would likely demand a new contract as part of any trade. And that new contract could lower the cap hit this year for Trents new team.

This is all about Bruce's stubbornness.
Sign and trade I thought was always needed. Trent wants a new contract and doesnt want to play 2020 on a final year without guaranteed $$ for future years.

Extending Trent 3 more years at 14M or so per seemed like a reasonable resolution for both parties. I love Trent but with a compete rebuild, I would have preferred draft picks.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:27 PM   #124
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

I can understand that Jay is not happy about being fired by the people he worked for. But it seems he has an axe to grind with a lot of the people who worked for him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-front-office/

Quote:
“I’m happy for some of the players and a few of the coaches who got their first win,” he said Tuesday on ESPN Radio’s “Dan Le Batard Show.”
Evidently Jay is unhappy that most of his former players and the majority of his former assistant coaches got to experience a win. Even unemployed, Jay's showing that he's still a loser.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:51 PM   #125
MTK
\m/

If Jay has an axe to grind he sure isn't grinding it very hard. I find his comments to be pretty harmless.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:02 PM   #126
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

I listened to the interview and it was harmless. He didn't say anything wrong.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:10 PM   #127
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
If Jay has an axe to grind he sure isn't grinding it very hard. I find his comments to be pretty harmless.
Do you think most of the players and coaches on the Redskins would take that as a benign comment? He clearly is not happy for all of his former players and staff. It would have been very easy to say so. The fact that he deliberately chose to indicate he was only happy for a relatively small number of them is indicative of where his mind is.

I'm under no delusions that we will be able to secure a better coach, but it damn well wont be hard to find a better leader.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:45 PM   #128
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Do you think most of the players and coaches on the Redskins would take that as a benign comment? He clearly is not happy for all of his former players and staff. It would have been very easy to say so. The fact that he deliberately chose to indicate he was only happy for a relatively small number of them is indicative of where his mind is.

I'm under no delusions that we will be able to secure a better coach, but it damn well wont be hard to find a better leader.
Jay is no longer our leader, why do you expect him to act like one?

If your employer fired you and blamed you as the scapegoat for their problems would you take the high road too?

+1 Matty everything I've heard from him so far seems like he's made his peace with it.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:32 PM   #129
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
I can understand that Jay is not happy about being fired by the people he worked for. But it seems he has an axe to grind with a lot of the people who worked for him.

Evidently Jay is unhappy that most of his former players and the majority of his former assistant coaches got to experience a win. Even unemployed, Jay's showing that he's still a loser.
I didn't take it that way. I took him to be referring to the few players and coaches that have never before experienced an NFL regular season win. He was happy they finally did. Nothing to take issue with as I see it.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:58 AM   #130
MTK
\m/

Quote:

I think Jay was well liked in the locker room and I don’t think there’s much if any ill will there by either side honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #131
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

That's Jay, Toothless!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:45 AM   #132
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Why would he go on that idiot Dan Lebatard's show? He is one of the clowns that won't say Redskins, he calls them the Washington Racial Slurs, screw him.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:32 PM   #133
MTK
\m/

Jay wasn't a great HC that's for sure, but he was just one small symptom of a much bigger overall problem.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:27 PM   #134
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

I think he held back pretty well. Took the high road. I would be screaming to the high heavens about what a couple of morons are running the show and how it is a terrible culture and organization.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:23 AM   #135
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I think he held back pretty well. Took the high road. I would be screaming to the high heavens about what a couple of morons are running the show and how it is a terrible culture and organization.
Sure that would be tempting but if he wants another job in the league it's best to just move on.