Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Should Gruden be fired ?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins fire Gruden?
Yes 54 87.10%
No 8 12.90%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2018, 06:42 AM   #136
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Should Gruden be fired ?

I just don't believe that Dan would ever allow someone to make all of the decisions independent of him. I believe it's ultimately why every "GM" or "Team President" type person we have had here has been a total failure.

Advertisements
Old 12-15-2018, 09:15 AM   #137
rickmmrr
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I just don't believe that Dan would ever allow someone to make all of the decisions independent of him. I believe it's ultimately why every "GM" or "Team President" type person we have had here has been a total failure.
That's why this team is royally f#cked. But the funny thing is I see Jerry Jones the same way, and they are winning right now.
rickmmrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:20 AM   #138
MTK
\m/

Most, if not all of the owners are involved to some degree. This idea that the owner just sits in the box and cuts the checks is a little naïve.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:30 AM   #139
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

The more Gruden speaks the more pathetic he sounds. He sounds like he runs the team without any discipline whatsoever. I wonder what would happen if Gruden was replaced by the reincarnation of Vince Lomabardi?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:37 AM   #140
Kope
Special Teams

I have an unconventional theory about football operations since DS took over. The biggest problem DS has operationally is that he has been too loyal to the person designated to run the team - Cerrato then Allen.

The only hope I have for the future is that at some point he hires a legit football person and shows the same loyalty. Other than that it is Fargo bleak looking forward.
Kope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 06:37 PM   #141
httr198020
Special Teams

Lets get something straight. This team has been thoroughly out coached with or without the injuries. Keep in mind our offense was pure shit before the injuries. Jay Gruden is not a good offensive coach, nor does he have an eye for talent. It was his idea to get rid of Desean Jackson and Garcon. And since that time our offense has been below average. Since Gruden has been here our running game has been below average. If AP wasn't playing out of his mind our running game would probably be ranked near the bottom just like all the years since he's been here. The defense doesn't have any injuries and they still suck. I know a lot of you are going to say, "we'll Jay doesn't coach the defense." But he hired the guy who coach the defense! He hired both Joe Barry and Greg Manusky. Under Jay's leadership I've seen this team get outcoached, outplayed, and outclassed in the vast majority of big games we've had since he's been here. So hell he needs to go. As far as I'm concern he should have never got hired. He hasn't done anything in the league that warrants him being a HC.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:30 AM   #142
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
Lets get something straight. This team has been thoroughly out coached with or without the injuries. Keep in mind our offense was pure shit before the injuries. Jay Gruden is not a good offensive coach, nor does he have an eye for talent. It was his idea to get rid of Desean Jackson and Garcon. And since that time our offense has been below average. Since Gruden has been here our running game has been below average. If AP wasn't playing out of his mind our running game would probably be ranked near the bottom just like all the years since he's been here. The defense doesn't have any injuries and they still suck. I know a lot of you are going to say, "we'll Jay doesn't coach the defense." But he hired the guy who coach the defense! He hired both Joe Barry and Greg Manusky. Under Jay's leadership I've seen this team get outcoached, outplayed, and outclassed in the vast majority of big games we've had since he's been here. So hell he needs to go. As far as I'm concern he should have never got hired. He hasn't done anything in the league that warrants him being a HC.
My thoughts exactly....he's about to conclude his 5th NFL season as the Redskins head coach and the Redskins have only been to the playoffs only once in those 5 years....and in those 5 seasons Jay Gruden is still below .500... I'm at my wits end with Gruden...
Old 12-26-2018, 09:58 AM   #143
metalskins
The Starter

Ran across this article. Kind of makes me shrug! Should Jay Gruden Be Fired?
Old 12-26-2018, 10:01 AM   #144
MTK
\m/

It would be interesting to see what could have happened the last 2 years without the absurd amount of injuries. Got to think they've taken away 2-3 wins in each season.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:16 AM   #145
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Ran across this article. Kind of makes me shrug! Should Jay Gruden Be Fired?
I read that article too. Every single team that will be looking for a head coach has more to offer than we do, except maybe Cincinnati. It might be worth waiting. To me the biggest issue is consistency. Good coaches don't get blown out the way or as often as Gruden does.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:27 AM   #146
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I don't want to drag Swearinger's words into every thread, but I thought this bit about practices was very telling. And it should be a strike against Gruden. However, with the amount of injuries we've had I'm alright giving Gruden another year if it means Allen is gone. I'm not ok with the status quo remaining though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...ortsbog&wpmm=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Swearinger
On whether the Redskins need to work harder in practice: “Man, I’m not a Redskin anymore. Like I said, I’ve been on a team that has went to the playoffs, and [I’ve been on a team that] went 3-13 and I know the formula that Bruce Arians had [with the Arizona Cardinals]. And it was a successful formula. We practiced 10 times harder than we did here. You know, it’s kind of crazy that every time a player that comes here from another team, they’re like ‘Man, this is so laid-back.’ But I guess that’s just what type of practices we have: We have laid-back practices. Every teammate of my old that comes here, they ask me ‘Damn, bro, why is practice so laid-back, why are we just chillin’ out here?' But I guess that’s just the formula that this team has. And it would be less of a man of me to stoop down to the mediocre when I’m not a mediocre guy. I don’t like practicing mediocre, I don’t like preparing mediocre. And that’s sort of the thing I guess that hurt me and got me released, but if that’s the type of man that I am, to not accept mediocre, then I can live with that. I can live with being released and live with wanting to win and be a winner. I can live with it.”
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:38 AM   #147
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Should we even ask this question? Jesus God help us!
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:42 AM   #148
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Swearinger has also mentioned laid back practices and poor preparation....this team isn't where it is only because of injuries....substandard coaching is involved too....it's no wonder Gruden is 31-31-1 since 2015....he won't give you an embarrassingly losing season....but he doesn't give you 12-4 seasons either....for how much longer will average be accepted?
Old 12-26-2018, 11:45 AM   #149
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I don't want to drag Swearinger's words into every thread, but I thought this bit about practices was very telling. And it should be a strike against Gruden. However, with the amount of injuries we've had I'm alright giving Gruden another year if it means Allen is gone. I'm not ok with the status quo remaining though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...ortsbog&wpmm=1
You can't accuse him of being salty because he said these things while he was here.

Let's not forget that a few weeks ago Gruden said in a press conference that the players were complaining about extra practice time when they needed to get Sanchez up to speed.
Gruden should've handled that internally and not let that out to the media.

Jay is in way over his head and doesn't know how to prepare NFL players.

In regards to injuries, I believe our guys aren't ready for physicality of an NFL game because they don't do enough hitting in training camp.
This is why players that join a team later in the year always seem to get injured.

Some players have complained that training camp was too easy and injuries are a result of that.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:55 AM   #150
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmmrr View Post
That's why this team is royally f#cked. But the funny thing is I see Jerry Jones the same way, and they are winning right now.
Jerruh is the GM, but he also has forgotten more about football than DS will ever know.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote