Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

Parking Lot

Old 02-16-2021, 08:38 PM   #46
mredskins
MVP

Re: AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

No worries sdskins !

I was more speaking to myself with the answer; I feel bad but I explained it to the best of my ability and he stood literally right next to me. He is a younger and I respect any small business owner trying to make it; that is a tough road.

I paid him a decent amount for all the work, to correct the siding it’s all labor maybe a few nails. Just felt bad for him.

Advertisements
Old 02-16-2021, 08:50 PM   #47
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
No worries sdskins !

I was more speaking to myself with the answer; I feel bad but I explained it to the best of my ability and he stood literally right next to me. He is a younger and I respect any small business owner trying to make it; that is a tough road.

I paid him a decent amount for all the work, to correct the siding it’s all labor maybe a few nails. Just felt bad for him.
Yeah I get it. Sometimes there is no bad guy in a situation. Just something that happens. Cost of doing business.

A lot of times how a business replies to an issue is more important than the original work, when it comes to using them again or recommending them.

Doesn't sound like there is much you could've done differently.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 08:34 AM   #48
mredskins
MVP

All good points sds!
Old 12-06-2021, 04:07 PM   #49
SunnySide
Playmaker

This was a few weeks ago.

Friday night and we order a pick up pizza from Pizza Bolis. $15.99 for a large pepperoni, pick up in 20 mins. I get there maybe 30 mins later, pay for the pizza and the cashier goes in the back to check on it bc it wasnt up front.

Shes back there for a while. A line starts to form. Im standing to the side. She comes back out without my pizza and starts dealing with the line. One guy had been waiting over an hour, he was kinda pissed. Another guy had some type of issue.

The manager comes out and starts dealing with the customers.

The cashier lady starts to walk into the back and I remind her about my pizza. She comes out walking by me with another customers pizza and I had to get her attention and ask her if something is wrong with my order. She says they made it sausage instead of pepperoni.

Now Im a bit vexxed.

I tell her to just reverse the charge on my card. So the manager comes over and apologizes, nice as you could be, says ..

manager: "Im so sorry, I can have a large pepperoni to you in 5 mins."

me: "just give me my money back"

manager: "youre a loyal customer, please let me make this right. Ill get you a large pepperoni and put a free pizza on your account"

manager: "Im so sorry, we have a new system (repeats his offer)"

me: "I just want my money back."

------------------------------

Felt like an asshole. I wasnt rude, didnt yell, just keep repeating "i want my money back". Honest mistake, you could see they were having ordering issues and I feel like the cashier lady taking the orders over the phone and working up front was really new.

Normally id just take the free pizza and call it a win. At that moment, i didnt want to seem like I was complaining to try and get free shit. I was little mad bc the cashier lady just ignored me and I had to remind her Ive been waiting for my pizza.

So my family had frozen cardboard pizza that night instead of a free pizza bc their dad was entrenched and couldnt take a breath and relax.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:54 PM   #50
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
This was a few weeks ago.

Friday night and we order a pick up pizza from Pizza Bolis. $15.99 for a large pepperoni, pick up in 20 mins. I get there maybe 30 mins later, pay for the pizza and the cashier goes in the back to check on it bc it wasnt up front.

Shes back there for a while. A line starts to form. Im standing to the side. She comes back out without my pizza and starts dealing with the line. One guy had been waiting over an hour, he was kinda pissed. Another guy had some type of issue.

The manager comes out and starts dealing with the customers.

The cashier lady starts to walk into the back and I remind her about my pizza. She comes out walking by me with another customers pizza and I had to get her attention and ask her if something is wrong with my order. She says they made it sausage instead of pepperoni.

Now Im a bit vexxed.

I tell her to just reverse the charge on my card. So the manager comes over and apologizes, nice as you could be, says ..

manager: "Im so sorry, I can have a large pepperoni to you in 5 mins."

manager: "youre a loyal customer, please let me make this right. Ill get you a large pepperoni and put a free pizza on your account"

manager: "Im so sorry, we have a new system (repeats his offer)"

me: "I just want my money back."

------------------------------

Felt like an asshole. I wasnt rude, didnt yell, just keep repeating "i want my money back". Honest mistake, you could see they were having ordering issues and I feel like the cashier lady taking the orders over the phone and working up front was really new.

Normally id just take the free pizza and call it a win. At that moment, i didnt want to seem like I was complaining to try and get free shit. I was little mad bc the cashier lady just ignored me and I had to remind her Ive been waiting for my pizza.

So my family had frozen cardboard pizza that night instead of a free pizza bc their dad was entrenched and couldnt take a breath and relax.
No you're not the asshole. I had a very similar situation at a Ledo's and after ordering on line it was a thirty min wait and I was picking it up all ready charged to my card .SIL and I go in to pick this up and they say anoth 15 mins , 30 mins later I ask the manager he says a few more mins. To cut it short from start to finish it took two hours. Yes I was an ass when I left and I all so call the main office and filed a complant .
Old 12-06-2021, 09:31 PM   #51
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Sunny your first mistake was ordering from Pizza Boli's.

Every Saturday at the dealership I used to work at they would feed us lunch because we were too busy to take lunch breaks. It was a steady rotation between sandwich shop, Popeyes, and Pizza Boli's. Initially I didn't mind it but it got to the point where eating Boli's would make me nauseous and start dry-heaving. Towards the end I used to start paying a porter to go pick me up lunch when they ordered Boli's.

Not sure if it was a food safety issue or what but I ain't ever going back there.

Also you're not the asshole - obviously they were having some sort of system error and I'm sure you weren't the only unhappy customer that night. I would've just taken the free pizza, but there's no guarantee they would've had the replacement ready in 5 minutes either.
Old 12-06-2021, 11:25 PM   #52
mredskins
MVP

Pizza Bolis is straight shit ; they are pretty much all gone north of Bmore
Old 12-07-2021, 11:05 AM   #53
SunnySide
Playmaker

But ... there is an employment issue with min wage positions. Places like Bolis are hiring anyone and throwing them to the fire.

When covid first hit and we all scurried to our remote at home work .. it was the min wage grocery store cashiers and bolis cashiers who had to show up to work. This was back when we didnt know the extent or where covid was going to lead.

I tip sometimes 50% now, try an be overly understanding customer ... and I wasnt here.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 11:43 AM   #54
mredskins
MVP

Pre COVID Pre 911 Pre WW2 Pre Ice Age....

One constant has always stood

Pizza Boli's sucks!!!!
Old 12-07-2021, 11:47 AM   #55
mredskins
MVP

I have a AITAH pizza story

I ordered a pie from a local place down the street from me. Go in say large cheese to go that is it. Literally less then 5 minutes later, I get a you are all set here is your pizza. Not thinking I was like thanks and headed straight home. Throw the pizza down and kids dive in. My son goes why is the cheese all hard all ready. I look at the pizza thing had to be a hour or longer old. I call the shop, old guy working there says I thought I give you a mistake we made and get you out the door faster. I cursed that dude out just out of hangry. Never gone back since.
Old 12-07-2021, 11:54 AM   #56
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

I ordered a pie from a local place down the street from me. Go in say large cheese to go that is it. Literally less then 5 minutes later, I get a you are all set here is your pizza. Not thinking I was like thanks and headed straight home. Throw the pizza down and kids dive in. My son goes why is the cheese all hard all ready. I look at the pizza thing had to be a hour or longer old. I call the shop, old guy working there says I thought I give you a mistake we made and get you out the door faster. I cursed that dude out just out of hangry. Never gone back since.
Lol, he was just covering his ass. Giving you an old ass pizza. The shop is 100% the asshole in that story.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 01:19 PM   #57
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Wassamattawiyu? You putta da old za in da microwav, issagooasnew!

No mred, you are not the asshole here. Its da principle of da mattah.
Old 12-07-2021, 01:42 PM   #58
MTK
\m/

Just don't order from pizza by Alfredo, they are the worst, their pizza is a hot circle of garbage
Old 12-07-2021, 02:16 PM   #59
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I went to GMU…Pizza Boli was the go to cheap pizza. 4.99 a large. I used to get their wings and loved them.

I also directed some pledges to wait in the handicap parking lot (where the delivery drivers would park) hide in the woods. The delivery drivers would come up and park leaving their cars going. When he would run in to deliver, I had them approach the car, open the unlocked door and lift other food orders waiting to be delivered.

These dubs were so big back then.

I’m the asshole…but full

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 12-07-2021 at 02:47 PM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 09:07 AM   #60
mredskins
MVP

AITAH:

Wonderful youth sports.

Its hockey try out season (worst time of the year).

This past Monday and Tuesday was the u14 try outs. A top middle and bottom team was selected. The majority of the kids in our program have skated at this club for a number of years. I say this because the director and all the coaches know the majority of the kids very well, there are no parent coaches.

Rewind 2 weeks ago the director of the club calls me and ask if my son and another boy would like to come out for a private skate with some other boys looking to join our club to build a top team. At the 14u level we are very thin especially when it comes to top talent.

The new coach evaluates my son and the other boy over two private skates held in the weeks leading up to official try outs. They come back to me and say your son and the other boy are on the team but please keep this quiet as we are still evaluating others. I said sure fine, not a problem.

Of course during the whole process, parents are constantly asking do you know anything what is going on etc etc...rumor mill. I just stay quiet.

I say there were 4 other OG club members that had a potential to land on this team, the top coach saw them skate at 4 events pre skate 1 pre skate 2 try out 1 and try out 2, i recommend all 4 and said they had been loyal to the program and deserved a opportunity to play on the top team.

The new coach of the top team after try outs picked one of the 4.

Well one of the 4 that didn't make is a fairly close friend to me. He found out the team was being assembled prior to official try outs and that my son had already been chosen prior to try outs. Well all hell breaks out and he is so mad at me. I went back to him and said look they asked me not to say anything and even if i had told him it made no difference they had no interest in his son at that level. I endorsed his son numerous times through the process his son skated in front of the top coach 4 different sessions. His son has been in the program for 4 years, they know his kid very well he didn't make the cut.

So am I the asshole here? or is this guy just pissed off his kid is on a lower team and is scapegoating me for his angry.

I do agree with him it is shitty when they do backdoor try outs and stuff but i also realize in order for this club to have a top team it was going to need verbal commitments from outside top players in order to pull this off, those top kids could go anywhere and all clubs try out at the same time.

If i reverse the clock; me telling him does nothing to help his kid; if anything it probably pisses him off in that moment plus makes his kid feel bad he was not being chosen. I apologized to him and he just basically blew me off. Good grief Charlie Brown.