Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Sticking With The Old ?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-25-2006, 05:56 PM   #1
REDSKIN1
Special Teams

What if we would have stuck with the old?

Hey if this team would have stuck with the same off. we ran last year with Gibbs calling the plays and maybe just added another wide receiver, and kept ryan clark. Do you think we could be 5-2 instead of 2-5? I personally think that aside from all the injuries on the defense, our offensive system is the main reason that our team sucks right now. I'm not talking about the players, but just the whole system and game management. I think Gibbs off. was a better fit for the NFC east and the personnell on this team.

Advertisements
Old 10-25-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
dmek25
MVP

Re: Sticking With The Old ?

im not sure what are record would be, because of all the injuries. but i do think we would have at least 3 wins
Old 10-25-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
REDSKIN1
Special Teams

While 5-2 may be a stretch, I do think that 4-3 would have been easily acheived. With wins over Minn and Tenn. And possibly a close win over Dallas. If you remember in all those games we never could control the time of possession. And Gibbs system is built around T.O.P
Old 10-25-2006, 07:02 PM   #4
That Guy
Living Legend

brunell's already said making him learn a new system at 36 makes no sense and portis just talked about how they aren't calling the plays that the players want to run. everything that worked so well last year has been more or less ignored, but the defense would have been just as bad either way.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:43 PM   #5
offiss

Everyone forgets why Saunders was brought in here in the first place, and that is because Gibbs offense was inept, any team who has a smart D-coordinator could shut us down last season, just look how we finished the season it was the defense carring the offense. Would we be better this year if we kept Clark? Tough to say, but I will say we would be better at the saftey position, to many injuries on defense to really say if the D could carry the offense again.

Kind of funny that Gibbs who was known as an inovator and an offensive genious his first go round, and Al Saunders who is regarded as the best in the buisness when it comes to offense can do nothing, maybe Gibbs isn't that out of touch with his offensive mind, maybe all our offensive woe's lie in the fact that Gibbs is out of his mind for sticking with Brunell, but we really will never know because when it comes to the position that can make the biggest impact to a football team Gibbs refuses to make a change to see if that may be the problem. Gibbs is reserved to the fact that the rest of the team is the problem not Brunell, at the very least make a switch and I don't mean Collins, Gibbs utter distain for benching Brunell couldn't be more evident than this past sunday when the game was over his refusal to put a gimpy Brunell on the sideline and allow Campbell to get some reps and a feel for game speed in the NFL. It kind of reminds me of his hurried benching of Ramsey last season as if Gibbs is horrified someone else will step in and out play Brunell leaving him with no choice but to keep Brunell on the bench.

Now I know that may seem like Gibbs would rather play Brunell than win, but I digress, I believe he feels he can win he just wants it to be with Brunell and I will give my reasoning for this.

First off it's his first big personel decision for Gibbs the GM, or as I like to call him GM Joe, then as we know and saw first hand at his press confrence he is very considerate towards certain people, like the fans seeing the bus off at redskin park, Brunell was promised the starters job to come here and Gibbs will do just about anything to keep his word, but with that I do believe Gibbs believes he will win with Brunell, and that is where the delusion comes in, HE WILL NEVER WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP WITH BRUNELL!

Now we have 2 weeks to prepare for the Boys and guess what? we will be the same team in 2 weeks that we were against the Titans and the Colts, with Campbell losing much needed time with the first team, as well as he lost what could have been a world of experience in the 4th quarter of the Colt game. Not to worry though Brunell will eventually become the QB that Gibbs knows he traded for.

But the excuses are running out, I don't want to here about the line, they may not be the hogs of the 80's but they are adequet, how many QB's have all day to throw anyway? Brunell had a ton of time against the Titans and did nothing. It's not the WR's, how many teams have a better recieving core than us? We apparently have one of the top backs in the NFL and according to some in the history of the game, a tremendous TE and H-back, I can't help but think that the problem lies else where, and theres only one other position left to blame.

Perhaps Gibbs will not forget to wave to the fans in the parking lot in 2 weeks and we will beat the Boy's, but Gibbs is quickly becoming the Jimmy Carter of the NFL.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:59 PM   #6
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Re: What if we would have stuck with the old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKIN1 View Post
Hey if this team would have stuck with the same off. we ran last year with Gibbs calling the plays and maybe just added another wide receiver, and kept ryan clark. Do you think we could be 5-2 instead of 2-5? I personally think that aside from all the injuries on the defense, our offensive system is the main reason that our team sucks right now. I'm not talking about the players, but just the whole system and game management. I think Gibbs off. was a better fit for the NFC east and the personnell on this team.
Yes. I think we would have been at least 5-2.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:07 PM   #7
MTK
\m/

Are you guys kidding me?

Unless the D was playing up to it's potential, I highly doubt we would be anything better than 3-4 right now.

We have the 29th ranked D in case you were wondering.

As for last year, that inept offense finished 11th overall and broke team records in receiving and rushing. Yeah they stumbled late, but as some of us have said a million times injuries played a part. Brunell and Portis were both banged up, and the team was probably emotionally spent at the end after the 6 game run. So blast it all you want, but the numbers and results speak for themselves.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:55 PM   #8
dmek25
MVP

in gibbs offense, the defense would be on the field alot less
Old 10-25-2006, 10:20 PM   #9
SkinEmAll
Special Teams

A top 10 D with the offense we have right now and we are 4-3 at worst, probaly 5-2.
SkinEmAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:32 PM   #10
Redskin
Impact Rookie

Psh yeah right, our defense was our strong point last year, i mean we have some prett good pointage this year if you stop and think bout it considering last year.
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:36 PM   #11
Crat92
Special Teams

All we had to do was tweak the offense from last year. The problem was that Moss was the only WR Brunell had to throw to. With the addition of just one WR, we could have saved some cheeze and addressed a more pressing need.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:51 PM   #12
70Chip
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
brunell's already said making him learn a new system at 36 makes no sense and portis just talked about how they aren't calling the plays that the players want to run. everything that worked so well last year has been more or less ignored, but the defense would have been just as bad either way.

Yes. Ryan Clarke was a good, tough player and having him here would help, but not that much. The defense is the really scary aspect of this. It seems like everyone is so focused on ripping the offense (and rightly so) that they are ignoring the fact that the defense is even worse.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:30 PM   #13
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I do kinda wish that Al Saunders hadn't been brought in, because we did have some offensive success last year and all we pretty much needed was a #2 wideout to take some pressure off Moss and Cooley. But we overdid it and brought in a new system, new o-coordinator that keeps calling plays the players don't like, a bunch of high profile additions, that other than the wideouts, haven't even performed like a starter should be able to.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:24 AM   #14
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

I Think last years offense, with the playmakers we brough in at WR could have succeeded. ALthough Brunell played better last season than he has this season too, much better (granted the whole unit did).

In any event, that may have been enough for wins vs Minnesota/Tenn but thats all. The other three games we were beat soundly.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:39 AM   #15
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Are you guys kidding me?

Unless the D was playing up to it's potential, I highly doubt we would be anything better than 3-4 right now.

We have the 29th ranked D in case you were wondering.

As for last year, that inept offense finished 11th overall and broke team records in receiving and rushing. Yeah they stumbled late, but as some of us have said a million times injuries played a part. Brunell and Portis were both banged up, and the team was probably emotionally spent at the end after the 6 game run. So blast it all you want, but the numbers and results speak for themselves.
what he said.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote