What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 11-21-2019, 11:17 AM   #2086
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
People driving like assholes on the Holidays !(I mean more than usual)
Yup! You know what is an epi-fucking-demic? People just cruising in the left lane. VA actually has a whole campaign about it now. That causes such a giant clusterfuck.

Advertisements
Old 11-21-2019, 04:44 PM   #2087
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Yup! You know what is an epi-fucking-demic? People just cruising in the left lane. VA actually has a whole campaign about it now. That causes such a giant clusterfuck.
S10 .....triggered!!!!
Old 11-21-2019, 11:28 PM   #2088
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Let me know where you can do more than cruise and get away with it. Any of the semi well traveled areas where I drive (between Richmond and DC) have cops with speeds guns lying in wait, thick as flies at the dump. There are stretches of I-95 and I-295 where there are constantly one of them every half mile hiding in the wooden median. I go 4-5 over the limit and that is it.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:50 PM   #2089
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Let me know where you can do more than cruise and get away with it. Any of the semi well traveled areas where I drive (between Richmond and DC) have cops with speeds guns lying in wait, thick as flies at the dump. There are stretches of I-95 and I-295 where there are constantly one of them every half mile hiding in the wooden median. I go 4-5 over the limit and that is it.
I commute up and down 95 in the shit every day, if you are camping in the left hand lane move over.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:52 AM   #2090
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I commute up and down 95 in the shit every day, if you are camping in the left hand lane move over.
Where on I-95? I am guessing your commute is from Stafford to DC area where there isn't any speeds traps with cops sitting in the center divider with speed guns out. Anywhere from exit 140 south on I-95 down to Richmond there are speed traps galore. In your disrespect for left lane "campers" please drive 80 mph on I-95 between Stafford and Richmond on your free time during daylight hours for a couple months and tell me what your average miles logged are between the times you are stopped and ticketed.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:42 AM   #2091
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Where on I-95? I am guessing your commute is from Stafford to DC area where there isn't any speeds traps with cops sitting in the center divider with speed guns out. Anywhere from exit 140 south on I-95 down to Richmond there are speed traps galore. In your disrespect for left lane "campers" please drive 80 mph on I-95 between Stafford and Richmond on your free time during daylight hours for a couple months and tell me what your average miles logged are between the times you are stopped and ticketed.
No, it's mostly Woodbridge to Springfield or occasionally Alexandria. We have speed traps too, and for some reason I haven't been caught in one in 10 years even though I do 70 too. Fairfax County loves to sit on the north side of the Occoquan and write up people on Route 1, and VSP love to sit on the NB side of 95 just past the Woodbridge/RT1 interchange.

I also commute all the way from Woodbridge to where Fairfax County Parkway meets 66, all the way up 123 and they have speed traps too. My general rule of thumb is they won't pull you over if you're doing the same speed as everyone else.

If you are going 5-10 slower than everyone else then yeah, you're the asshole. Esp. in the left hand lane. I don't get mad if you're in the slow lane because that's where you're supposed to be.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:46 AM   #2092
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

All I'm saying is this (I mostly drive I81), drive 90, drive 60, I don't care, but when you pass someone, get over. Don't just sit in the left lane assuming you'll eventually pass someone else, because what ends up happening is eventually someone catches up to you, passes on the right (MAYBE) and maybe gets caught behind someone going slower in the right lane causing the aforementioned clusterfuck. If everyone passed at a decent clip whatever speed they're going and just got over, congestion would go down significantly. TMC science says so.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:18 AM   #2093
mredskins
MVP

Now a days i feel like the middle lane is the slow lane. The slow drivers seem to camp out in the middle lane now a days.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:29 AM   #2094
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Now a days i feel like the middle lane is the slow lane. The slow drivers seem to camp out in the middle lane now a days.
This this this...Middle lane(s) always feels the most unsafe because of this. I feel the far right lane is just another passing lane

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:36 AM   #2095
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This this this...Middle lane(s) always feels the most unsafe because of this. I feel the far right lane is just another passing lane
ok i am not the only one. i usually stay in right lane and can do ten over speed limit without having to change lanes all the time.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:16 AM   #2096
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
See I get this and I understand it and if that's what you do fine but for the LOVE of GOD please use a BLINKER / DIRECTIONAL SIGNAL .....they were invented for a reason please folks use them!
Old 11-22-2019, 12:16 PM   #2097
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
See I get this and I understand it and if that's what you do fine but for the LOVE of GOD please use a BLINKER / DIRECTIONAL SIGNAL .....they were invented for a reason please folks use them!
Where I am going is none of your business.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:25 PM   #2098
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
ok i am not the only one. i usually stay in right lane and can do ten over speed limit without having to change lanes all the time.
Yup. I don't often drive up there, but I notice most people chill in the middle lane so they don't have to react to anyone getting on the beltway from the right.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:46 PM   #2099
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Where I am going is none of your business.
LOL, except when it's into the side of my car.
Old 12-27-2019, 08:10 AM   #2100
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Christmas Cold...man I was sick as fuck from Monday thru this morning. Missed all the Christmas family events.

I got my flu shot...so at least not that, but the older you get the slower the bounce back.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote