Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-14-2021, 09:41 AM   #46
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Week 2 - the Rebound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Scott Turner needs to do a better job. I was a little underwhelmed
I think this is a prove it year for him. RR said he doesnt want a long rebuild. 2 years of a bottom 5-10 offense ...
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-14-2021, 09:44 AM   #47
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Week 2 - the Rebound

Didn’t like the Moses thing. Most people on this board thought for some reason it was a good thing. Have been worried about this o line for months. It is a huuuuuge problem. Another huuuuuge problem is Scott Turner.
Kicker.
Linebackers
Secondary
Not 100 percent on board with Rivera either but he is probably the best we can get to play for the Snyders.

It really feels like we make minor improvements every year and they never translate onto the field. I want to pin my hopes on a real quarterback but we do not have the pieces around him to move forward.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:04 AM   #48
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Didn’t like the Moses thing. Most people on this board thought for some reason it was a good thing. Have been worried about this o line for months. It is a huuuuuge problem. Another huuuuuge problem is Scott Turner.
Kicker.
Linebackers
Secondary
Not 100 percent on board with Rivera either but he is probably the best we can get to play for the Snyders.

It really feels like we make minor improvements every year and they never translate onto the field. I want to pin my hopes on a real quarterback but we do not have the pieces around him to move forward.
Part of the Moses thing is he was like only 8.5 mill. I mean you committed 18 to a guard. And then you got a discount on your left tackle…Leno is making like 5 mill.

Forcing cosmi was a substantial difference maker in the game Sunday. I’m being 100 percent honest, Lucas and Moses play at tackle in spite of bad defense…are chances of winning that game are much much higher.

It’s really something to watch as the season goes on

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:07 AM   #49
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Kicker.
Linebackers
Secondary

Agree

At this point just buy into the Watson trade and start building around him, he is 25 even if they suspend him a year he has tons of playing time left.Use his year off to find more pieces.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:07 AM   #50
MTK
\m/

I think the Moses thing had more to do with a locker room/culture thing more than anything.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:12 AM   #51
calia
Playmaker

It’s possible to scheme around other deficits - but a bad O line = doom and that’s my big fear right now. The Chargers D is legit, so we will see how things go with a lesser D this week, but the early signs aren’t encouraging. In terms of coaching, it almost felt like we took for granted that our D would be stifling and therefore the offense just needed to be good enough. Neither held true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2021, 10:14 AM   #52
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I think the Moses thing had more to do with a locker room/culture thing more than anything.

That’s strange to me. He went from Bruce’s “damn good” (not) culture to Rivera - I’d have thought that the latter would be a massive upgrade to the former. But I don’t disagree based on the reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2021, 10:16 AM   #53
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Kicker.
Linebackers
Secondary

I understood the Moses decision in the moment, but it sure doesn't look good right now...
With how bad our secondary looked, cutting Moreland doesn't seem that smart either.
Won't even mention LB, I'd be spamming at that point...
Old 09-14-2021, 10:24 AM   #54
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
He's huge downgrade. Fitz has is 16 year career in the NFL, I'm not saying he's spectacular but he has to be doing something right to have been around this long. Like a lot of fringe NFL QB's, Heinicke can come in and play a few good games but over the course of 17 games (assuming he doesn't get hurt) people will see why he was taking math class instead of playing professional football somewhere.
I liked the Fitzpatrick signing in the offseason, and he's coming off 2 really good seasons. But the point can also be made that there's a reason the 8 previous teams let him walk...
He didn't look very impressive before the injury. I know he's not the same type of player, but that felt like Alex Smith all over again, guy you can have reasonably high expectations on, comes here and under performs.

We all know Heinickeee's issue is health. But with every little opportunity we saw of him he was making plays.
The point can be made that talent was never the issue, and that if he can stay healthy he could be a starting NFL QB (I'm aware that's a big if... but don't tell me you weren't excited watching that WC game, and don't tell me you didn't feel the spark in the offense when he came in on Sunday).
Anyway, he's the best we got now, let's give the kid a shot before we wright him off.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:24 AM   #55
SunnySide
Playmaker

Jackson played well, showed he is a physical corner who can stick with guys 1 on 1.

Curl looked good.

McCain looked good. Like a Curl clone.

St Juste was targeted and he allowed catches but he was right there.

Didnt notice Collins, Everret (did he dress?), no idea why a McTyer got some much playing time.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:55 AM   #56
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Jackson played well, showed he is a physical corner who can stick with guys 1 on 1.

Curl looked good.

McCain looked good. Like a Curl clone.

St Juste was targeted and he allowed catches but he was right there.

Didnt notice Collins, Everret (did he dress?), no idea why a McTyer got some much playing time.
Jackson made some nice plays but he also let WRs get more YAC by not wrapping them up when attempting to tackle. Jackson needs to improve in the tackling area.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:58 AM   #57
SunnySide
Playmaker

Bridgewater went 28/36 for 264 yds, 2 tds no ints

Daniel Jones went 22/37 for 267, 1 td 0 ints. sacked twice

Most surprising thing is Giants ran the ball 20 times for 60 yards. Sterling Sheppard balled catching 7, 113 yds and 1 td.

Von Miller had 2 sacks, 3 tfl and 2 qb hits.

Evan Engram missed the game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401326320
Old 09-14-2021, 11:20 AM   #58
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I liked the Fitzpatrick signing in the offseason, and he's coming off 2 really good seasons. But the point can also be made that there's a reason the 8 previous teams let him walk...
He didn't look very impressive before the injury. I know he's not the same type of player, but that felt like Alex Smith all over again, guy you can have reasonably high expectations on, comes here and under performs.

We all know Heinickeee's issue is health. But with every little opportunity we saw of him he was making plays.
The point can be made that talent was never the issue, and that if he can stay healthy he could be a starting NFL QB (I'm aware that's a big if... but don't tell me you weren't excited watching that WC game, and don't tell me you didn't feel the spark in the offense when he came in on Sunday).
Anyway, he's the best we got now, let's give the kid a shot before we wright him off.
Well he was impressive enough to play 16 years in the NFL. With the way QBs come and go it says a lot that he was able to stick around for 16 years.

I would say talent was the issue in addition to his health. He wasn't a starter on his XFL team but maybe his XFL team was loaded at QB. I did feel a spark watching him but a spark is just that, a spark. They shine bright for a few seconds but in the long run they fizzle out.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:21 PM   #59
rocnrik
Playmaker

The issue with Watson on this team is … with all the other stuff that has gone on with the cheerleader scandals etc .. gonna be hard to bring in Watson without a huge uproar ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:40 PM   #60
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Jackson made some nice plays but he also let WRs get more YAC by not wrapping them up when attempting to tackle. Jackson needs to improve in the tackling area.
I've only seen the highlights thus far, but my two big takeaways from what I saw were 1) too much cushion in the secondary and 2) really poor tackling. I'm curious if anyone has stats on their yards gained after contact?
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote