Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Cowboys Vs Redskins Yahoo League

Fantasy Football

Old 09-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #31
D'BOYZ
The Starter

Re: Cowboys Vs Redskins Yahoo League

I for 1 didn' see what my prerank draft gave man.... and buster even if it start tonight we ca nhave the draft tomorrow the only bad things is that you would get 0 points for any miami or pitt player you draft think of it as 2 bye weeks
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-07-2006, 05:29 PM   #32
Blue Star
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I'm not being rude, but so what. That's where he went based on Yahoo's rankings and our own pre-rankings. If you wanted him in the 5th round, you could've moved him up in your pre-rankings.

The league shouldn't be run based on the Commissioner's opinions.
Actually he went in round 14/19.

A message from yahoo.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Fantasy Sports.

Unfortunately, due to server problems, it is possible that your draft
was not able to be run as scheduled.

Since we know how important participating in a live draft can be, and
how many users can only do that on a specific day at a specific time,
we
felt it important to try and accommodate those preferences. So, rather
than having your league auto-picked, we left it undrafted and set up a
new live draft for exactly one week from the time of your original
draft.

If you are in a Public League and can not participate at this new time,
you can simply remove yourself from the league and join a new one that
is holding its draft at a more convenient time.

If you are in a Custom League, your League Commissioner can change the
draft time via the Commissioner Tools accessible via your League
Overview page.

We have fixed the issues that caused these errors and sincerely
apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

Thanks, and good luck in the upcoming season.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Regards,

Marshall

Yahoo! Customer Care
Blue Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:36 PM   #33
D'BOYZ
The Starter

ok so when well be the draft
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:17 PM   #34
Blue Star
Special Teams

Its set for Sept 13th Wednesday @10pm. I can see if I can get another time. Sunday is out for me going to see the Cowboys play in Jacksonville.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:15 AM   #35
Monkeydad
Living Legend

I'm glad Yahoo is letting us have another draft, but I wish we didn't have to miss a week.

We should've just kept the draft results. There ARE things called free agency, waivers and trades, you know.

Who had a problem with it anyways? I didn't see anything on this board or the league's page.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:16 AM   #36
Monkeydad
Living Legend

10 PM again? People are going to have to autodraft again anyways.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:07 PM   #37
Blue Star
Special Teams

Quote:
10 PM again? People are going to have to autodraft again anyways.
If you dont like the time, the missing a week, the redraft then please leave. Many people wanted an late time. If it doesnt fit you why did you sign up. You do not have to do anything you dont want or like.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #38
Monkeydad
Living Legend

No, I want to be in it...I just didn't expect the league to have so many problems just getting started.

Future suggestion: As Commish, if you're going to change league settings or do something drastic like drop all teams' rosters, ask us or at least give us a heads up first. I'm sure I'm not the only one who signed on the morning after the draft to see empty rosters and no explanation posted on the league page. It's just considerate. When I run leagues, I put everything up to a vote from the members and we discuss it on a message board. Example: The NBA dropped use of IR spots last year, so we talked and decided to add one roster spot so that if an undroppable player gets hurt and will miss a few weeks, we'd still be able to get a full roster up.

If everyone was really upset about having to autodraft, I'm fine with redrafting since it was a server problem and no one's fault...I'd just appreciate knowing what's going on. If you posted on the Cowboys board, most of us Skins fans probably won't see it.

Have a good weekend. I look foward to seeing Skins fans finish first through fifth this season.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:32 PM   #39
Blue Star
Special Teams

Quote:
No, I want to be in it...I just didn't expect the league to have so many problems just getting started.

Future suggestion: As Commish, if you're going to change league settings or do something drastic like drop all teams' rosters, ask us or at least give us a heads up first. I'm sure I'm not the only one who signed on the morning after the draft to see empty rosters and no explanation posted on the league page. It's just considerate. When I run leagues, I put everything up to a vote from the members and we discuss it on a message board. Example: The NBA dropped use of IR spots last year, so we talked and decided to add one roster spot so that if an undroppable player gets hurt and will miss a few weeks, we'd still be able to get a full roster up.

If everyone was really upset about having to autodraft, I'm fine with redrafting since it was a server problem and no one's fault...I'd just appreciate knowing what's going on. If you posted on the Cowboys board, most of us Skins fans probably won't see it.

Have a good weekend. I look foward to seeing Skins fans finish first through fifth this season.
Actually I sent an email out and posted it on the league board. One because I was not going to have people wasting there time changing there roster when I know that we could get a redraft or would just be given one.

I would of waited longer before I dropped the roster but I chose not to because the season started Thursday. And the league would of been stuck with players many would not of wanted which would of been more of a disaster.

Looking over the autopick draft results players went when the shouldn't have gone either way to early or too late. Yes there are trades but what good is it if you have no good palyers to trade. Or even worse a player you could have got if the darn server were up and you were picking.

No one has expressed the same feelings as you have toward me dropping the roster or the redraft. No league should be just based upon you waiting the players you got during predraft. Maybe you will get Manning in the third round or when ever it was again.

A few who did show up to sign on and to be turned away did not like that fact. So I took that into consideration.

This is a first that I have had to deal with yahoo server being down. I too would of like to be playing this week but shit happens. If you have pre rank your players maybe you will end up with similar ones that you ended up with during the auto pick. Also if you didnt like the time cause you were going to be at work why didnt you post a time when I asked, well its too late now.
This is the last that I have to say about or explain myself. I will not go back and forward with you any longer on this subject.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #40
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Hey, why do we have an odd number of teams now?

That's bad for H2H leagues, are we going to try to recruit another team before the start?
Old 12-27-2006, 01:22 PM   #41
Blue Star
Special Teams

Thought you guys might like to know what happened in this league.

The league finished out as follows.
Look forward to next season fantasy league.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:00 PM   #42
Monkeydad
Living Legend

<---Boston Terriers

Thanks for starting up this league. Maybe we can do it again next year. It was fun beating up on D'Boys fans whenever possible...probably fun for you guys beating us too.