Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #991
skinster
Impact Rookie

Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRedskinsFan View Post
Could've, would've should've. Nonsense. You play to win, not for a better place in the draft! We're trying to build a winner, and you don't do that by losing. Ever.
Despite the fact that I think I just told you how losing a few more games would help build us a winner...I could go on and on about how so many of the great teams today are only good because they lost and had good draft position.

Advertisements
Old 05-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #992
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
Despite the fact that I think I just told you how losing a few more games would help build us a winner...I could go on and on about how so many of the great teams today are only good because they lost and had good draft position.
The only thing you told me is that you think the Skins should have lost more games. I guess you also thought that we should have gone 1-15 to join the "suck for Luck" club...

Losing is for losers, and your pining for a better draft position changes nothing. Name a team that tanked games ON PURPOSE to improve their draft position.

HTTR
Old 05-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #993
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRedskinsFan View Post
The only thing you told me is that you think the Skins should have lost more games. I guess you also thought that we should have gone 1-15 to join the "suck for Luck" club...

Losing is for losers, and your pining for a better draft position changes nothing. Name a team that tanked games ON PURPOSE to improve their draft position.

HTTR
First of all, we were losers last season, winning or losing a couple of games more or less doesn't change that.

Second of all, nobody said that we should tank games.

Third of all, I said that we lost three studs by winning 3 COMPLETELY meaningless games. You really think two firsts and the 37 overall are worth us going 5-11 as opposed to 2-14?
Old 05-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #994
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Could have saved ourselves 2 first rounders and a high second by losing a few more games. I don't understand how you or anyone else can justify 3 wins in a completely meaningless season being worth three stud players. Maybe we should have made a deal with the devil and given offered Kerrigan, Orakpo, and Trent Williams as tribute to go 8-8 last year. Worth it?
I'm giving Picard a break in the offseason...

R.I.P. #21
Old 05-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #995
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Are people really sitting here discussing how the Skins should have lost more games last year??

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 05-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #996
JPPT1974
Special Teams

Well with RG3, hopefully the losing streak will end!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #997
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Are people really sitting here discussing how the Skins should have lost more games last year??

Sorry guys, it's deep off season and I needed to amuse myself. Hopefully skinster is a gang of one. Don't think so, but I'm out.

Hail.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #998
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
First of all, we were losers last season, winning or losing a couple of games more or less doesn't change that.

Third of all, I said that we lost three studs by winning 3 COMPLETELY meaningless games. You really think two firsts and the 37 overall are worth us going 5-11 as opposed to 2-14?
So can you tell us which games were involved when Shanahan said to the team in the pregame, "Men, this is a meaningless game."

The fact is that you play to win. 6-10 is better than 5-11. There may be games which are meaningless in terms of the playoff hunt but there are no completely meaningless games.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny

Last edited by Lotus; 05-11-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #999
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
So can you tell us which games were involved when Shanahan said to the team in the pregame, "Men, this is a meaningless game."

The fact is that you play to win. 6-10 is better than 5-11. There are no meaningless games.
........thankyou
Old 05-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #1000
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Could have saved ourselves 2 first rounders and a high second by losing a few more games. I don't understand how you or anyone else can justify 3 wins in a completely meaningless season being worth three stud players. Maybe we should have made a deal with the devil and given offered Kerrigan, Orakpo, and Trent Williams as tribute to go 8-8 last year. Worth it?
yes, it would have been nice to have kept the 2nd 2012, 1st 2013, and 1st 2014. how should they have thrown 3 games? should rex have handed the ball off to an opposing defensive lineman? should we have played the games with 8 players on the field at a time? get real homie
Old 05-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #1001
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Hold on...im kinda hazy after tonight activites, but hasnt the draft already taken place..? Oh thats right we got arguable the best prospect in the entire class. So.......are we seriously still talking about tanking games after the draft has come and gone?

This is an Epic Fail and its being talked about in our Cap-gate thread? Double Epic Fail. wow

He Gets Us
Old 05-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #1002
44Deezel
The Starter

You can draft high #1s all you want, as the Skins have done for years, but you will suck until you get a QB. TW, Orrakpo, Kerrigan PLUS Rex EQUALS 5-11.

Patriots with One of the worst defenses in history, statistically speaking, PLUS Tom Brady EQUALS one Wes Welker drop from winning the Super Bowl.

It's simple math, people.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #1003
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Patriots with One of the worst defenses in history, statistically speaking, PLUS Tom Brady EQUALS one Wes Welker drop from winning the Super Bowl.
They were middle of the pack in points allowed. That's the only thing that truly matters with defense. Who gives a shit if you give up 500 yards a game if the team only gets 15 points on the board.

Side note:

Why pinning that loss on Welker? Brady's throw wasn't where it should have been placed. Also, the safety in that game ring a bell?

It's funny. Brady loses a game, it's everybody elses fault.

Manning loses games, and it's because he's not clutch.

lol the logic in much of these types of discussions is hilarious.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 05-12-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #1004
skinster
Impact Rookie

Woah Woah Woah. Let me reiterate. I never said throw any games, and I'm not complaining about anything. If any team threw any game, that would be a mockery of the sport. At the same time, it was in our best interest to lose more games in a MEANINGLESS year, and as a fan I don't think it is unreasonable to want the teams best interest.

I'm not complaining. Simply commenting on someone elses post who said they have no idea why fans would have wanted our team to lose more games last season. All is said is so we could have 3 extra picks. I guarantee each and every single one of you would feel the same now about a 2-14 season as you would a 5-11 season. Both are equal in that they are wasted seasons, but 2-14 would have saved us two firsts and a high second.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #1005
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
it was in our best interest to lose more games in a MEANINGLESS year
how should they have done what was in their best interest?