Hall of Fame Inductions - #81

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-05-2005, 10:46 PM   #16
monk81
The Starter

Re: Hall of Fame Inductions - #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsNDeacs
Just to let you guys know I have passed this link on to the Wake Forest Message board.
Welcome to the board SkinsNDeacs..............

I'm a Redskin fan and Spurs fan.......I love your Wake Forest alumni Timmy Duncan HAIL TO THE REDSKINS AND GO SPURS GO!!!

Advertisements
Old 08-05-2005, 10:53 PM   #17
monk81
The Starter

On Pro-Football Weekly's back page, "THE SLANT" August VolXX No 6 issue, Executor Editor Dan Arkush was discussing the the Hall Of Fame and Raider Tim Brown and Dan Arkush said,........"Brown must wait in line behind Art Monk, Irvin and others.........he went on to say, "It's absolutely CRIMINAL, in my opinion that Monk has yet to be enshrined."

You Go Dan....... :thumb:
Old 08-06-2005, 03:46 AM   #18
Luxorreb
^21^

Signed petition.
It is quite ridiculous that he's not in there already, but maybe him and Darrell Green will be put in together by the year 2020. Monk didn't bitch, didn't call out his teammates, didn't hold out after signing a multi million dollar contract, didn't act ridiculous on the field. He was true class. It's a shame that Irvin will probably get in at all after all the bs he pulled, same with Deion.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:46 AM   #19
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
Yeah i think eventually art will get into the hall, but it'll probably be when im old and gray. I mean, Fritz Pollard just got voted into the hall this year, and he played in like 1920. He got into the hall like fifty years after he retired.
It will only be after someone bumps off King and Dr. Z. When it comes to HOF voting they are incredibly hypocritical. Production and long term service count for everyone BUT Monk.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #20
Twilbert07
Impact Rookie

I'm going to send the petition to the Redcskins Fan Club of Atlanta. Wehave about 50 members who watch the games each week at a Buckhead bar. Of course No. 81 for the Falcons (Peerless Price) makes a mockery of the WR position.

Brud, as for being dead or in prison, living in Atlanta and surrounded by Falcons fans (who are not true football fans in any way) is kind of like being in jail. They're all bandwagon fans (no offense to Tony Kornheiser) and know very little about pro football. They do, however, love the Dawgs.

What I wouldn't give to be watching Skins games at the Grand Slam with some cold beers, surrounded by people wearing burgundy and gold.
Twilbert07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:31 AM   #21
BrudLee
Playmaker

Tony-
Some faces from your distant past are down in Hotlanta. My younger sister married Lou Calabrese and they live in Grayson. They are Falcons season ticket holders now - apparently the tickets come with any $50 purchase at Home Depot. PM me if you want their contact info.

Brud
Old 08-09-2005, 08:01 AM   #22
Dana87
Special Teams

Art Monk Set the single season record for most receptions and retired as the all time leading receiver in the NFL. The impressive thing is that he accomplised that while playing in a run oriented offense and playing opposite a Pro Bowl WR for most of his career (Charley Brown, Gary Clark). It seems to me that he is being punished for not being selfish but being the consumate team player. I challenge all the sports writers who vote on Hall of Fame inductions to name 5 other receivers in the history of the league who was able to be as productive as Art Monk under the conditions in which he accomplished it.
Dana87 is offline   Reply With Quote