Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

Fantasy Football

Old 07-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

Its that time folks. People across the country are starting to get their rankings and draft strategies together and are tuning into camps not only to follow their favorite team, but to follow camp battles at fantasy positions.

As I start to look around at the fantasy landscape, I easily find the biggest fantasy questions at one position, RB. This year more than in the past that I can remember has a ton of effing issues. As the league becomes more passing dominant, I still need to fill 2 starting RBs position on all five of my teams.

First, take a look at the solid RBs coming back from injuries: Fred Jackson, Jamal Charles, AP, Demarco Murry, Matt Forte, Rashard Mendenhall, McFadden, etc. Other RBs with major offseason surgery: Beanie Wells (again) and Mark Ingram. Another facing possible suspension: Marshawn Lynch.

Secondly, the trend continues to RBs to split carries or go to committee (Skins). Michael Turner and Steven Jackson are some guys who will get less touches this year as they get up in age. Still got alot of unproven guys who will get their chance to shine: Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, Isaac Redman...And others still get the full time gig and need to prove they can handle it: Ryan Matthews and Ahmad Bradshaw.

All these issues make the RB more valuable at draft time and getting it right will lead you to a championship. Whats your strategy for the RB position?

Who are your sleepers this year? Mines: Evan Royster, Isaiah Pead, CJ Spiller at RB WR: Kendal Wright, Sidney Rice QB:Matt Ryan

Who are your busts this year? Who your targeting in your draft?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

I'm debating in a keeper league to keep Adrian Peterson or P. Rivers.

Its killing me even though I'll probably wait till camps over to decide.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

I'm definitely targeting Trent Richardson and Donald Brown. I think Brown will do a lot better this year w a decent QB back there and Pagano as head coach. Mike Wallace and the Gronk killed it for me last year but I don't expect to get either of them for the steal I did last year/
Old 07-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
scowan
The Starter

I'm in a keeper league where we keep two guys and I will be keeping Ryan Mathews and Marshawn Lynch. I drafted them in the middle to late rounds last year and they came on strong at the end. Here is my question to you guys.... I have the 3rd pick and Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Calvin Johnson are non-keepers in my league (you can't keep last years 1st rounds and they were all first rounders) which guy would you pick, knowing my RB situation?
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
I'm in a keeper league where we keep two guys and I will be keeping Ryan Mathews and Marshawn Lynch. I drafted them in the middle to late rounds last year and they came on strong at the end. Here is my question to you guys.... I have the 3rd pick and Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Calvin Johnson are non-keepers in my league (you can't keep last years 1st rounds and they were all first rounders) which guy would you pick, knowing my RB situation?
You cant go wrong with either of those choices, but Id value WR over the QB position (unless you can start 2 QB in your league). Calvin Johnson would be my selection without thinking twice.

JG, Donald Brown...really? I dont know if he starts day 1 there.

He Gets Us
Old 07-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I'm in a keeper league (we get to keep two players) and I am going to have a bit of a hard time selecting my two keepers, because last season I had:

Drew Brees
Matthew Stafford
LeSean McCoy
Andre Johnson

I am thinking that McCoy is a must keeper...but I really don't know which other player to keep.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'm in a keeper league (we get to keep two players) and I am going to have a bit of a hard time selecting my two keepers, because last season I had:

Drew Brees
Matthew Stafford
LeSean McCoy
Andre Johnson

I am thinking that McCoy is a must keeper...but I really don't know which other player to keep.
McCoy, Brees. Im always skeptical of guys who have breakout years (Stafford)...can they do it again, or is that a peak? Johnson is getting older and injuries have been nagging lately, pass.

He Gets Us
Old 07-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
scowan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
You cant go wrong with either of those choices, but Id value WR over the QB position (unless you can start 2 QB in your league). Calvin Johnson would be my selection without thinking twice.

JG, Donald Brown...really? I dont know if he starts day 1 there.
Chico, actually Calvin Johnson was on my team last year. I was in a ten team league and picked 10th and he was my first round selection. We don't allow keeping 1st rounders from the year before so I had to throw him back in. If he falls to me, which he might, I'll probably be in a situation to have to wait on QBs (we only start 1) as Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Stafford will all be gone. I am really wondering about Peyton Manning and how high or low he might go. He could be a real steal in the middle to low rounds, if I get a quality backup as well.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

scowan

He Gets Us
Old 08-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
scowan
The Starter

I have a fantasy keeper question for all you Fantasy Football guys. I had Ryan Mathews last year and he can be a 7th round keeper for me this year in a 10 team standard non-ppr format. We start 2 RB, 2WR and 1 flex. Is he worth keeping for a 7th round pick? or is he done this year and too fragile.... discuss. One other option is to keep Ben Tate in the 13 round of a 15 round draft, and then pray Arian Foster, who is on another fantasy, team gets hurt.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #11
mredskins
MVP

I put the bottle down this year. First time since I was 12 I will not be playing any Fantasy Football. That is 27 year stretch of playing FF.

I can remember when I was teenager we had a 5 Star Notebook for each year that we kept the stats and teams in. You handed in your lineup Friday afternoon before school ended then Tuesday the Commish would use the USA Today newspaper and calculate everyone's score. You really had to love it back in those days; lots of work involved without the web.

Any ways good luck to everyone this year! Maybe I will be back next year.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I put the bottle down this year. First time since I was 12 I will not be playing any Fantasy Football. That is 27 year stretch of playing FF.

I can remember when I was teenager we had a 5 Star Notebook for each year that we kept the stats and teams in. You handed in your lineup Friday afternoon before school ended then Tuesday the Commish would use the USA Today newspaper and calculate everyone's score. You really had to love it back in those days; lots of work involved without the web.

Any ways good luck to everyone this year! Maybe I will be back next year.
I think I started playing in the mid 90s. Back then everything was over the phone. I remember being in a league where trades and free agent pick-ups were like a $1 each. I wasted so much money it wasn't even funny.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
I have a fantasy keeper question for all you Fantasy Football guys. I had Ryan Mathews last year and he can be a 7th round keeper for me this year in a 10 team standard non-ppr format. We start 2 RB, 2WR and 1 flex. Is he worth keeping for a 7th round pick? or is he done this year and too fragile.... discuss. One other option is to keep Ben Tate in the 13 round of a 15 round draft, and then pray Arian Foster, who is on another fantasy, team gets hurt.
7th round keeper? hell yeah. he is fragile but the value is for 7th round is too good to pass up imo. take him.

He Gets Us
Old 08-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #14
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

My team;
QBs: Matt Ryan (Keeper), Cutler
RBs: Ray Rice (Keeper), Doug Martin, Royster, Brandon Jacobs, Ronnie Hillman, David Wilson
WR: Brandon Marshall, Greg Jennings, Kendall Wright, Leonard Hankerson
TE: Martellus Bennett, Jacob Tamme
Defense: San Fran
K: Matt Bryant

My question is I have San frans defense week 1 and they play Green Bay week 1. Detroits defense is still available. Should I pick them up and drop Jacobs? Hillman? Royster?
Old 08-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #15
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I think I started playing in the mid 90s. Back then everything was over the phone. I remember being in a league where trades and free agent pick-ups were like a $1 each. I wasted so much money it wasn't even funny.
That is right too! LOL! yo ureally need to have a commish you trusted back then; it was way to easy to cheat.