Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Glad Hockey and Basketball are Over.

Other Sports

Old 06-09-2018, 08:44 AM   #1
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Just glad they are done, the seasons for them are to long anyway. Now we put up with Baseball for about six/seven weeks until football really starts.

Advertisements
Old 06-11-2018, 02:02 PM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: Glad Hockey and Basketball are Over.

I pay zero attention to the NBA or NHL, I just found out that Golden State won lol

I’m a baseball fan, it’s a perfect summer sport to follow IMO

Less than 90 days now until the season kicks off, camp will be here before we know it
Old 06-11-2018, 03:42 PM   #3
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I pay zero attention to the NBA or NHL, I just found out that Golden State won lol

I’m a baseball fan, it’s a perfect summer sport to follow IMO

Less than 90 days now until the season kicks off, camp will be here before we know it
Yup , If I know the grand kids are coming I will get some Md Blue crabs tickets and go have a great night.

somdbluecrabs.com: Home

Or

https://www.milb.com/bowie
Old 06-11-2018, 04:54 PM   #4
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Just glad they are done, the seasons for them are to long anyway. Now we put up with Baseball for about six/seven weeks until football really starts.
I wish they staggered their championships. I don't watch Hockey or basketball, but championship series are worth watching. If NHL had theirs early June and NBA had theirs late June then the downtime between those and training camp would be 2-3 weeks.

I HATE baseball, and the games over the summer have to be the most useless pro-sports events played every year. They should just give baseball players from Memorial day to the all star break game off, then come back and finish the season. It wouldn't alter the final standing one tiny bit.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:52 AM   #5
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I wish they staggered their championships. I don't watch Hockey or basketball, but championship series are worth watching. If NHL had theirs early June and NBA had theirs late June then the downtime between those and training camp would be 2-3 weeks.

I HATE baseball, and the games over the summer have to be the most useless pro-sports events played every year. They should just give baseball players from Memorial day to the all star break game off, then come back and finish the season. It wouldn't alter the final standing one tiny bit.
I don't like "Championship series"....it's like the best of seven super bowls. No it should be one game and winner take all,definitely think it would make them more exciting!
Old 06-12-2018, 06:19 AM   #6
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I don't like "Championship series"....it's like the best of seven super bowls. No it should be one game and winner take all,definitely think it would make them more exciting!
Yeah i agree.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:46 AM   #7
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I liked hockey as a kid for some weird reason growing up in south MS, but I really enjoy it now since I live damn near in Canada lol. Hockey is HUGE up here, like football in the south. So I'm NFL-NBA-NHL-MLB in that order. I love playoff baseball but the reg season is boring to me. Games last way too long.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:48 AM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

Basketball and Baseball both last way too long, the NBA playoffs drag out so bad, and we all know who is going to end up winning. Baseball is great in Sep-Oct, other than that I agree. I will watch the Stros (my team as a kid) when they are on but I'm not a big fan.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #9
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Basketball and Baseball both last way too long, the NBA playoffs drag out so bad, and we all know who is going to end up winning. Baseball is great in Sep-Oct, other than that I agree. I will watch the Stros (my team as a kid) when they are on but I'm not a big fan.
I agree with all of this (except the Astros).

Basketball should start in January - February, start playoffs after memorial day and have their championship around 4th of july.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:33 PM   #10
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Im super stoked as a sixers fan about the draft and the coming years. Haven’t been this excited since AI. Im a flyers fan so that is always hard. I can always wait for basketball and hockey and baseball (go yankees). Football is king. I agree the othet three sports are way too long. Football is way too short. I feel like i spend most of the year waiting for it, and it is week 8 before i finish my first beer. It is all about championships. When one of my college or pro teams wins one than waiting is easy because you are wearing the crown.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote