F 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2018, 11:49 PM   #16
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
From what I gather, I think 5 teams failed James knee and we were one of those five teams. Besides, this game is won on the front line. A good safety isn't going to be what we need to stop the run consistently.

...and a good run stopping d lineman isn’t going to stop the pass consistently. We lost two of our 3 best past defenders in the offseason and haven’t really done much to replace them. Unless James has some catastrophic issue injury, i personally believe our defense as a whole would have been better off with James or Edmunds. It’s a passing league, after all. I’m not really complaining - i think we had An extremely good draft. Just think it could have been a little bit better.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-30-2018, 12:35 AM   #17
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

The move down in the 2nd was serious business. A for that alone. But I like the need-based drafting. Also, I still am a bit shocked when they don't just shit the bed! Post-Vinnie trauma syndrome...
Old 04-30-2018, 04:35 AM   #18
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I'm giving the Skins a fucking A. It's been a while since I could say we hit it out the park but that's exactly what this FO did this draft. That was marvelous trading down in the 2nd to pick a guy up that many fans wanted at the #15 spot. It was great value and a hell of a ballsy move. We also added that extra third rounder we lost in the Alex Smith trade so it's like we got Alex Smith for free. Loved our 1st pick in Dayne and by far something we needed desparately. More OL in the 3rd was just gravy and hopefully they can fill that LG spot for a while.
Well, losing Fuller wasn't exactly for free, but I'm with you, that was a great move.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:39 AM   #19
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
...and a good run stopping d lineman isn’t going to stop the pass consistently. We lost two of our 3 best past defenders in the offseason and haven’t really done much to replace them. Unless James has some catastrophic issue injury, i personally believe our defense as a whole would have been better off with James or Edmunds. It’s a passing league, after all. I’m not really complaining - i think we had An extremely good draft. Just think it could have been a little bit better.
But having a big body pushing the pocket back can help our others big guys and our pass rushers get there.
Like Kerrigan often gets outside and down the field a little too much, but if you have Allen, Payne and Ioannidis just moving their guys 4 yards back and forcing the QB move, it can turn into a sack or a stripped ball.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:02 AM   #20
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
That's pretty much the way I see it. We had a very strong draft. Needs were addressed. We did more for our ST than we've done in forever. We got back a third round pick and still got Guice. The movement around the draft board was masterful. Yet, we didn't get a player with All-Pro potential when we passed on James, so I had to drop the grade a little. Still, the Skins did a fine job drafting.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:39 AM   #21
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'll say a solid B for now, hopefully turns into an A this season. Guice is a star in the making, Payne I see as a solid starter too. The rest are ? guys. Settle could be the steal of this draft
Old 04-30-2018, 08:59 AM   #22
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
On the draft cast podcast from 980 am, Morgan Moses was being interviewed by Fred Smoot and Clinton Portis. Moses said he fully expected Ty Nseke to get a lot of work at guard in camp.

He went on to say, Ty couldn't be expected to make the move to guard in season, from a Friday to a Sunday, but gave the impression he would be trying the position in the off season.

I think this is the first person with any credibility say Ty was going to be tried at guard.
IDK how I feel about that. Ty seems like a pure tackle to me. Left guard and maybe center is still a major issue. I don't think I've ever seen more runs on first down and our backs were getting hit right after the handoff. We must have lead the league in 2nd and 10 or worse after a 1st down run.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:07 AM   #23
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think Ty could be a good fill in guy for a yr, I mean he can't be any worse can he?
Old 04-30-2018, 09:08 AM   #24
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Ditto.

Not many 6'8" guards who perform at a high level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
IDK how I feel about that. Ty seems like a pure tackle to me. Left guard and maybe center is still a major issue. I don't think I've ever seen more runs on first down and our backs were getting hit right after the handoff. We must have lead the league in 2nd and 10 or worse after a 1st down run.
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2018, 09:10 AM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Second this.

Look, its nearly impossible to get everything you need in the draft. Looks like interior Oline just wasn't there and we went with our board.

I don't like the Apke pick, BUT I didn't like the Monte Nicholson pick last year either. So I was wrong there...hopefully im wrong here.

If the plan is Nsekhe now...then go for it...but Im ACTIVELY looked for Interior Oline help. Post June 1st cuts...also Im looking...Hopefully there is some cuts post draft based on guys drafted who could replace others on their teams.

Also, AND I HATE THIS...but Im calling Luavo and discussing him coming into compete for a roster spot.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:11 AM   #26
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

B+/A-. Was so pumped at the value we got at each pick. The PSU guy was the only head scratcher to me.

I'm also REALLY amped at our UDFAs. Some of these people were projected as 3rd/4th round picks.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:13 AM   #27
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Second this.

Look, its nearly impossible to get everything you need in the draft. Looks like interior Oline just wasn't there and we went with our board.

I don't like the Apke pick, BUT I didn't like the Monte Nicholson pick last year either. So I was wrong there...hopefully im wrong here.

If the plan is Nsekhe now...then go for it...but Im ACTIVELY looked for Interior Oline help. Post June 1st cuts...also Im looking...Hopefully there is some cuts post draft based on guys drafted who could replace others on their teams.

Also, AND I HATE THIS...but Im calling Luavo and discussing him coming into compete for a roster spot.

You can't have it all in one draft, they knew the DL was the biggest weak point of the team and they addressed it big time, LG is a huge ? for us but lets hope TY can step in and do a good job for a yr
Old 04-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #28
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Don't know if this was posted yet but here are the UDFA Pick ups
RB Martez Carter, WR Simmie Cobbs, DL Davon Durant, TE Matt Flanagan, WR Micah Holder, OL Timon Parris, WR De'Mornay Pierson-El, FB Elijah Wellman
Old 04-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #29
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
You can't have it all in one draft, they knew the DL was the biggest weak point of the team and they addressed it big time, LG is a huge ? for us but lets hope TY can step in and do a good job for a yr
naw, fuck hope. We need to be active here...your cant tell me Nsekhe and second year player Roullier will be fine and nothing to see here.

wrong.

We need to be looking and getting plans together to handle obvious depth issues here as well as starters.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:22 AM   #30
MTK
\m/

Is it crazy to think Kouandjio is ready to step in? I like the sound of this Welsh kid from Iowa

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/sean-w...ngton-redskins