Finish 2 terms (=re-elected) 0 0%
presidente de por vida 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2018, 11:08 AM   #1
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

500 Days

I figured enough was enough with the other thread

Trump has made it 500 days. I know some doubted he would make it a year. So I figured it's time for an anonymous poll.

How long will Trump last? 6 months, a year, finish his term, finish 2 terms?

As for thread discussion points, this has to have been the most bipolar media coverage of a sitting president's term. The biases of every network have been laid out bare, and no one should harbor an illusion that journalistic integrity is alive in any network.

If Pres Trump wasn't such a detestable person as a person, then I think this would be a no brainer that this has been a very good conservative presidency. But he is, and his tantrums and brain farts make it hard for even his most ardent supporters, like me, to defend his unpresidential behaviour.

500 days in. How long will it last, and how will it end. That's the question before you right now.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-06-2018, 11:51 AM   #2
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: 500 Days

He'll make it through the first term but won't be re-elected. The Democratic turnout in the primaries so far this year has been strong, which tells me Trump's poor approval rating is actually translating into anti-Trump energy in the voting both.

Unless the Dems nominate a total non-starter for president, I like their chances to beat Trump.

Meanwhile Meuller is taking f'ing forever. Don't think anything comes of his investigation until the 2020 presidential campaign is underway, at which point he'll have to decide whether it's worth the political disruption to release a report during a campaign.

I think Trump gets defeated in 2020 before Meuller comes out with anything meaningful.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:34 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I’ll be surprised is trump runs for a second term...with his fragile ego, he already the sees the coming loss...so getting out “while on top” makes sense. He will have an excuse ready soon.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:48 PM   #4
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I voted finish term and I think a deal has already been struck.No one wants Pence he's a dangerous moron and ten fold worse than trump.All I can think is that trump might try and run for a second term and then the GOP would impeach him to stop it. I have to admit I saw Bernie with Bill Mahr the other night and he was looking good.Biden is putting out feelers ,one rumor I heard was Biden as President with either Joe Kennedy III or this women from the mid west Amy Klobuchar.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:56 PM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I gotta feeling after this term and Bigly D is chilling at trump tower...it’s gonna be game on suing his political enemies.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:39 PM   #6
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I voted for finishes term, although I can see this swinging two ways. Basically, the right theory is that if Congress goes to the left after November, it's gonna open the door for Mueller's investigation to actually matter in terms of impeachment. So that's going to mobilize the right base to vote. Meanwhile the majority of people (lets say 60+ percent) are going to be lazy and not vote because they don't think their vote matters. Which means the right is going to win another close fought victory because most people don't actually care enough to vote, especially in a non-Prez election. Combine that with gerrymandering/voting laws that make it hard to vote in left leaning strongholds like inner cities, and it will be close. So if/when the right maintains control in Congress, Mueller knows impeachment is basically off the table because party over country (unless of course he has legit evidence that Trump is basically in debt to the Russians which means they own him).

TL;DR: The right maintains control, Trump finishes his term.

In the unlikely event the left gains control or at least gets the split, Mueller finishes his investigation and no doubt recommends Trump for impeachment, which has a legit chance of passing.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:40 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I gotta feeling after this term and Bigly D is chilling at trump tower...it’s gonna be game on suing his political enemies.
I agree, but what's the charge? Defaming? The standards for that on a celebrity or a politician are really high.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote