Our Cap Dudes: Still Brilliant

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #31
diehard
The Starter

Re: Our Cap Dudes: Still Brilliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
You wanna be baffled check out how much L. Coles has been paid over the course of his career.
Please don't bring him up.
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #32
SBXVII
Franchise Player

We have holes all over the board. I guess they would know best how to fill those holes. I'd still prefer one of the more top ranked QB's vs. settling for a piece of work and hoping he developes within a year, but I do have concerns about our NT's injuries and will he be ready to start or even if he is will he be able to hold up. Then there is the issue of rotation. He's going to want to be relieved once and a while.

My concerns in order are:

QB
OL
NT
LB
NT

and what ever else we need. You could almost interchange the LB and NT spot depending on depth in the draft.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #33
rbanerjee23
The Starter

The removal of Vinny Cerrato was bound to pay dividends...the smarter handling of the cap is just one of the advantages

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #34
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I'm assuming because of his 40 time? I agree that #4 would be too high. Especially with the other talent that will be available.
No, I'm not too worried about the 40 time really. Just don't know if he's #4 worthy
Old 03-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #35
diehard
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
We have holes all over the board. I guess they would know best how to fill those holes. I'd still prefer one of the more top ranked QB's vs. settling for a piece of work and hoping he developes within a year, but I do have concerns about our NT's injuries and will he be ready to start or even if he is will he be able to hold up. Then there is the issue of rotation. He's going to want to be relieved once and a while.

QB
OL
NT
LB
NT

and what ever else we need. You could almost interchange the LB and NT spot depending on depth in the draft.
QB, really? Imagine if Sanchez played behind the 'Skins OL last year...
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #36
2BIG2BSKINNY
Special Teams

When I read this article I feel even better about our new GM. We will slowly turn the corner on being a contender again...it will take some time.
2BIG2BSKINNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #37
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Also, Vinny deserves a lot of credit for structuring the contracts, particularly Haynesworth's, so this was even possible. If he had just given a lump sum signing bonus, it's all paid and there's nothing we can do.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #38
MTK
\m/

I wasn't aware Vinny had anything to do with contracts honestly
Old 03-23-2010, 03:54 PM   #39
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Hater

Good question. I know OT is a need but I wouldn't really reach for Williams, Bulaga, or Brown. Which I think we would be doing if we took any of them at 4 (though my own mock still has us taking TW at 4). I'm all for BPA in the first round, but within reason. Within reason meaning I wouldn't, for example, take Eric Berry unless Landry is gone. So I guess the same philosophy would apply then to Suh and McCoy.

So I guess I'd say...Rolando McLain? No, probably not even him at #4

Tough question
very tough indeed. i think Suh is the best player in the draft. With or without Haynesworth he would fill a need - just not one of the top 3 most pressing needs we have at the moment (LT, RT, and QB) - so i would still have reservations about taking him. Okung, Bradford, or Clausen could hypothetically fill one of those top three needs (if shanahan was sold on clausen or bradford of course). while I dont like Bradford or Clausen all that much, i could eventually understand the picks, because of the importance of the position. okung is definitely the best tackle in the draft. however, as many here have stated - there's not that huge of a drop-off between him and the next group of tackles in the draft.

essentially, there really isnt anyone i would feel 100% good about taking at #4. but theres about a dozen guys i'd be perfectly happy taking at different places between 8 and 25. basically, trading down is - by far - the most attractive option for me at this point. if we could trade down somewhere between 8 and 25 and pick up a 2nd round pick in 2010 or even a 1st rounder in 2011, i'd be thrilled and not for a second regret passing up any bradford, okung, clausen, mccoy or suh.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:15 PM   #40
BlindReckoning
Camp Scrub

I think Eric Schaffer is probably the best in the business. He is so good at his job I have to think he shares the blame for all these years of Snyder bringing in over priced hasbeens. With out him Snyder couldn't have kept doing it. Having said that he is the real MVP of this organization. Got to hold on to him!
BlindReckoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #41
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

What is our cap number set to be for next year. Or more specifically how much cap space are we looking at? I keep seeing numbers like 140 million and considering how the last cap was around 127 million I can only assume that a good amount of that is dead money.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #42
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post

QB
OL
NT
LB
NT

Please explain -- So if we draft a QB at #4 he won't be a work in progress. That to me makes no sense a QB will take the most amount of work IMO. We have bigger needs OL, OL, LB, LB just to name a few we only have 5 picks.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:44 PM   #43
The Goat
Pro Bowl

I'm no cap guru...I understand it's importance but ultimately the Skins "creativity" doesn't impress me in the least when compared to say the Iggles, constantly WAY under the cap and consistently a playoff team.

Soooo as to the renegotiated deals...meh.

The prospect of Suh being there at 4 is mildly entertaining when you assume Okung is already off the board. Can he play LDE in the 3-4? I ask because as best I can tell Daniels is the only guy we've got slated to hold that spot. Jarmon and Zoe are trimming down and probably not really well suited to hold the position anyway. So yeah Sue could fill a need. My gut however is the first 3 picks are Bradford, Okung, Suh in that order and we'll face a tough dilemma.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #44
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I'm no cap guru...I understand it's importance but ultimately the Skins "creativity" doesn't impress me in the least when compared to say the Iggles, constantly WAY under the cap and consistently a playoff team.

Soooo as to the renegotiated deals...meh.

The prospect of Suh being there at 4 is mildly entertaining when you assume Okung is already off the board. Can he play LDE in the 3-4? I ask because as best I can tell Daniels is the only guy we've got slated to hold that spot. Jarmon and Zoe are trimming down and probably not really well suited to hold the position anyway. So yeah Sue could fill a need. My gut however is the first 3 picks are Bradford, Okung, Suh in that order and we'll face a tough dilemma.
Let's not credit the Iggles w/"creativity" though. Rather, it's having a sound biz plan & sticking to it. They haven't had to restructure & juggle contracts because they haven't gotten themselves into a mess that forces them to like the skins.

I think Suh is the best player in this draft. If he's there at 4 it would be hard to pass him up IMO, but it looks like Haslett & Shanny are set on going 3-4. I would rather see us get Suh & then really mix up the defense, going 4-3 w/AH & Suh at DT, then 3-4 w/both of them at DE, Rak at OLB. There are ways to get both of those guys in, whether playing 3-4 or 4-3, but I don't know how practical that is from a coaching standpoint.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #45
MTK
\m/

Today is the day the Skins cut big Al a check for $21M

Redskins Insider - Albert Haynesworth's $21 million option bonus to be paid today

In other words, just another reminder of how much your life sucks.