Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Guice out for season

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: What should the Redskins do to address the RB position now that Guice is done for the season?
Nothing, next man up 17 44.74%
Sign a free agent off the street 10 26.32%
Make a trade 7 18.42%
Get ready for next season 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2018, 08:18 PM   #76
MTK
\m/

Re: Guice out for season

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
I don't have any faith in a front office that thought that Matt Jones or Samaje Perine was the answer at RB, yet passed on a talent like Kareem Hunt when he was there for the taking in Round 3 last year.

Plenty of teams passed over Hunt

Advertisements
Old 08-10-2018, 09:06 PM   #77
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

We went from having possibly the next CP to having a huge? Again at RB. Also Guice has had injury issues before, so who knows if he will ever be that guy. There is definitely a dark cloud over the Redskins organization. There is just nothing else to say otherwise. We never have a healthy team

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2018, 09:07 PM   #78
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
We can't catch a god damn break. Snyder has cursed us.
Yep

Old 08-10-2018, 09:09 PM   #79
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Those saying trades won’t help, the Eagles got Jay Ajayi for a song (4th rounder in this past draft) in the middle of last season. Don’t dismiss the possibility. If Bruce and Gruden throw up their hands and just say next man up without at least exploring the opportunities we’d all have a right to call for some heads.

That Ajayi trade is one of the reasons Roseman won executive of the year. Does this team want to be great or not? Find a way.
Like I said I'd call right now to Cleveland and offer a 3 for Duke Johnson or Carlos Hyde . They have Nick Chubb and one of the other 2 . They don't need all 3. Someone om twitter mentioned Abdullah from Detroit as well

Old 08-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #80
skinsfan69
Living Legend

So here I am on a biz trip, sitting down to drink a beer and eat a steak, pull up some NFL news and saw this shit. Almost dropped my fucking phone. I just feel so bad for Guice. He is seriously such a good dude. The kind of guy that you just get attached to and this crap happens before his season starts. I just feel terrible right now.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:07 PM   #81
skinsfan69
Living Legend

On the flip side screw making any trades or bringing in guys off the street. Hopefully we are not that orgaization anymore where we do knee jerk shit like Gibbs did with TJ Duckett. I seriously think Bibbs and Marshall are better backs than Perine and Kelly. Let's just roll with these guys and suck this one up. But this fucking hurts.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:12 PM   #82
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I don't have any faith in a front office that thought that Matt Jones or Samaje Perine was the answer at RB, yet passed on a talent like Kareem Hunt when he was there for the taking in Round 3 last year.
Jones was a SM pick and he is gone. Perine is a 4th rounder. Please name me one front office that nails all their picks? Perine in the 4th based off his production was a good pick.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:12 AM   #83
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
I'm beginning to think that we are cursed by the football gods because of our team name.

That thought has occurred to me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2018, 05:50 AM   #84
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
So here I am on a biz trip, sitting down to drink a beer and eat a steak, pull up some NFL news and saw this shit. Almost dropped my fucking phone. I just feel so bad for Guice. He is seriously such a good dude. The kind of guy that you just get attached to and this crap happens before his season starts. I just feel terrible right now.
Before I even read the rest of the paragragh, what the fuck made you think you think could enjoy a steak as a Skins fan?

All jokes aside, I read nothing but great things about Guice. Its just so shitty and its not even my knee. I feel bad for Guice. Hopefully he can keep that great attitude while he recovers.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:46 AM   #85
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Like I said I'd call right now to Cleveland and offer a 3 for Duke Johnson or Carlos Hyde . They have Nick Chubb and one of the other 2 . They don't need all 3. Someone om twitter mentioned Abdullah from Detroit as well

I think we definitely need to add help at RB.

I was hoping we would sign Hyde as a FA. I think he would be better able to hold up as a lead back than Johnson but I like both of them. I'd trade for Chubb, too, but it is very unlikely that Cleveland would do that.

But why wouldn't they keep all three? That would be a nice group.

As for FA's, I'd consider DeMarco Murray or Orleans Darkwa.

Last edited by KI Skins Fan; 08-11-2018 at 08:11 AM.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:07 AM   #86
Defensewins
Playmaker

A decent RB will becomes available in late cuts or could be dealt for but probably not at the Guice talent level. Yes the Guice injury stings, but this is football.
I do not like the artificial turf. It is too grippy and unforgiving. I would rather slip and fall more than have a season ending injury.
I am more worried about our O-line debth than our RB issues. If we lose a starter on O-line which we will, we are in big trouble. Our second string line looked awful. The worst I have ever seen on our team. Offense starts with O-line and QB.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:51 AM   #87
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Going out and making a trade right now is a total Vinny move that smells of desperation.

We would always get fleeced in this situation. We are not on the cusp of contending for a Super Bowl.

Look for value, stay the course, stock draft picks, don't make stupid deals with the competition from a position of weakness.

RB can be a game changer (see Zeke) but we shouldn't offer the farm for a player at a position with the shortest productive career span.

Unpopular, I know, but I agree with waiting for cuts and looking for value.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2018, 09:58 AM   #88
MTK
\m/

I'd rather just go with the next man up. Before the injuries set in last year we rolled up the Rams for over 200 yards with Kelley, Perine, and Thompson. So it's not like this bunch isn't capable of producing. I really like Marshall and Bibbs too. It really sucks to lose a stud like Guice but I think we've got enough as a committee approach.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:58 AM   #89
skinsfan69
Living Legend

There's no need to make a trade. None what so ever. Whenever I see Marshall out there he does good things. Why wouldn't he get a increased role?
Old 08-11-2018, 10:01 AM   #90
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Going out and making a trade right now is a total Vinny move that smells of desperation.

We would always get fleeced in this situation. We are not on the cusp of contending for a Super Bowl.

Look for value, stay the course, stock draft picks, don't make stupid deals with the competition from a position of weakness.

RB can be a game changer (see Zeke) but we shouldn't offer the farm for a player at a position with the shortest productive career span.

Unpopular, I know, but I agree with waiting for cuts and looking for value.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I don't think we are that organization anymore. Look how the Ravens picked up Alex Collins last year. Cut from Seattle and turns into a 1,000 rusher.