Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Josh Harris = New Owner!?

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2023, 12:51 PM   #46
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 51
Posts: 99,437
Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

I agree Jackson isn't coming here, but if they wanted to make it happen, a few restructures, a few cuts, some creative accounting, and it could happen. But I'm 99.999% sure it won't.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-22-2023, 01:04 PM   #47
Are Jay
Camp Scrub
 
Are Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 99
Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

Per Adam Schefter:

Canadian billionaire Steve Apostolopoulos has become the newest potential bidder to tour the Washington Commandersí stadium and training facility as he seeks to buy the franchise, league sources told @WindhorstESPN and me.
Are Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 01:38 PM   #48
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 41
Posts: 19,487
Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Are Jay View Post
Per Adam Schefter:

Canadian billionaire Steve Apostolopoulos has become the newest potential bidder to tour the Washington Commandersí stadium and training facility as he seeks to buy the franchise, league sources told @WindhorstESPN and me.
The more the merrier. That's what I'm talking aboot.

__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 01:52 PM   #49
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 22,221
Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I agree Jackson isn't coming here, but if they wanted to make it happen, a few restructures, a few cuts, some creative accounting, and it could happen. But I'm 99.999% sure it won't.
New Orleans has been making miracles with their cap for the past 10 years it seems. If a team wants to make it happen, they'll find a way.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 02:15 PM   #50
Schneed10
A Dude
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 44
Posts: 12,416
Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
New Orleans has been making miracles with their cap for the past 10 years it seems. If a team wants to make it happen, they'll find a way.
Ask the Rams how finding a way is going for them this year, or ask the Eagles what it's like to lose 9 contributing players this offseason.

Could it be worth it if you think he gets you over the hump? Sure, hell the Rams won a SB and the Eagles were just in one.

But they're the proof that it comes at a cost later on. You can borrow from future years when managing the cap, but you can't ignore it.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:54 PM   #51
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 62
Posts: 4,878
Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Ask the Rams how finding a way is going for them this year, or ask the Eagles what it's like to lose 9 contributing players this offseason.

Could it be worth it if you think he gets you over the hump? Sure, hell the Rams won a SB and the Eagles were just in one.

But they're the proof that it comes at a cost later on. You can borrow from future years when managing the cap, but you can't ignore it.
Yep,that's why its amazing the run New England had
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:27 PM   #52
Are Jay
Camp Scrub
 
Are Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 99
Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
The more the merrier. That's what I'm talking aboot.

Itís a shame how many fans donít realize that we won 3 Super Bowls under Canadian ownership.
Are Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 08:48 PM   #53
That Guy
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: VA
Age: 41
Posts: 17,511
Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

anyone who gets to a superbowl tends to lose a ton of free agents in the offseason. Just one of the curses of success. It doesn't have nothing to do with cap management, but I think the bigger thing is the good advertisement in "big games" tends to get people paid.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 09:44 PM   #54
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,474
Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

I think it's mostly cap management. That's why we talk about teams being "all in" for a certain year when they go on a spending frenzy like the Eagles did last year, and like the Rams did in their SB victory year. But you're not wrong IMO. Successful teams can't keep all their players...nature of the beast.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 11:29 PM   #55
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 22,221
Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Yep,that's why its amazing the run New England had
New England had the run that they had because Brady was always underpaid and never asked for a big contract. The Pats never had to worry about breaking the bank to pay and keep their franchise QB.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 11:44 PM   #56
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,474
Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

Yep. He wasn't interested in "resetting the market", which is what it's all about now. He just wanted Championships.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 02:59 AM   #57
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 58
Posts: 2,228
Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

And the Patriots built/rebuilt via the draft. They've rarely made any kind of headlines with big name/contract stars. Not to mention BB will move players on when he considers them to have hit their sell by date, for the most part avoiding big payouts at the end of contracts. Having said that, Brady sticking around on less money had helped continuity and since he left its arguably proven you need an elite level QB to sustain that kind of success. Mahomes has taken on that mantle, though i wonder how long before his contract is renegotiated to help their cap. Will he do a Brady and sacrifice money for success?
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 01:15 PM   #58
EdmundDorf
The Starter
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 1,919
Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

Charles Gasperino on Twitter retweeted by JP Finlay

SCOOP (1/2) People close to @Commanders owner Dan Snyder say he isnít opposed to @JeffBezos placing a bid in for team and they have communicated that to Bezosís people @FoxBusiness has learned from people w direct knowledge. These people say Snyderís animus to Bezos over coverage

Scoop (2/2) issues has been overblown. Bezos has yet to place a bid for the team and the sale if it happens will likely occur after next weeks owners meeting, I am told. Also overblown these people say: @NFL pressure on Snyder to sell. Itís his decision for a variety of reasons
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 01:42 PM   #59
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20,358
Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Charles Gasperino on Twitter retweeted by JP Finlay

SCOOP (1/2) People close to @Commanders owner Dan Snyder say he isnít opposed to @JeffBezos placing a bid in for team and they have communicated that to Bezosís people @FoxBusiness has learned from people w direct knowledge. These people say Snyderís animus to Bezos over coverage

Scoop (2/2) issues has been overblown. Bezos has yet to place a bid for the team and the sale if it happens will likely occur after next weeks owners meeting, I am told. Also overblown these people say: @NFL pressure on Snyder to sell. Itís his decision for a variety of reasons
Reddit seems convinced this guy is Snyder's mouthpiece, aka if he says it it must be true.

We'll see - if Snyder is desperate to get a better bid I would think that plays in Bezos' favor.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 01:46 PM   #60
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 22,221
Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Charles Gasperino on Twitter retweeted by JP Finlay

SCOOP (1/2) People close to @Commanders owner Dan Snyder say he isnít opposed to @JeffBezos placing a bid in for team and they have communicated that to Bezosís people @FoxBusiness has learned from people w direct knowledge. These people say Snyderís animus to Bezos over coverage

Scoop (2/2) issues has been overblown. Bezos has yet to place a bid for the team and the sale if it happens will likely occur after next weeks owners meeting, I am told. Also overblown these people say: @NFL pressure on Snyder to sell. Itís his decision for a variety of reasons
What's pressuring Dan to sell is the close to $1 billion dollar in debt that he has piled up.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.11995 seconds with 10 queries