Pourin' Some Kool-Aid for My Homeys, Redskins Will Beat Dallas

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #61
Campbell17
Impact Rookie

Re: Pourin' Some Kool-Aid for My Homeys, Redskins Will Beat Dallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Dallas is now a must win. The season is on the line, we need this more. The Skins will win, lock it up.

I'll offer up a bet for someone too. If we lose I will take a one week off from posting on the site, other than news articles. And if we win whoever takes my bet has to take a week off.
the skins lose games they should win and win ones they should lose.

Advertisements
Old 11-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #62
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I think we'll be lucky to be within 10 points of the boys,I would gladly take that bet and not post for a month! if the skins beat the cowboys,but I'm not going to take it because us getting our asses kicked by the cowboys is not something I would want to gloat about.
How about if we take a collection for you not to post for a year!
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:03 PM   #63
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Anyone here that thinks we're likely to win this game is either sarcastic, or retarded. I think a distinction needs to be made between "support", and "view". You can view your team as it is, and make predictions based upon that. This thread is about "support".

This is a sport wholly based in entertainment. You're routing for a team. Your cheering something on. There is this cause, this idea that you're a part of something along with your town/friends/family etc. That's what makes the NFL so exciting.

Fans have this exciting world of possibilities, of emotions, and of meaning. All in all, it is what it is; entertainment. But, for a second, zoom out and ask yourself why your a fan, and what being a fan means to you. This isn't a prediction thread. This is a thread devoted to supporting a common interest. We all will watch Sunday because we know that there is a chance that we can win.

If you thought that there was no chance, than why would you even watch? It would be pointless. This team is still driving for a the playoffs, and once again... the road looks tough. But this is what's so entertaining about the Redskins. Only two years ago we were faced with similar trials and tribulations and we succeeded. We won 5 and a row, and everyone went insane.

This is the thread to be a homer. This is the thread to throw all reason and logic out the window and just simply get your rally caps on and be a fan. If you can't do that, than where's the entertainment. What about this sport at all is exciting? Your missing out on the best part of watching football. This unpredictability, the chaotic nature of the beast.

This is a fan site... so let's start getting pumped up for the biggest week in Redskins football. It's Dallas week, if you can't get psyched up for this, than leave this thread alone.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:09 PM   #64
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
This is a fan site... so let's start getting pumped up for the biggest week in Redskins football. It's Dallas week, if you can't get psyched up for this, than leave this thread alone.
I don't expect to win this game, in fact I think we'll lose by at least 14 points. But, I really wanted to see Taylor intimidate Owens. Now that has been taken away from me.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #65
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I don't expect to win this game, in fact I think we'll lose by at least 14 points. But, I really wanted to see Taylor intimidate Owens. Now that has been taken away from me.
Honestly, Taylor going down was tragic... I really think I cried a little on the inside.

I'm looking to see Landry intimidate Romo. Start putting him on the ground, and the man starts throwing INT's.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:55 PM   #66
GiantsSuck703

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
RIDICULOUS. RIDICULOUS. RIDICULOUS

How hard is it to spell that word?
"Douche Bag"

Did i spell it better for you this time
GiantsSuck703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #67
GiantsSuck703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell17 View Post
the skins lose games they should win and win ones they should lose.
what game did we win that we should have lost, we have beat the Cardinals,Jets,Lions,Dolphins and Eagles. There isnt a superior team in the bunch.
GiantsSuck703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:07 PM   #68
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
"Douche Bag"

Did i spell it better for you this time
You're done. See ya
Old 11-12-2007, 06:11 PM   #69
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
what game did we win that we should have lost, we have beat the Cardinals,Jets,Lions,Dolphins and Eagles. There isnt a superior team in the bunch.
Good teams beat the teams that they are supposed to beat. Also, the Lions are 6-3. If we are as shitty as you think we are, how did we absolutely demolish a 6-3 team?

BTW, should we change your screen name to RedskinsSuck703? After all that seems to be your whole schtick.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:19 PM   #70
Smooter
Impact Rookie

Ok you guys are getting me psyched up about this game. If we win I'll upgrade my membership to show my dedication to the forum and the team.
Smooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #71
Lady Brave
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
Anyone here that thinks we're likely to win this game is either sarcastic, or retarded. I think a distinction needs to be made between "support", and "view". You can view your team as it is, and make predictions based upon that. This thread is about "support".

This is a sport wholly based in entertainment. You're routing for a team. Your cheering something on. There is this cause, this idea that you're a part of something along with your town/friends/family etc. That's what makes the NFL so exciting.

Fans have this exciting world of possibilities, of emotions, and of meaning. All in all, it is what it is; entertainment. But, for a second, zoom out and ask yourself why your a fan, and what being a fan means to you. This isn't a prediction thread. This is a thread devoted to supporting a common interest. We all will watch Sunday because we know that there is a chance that we can win.

If you thought that there was no chance, than why would you even watch? It would be pointless. This team is still driving for a the playoffs, and once again... the road looks tough. But this is what's so entertaining about the Redskins. Only two years ago we were faced with similar trials and tribulations and we succeeded. We won 5 and a row, and everyone went insane.

This is the thread to be a homer. This is the thread to throw all reason and logic out the window and just simply get your rally caps on and be a fan. If you can't do that, than where's the entertainment. What about this sport at all is exciting? Your missing out on the best part of watching football. This unpredictability, the chaotic nature of the beast.

Very well put Rob.

I personally think people don't know how to be fans anymore. The season is only so long, so I can't understand why people want to spend all the time and energy they do bitching about things they can't control.

Ultimately, my life's happiness is not determined by how well the Skins play week to week and I guess I look at the game experience in simpler terms. I enjoy putting on my jersey and sporting the team colors. I enjoy feeling like I'm apart of a franchise that has a such a long and rich history. I take a lot of pride in that. I enjoy discussing the upcoming games and sharing experiences with my fellow fans. I do take the losses pretty hard and I get frustrated at times, but it would be nice if we as a fanbase would do more to rally around the team instead of constantly tearing them down. I don't see the point really.

I've watched this team for 25 years. They can take you to the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. For me, that's what makes them exciting and so much fun to watch.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:53 PM   #72
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Will we? who knows really. Any given Sunday. But yesterday was so frustrating; there were so many positives we can take from the game (running game is back, the passing game can succeed without Moss, Campbell's growth) but in the end we came out with an L. It sucks, of course it sucks, no fan enjoys losing.

But what's even more frustrating is that it seems we can't even come onto this site, a REDSKINS FAN SITE, to boost our spirits and rally around our team. Instead, we have the usual "Joe must go" "This team is heading in the wrong direction" thread. Sad part is we even get those after wins. You'd think we'd never won a game ever the way some people talk.

So, call me crazy, call this thread 'retarded' all you want, but it's high time we got some more positive vibes going here. Of course, I know there will be those "I'm just being a realist" responses. But the reality is that we're 5-4 and plenty of teams around the NFL are in worse shape than us. And there is a lot to feel good about 9 games into the season. That so few people see that on a Redskins fan site is a shame.

Call it bold, call it stupid. But I'm saying right here right now that the Redskins will be 6-4 after next Sunday. Someone has to think positive, it might as well be me. If we lose, I'll use the infamous Parrot avatar for two weeks. If we win, I'm banning 10 of you for two weeks

I'm about to do a Kool-Aid keg stand, who's with me?

Smooty you goof, we just lost ST for two weeks. You think Romo is going to blow it in Dallas? Kool Aid my ass!!!!!!!! You must be smokin some high powered crack from the streets of DC!!!!!!! Crazy man, just crazy!!!!!! If we pull it off somehow it will be the greatest upset in the history of what is left of this rivalry. Dallas is going to score 35 points on us without ST though, so if you think we are going to win JC better throw 6 TDs.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:03 PM   #73
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Good teams beat the teams that they are supposed to beat. Also, the Lions are 6-3. If we are as shitty as you think we are, how did we absolutely demolish a 6-3 team?

BTW, should we change your screen name to RedskinsSuck703? After all that seems to be your whole schtick.

Lions are about to slide a bit Sheriff. NY and GB are going to beat the shit out of them, then I believe they get Dallas next after that. NEVER use the Lions as a gage of a good team. They have teased us up here in Detroit for years only to blow it somehow along the way. To be honest, the NFL is in a sorry ass state now with only literally a few teams playing anything resembling decent football(GB, Dallas,NE, and INdy) The rest of the squads are a lot like us with injuries or schmucks not performing. IF we do beat Dallas this year, it will be in Fedex with the Boys resting Romo, TO, and the gang getting ready for the playoffs. It sucks rocks, but that is what it looks like. We just are in a sorry ass state as of now as a team. We seem to lose a starter every week now.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:06 PM   #74
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Lions are about to slide a bit Sheriff. NY and GB are going to beat the shit out of them, then I believe they get Dallas next after that. NEVER use the Lions as a gage of a good team. They have teased us up here in Detroit for years only to blow it somehow along the way. To be honest, the NFL is in a sorry ass state now with only literally a few teams playing anything resembling decent football(GB, Dallas,NE, and INdy) The rest of the squads are a lot like us with injuries or schmucks not performing. IF we do beat Dallas this year, it will be in Fedex with the Boys resting Romo, TO, and the gang getting ready for the playoffs. It sucks rocks, but that is what it looks like. We just are in a sorry ass state as of now as a team. We seem to lose a starter every week now.

Geez man...I hope you don't own a gun.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:11 PM   #75
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
True enough, but the Redskins' losses to the Giants, Eagles, and Packers have all been respectable (if there is such a thing with regard to losses). In fact, we were leading all 3 teams at the half and looking pretty dominant (not Patriots' dominant, but dominant nonetheless). Now good teams put opponents to bed and hold onto leads, but bad teams don't beat up on good teams during the first or second half of games.