Down 23 28.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 12:00 AM   #211
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Dwayne Haskins

https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-...edskins-qb-job

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth

Advertisements
Old 05-11-2019, 08:35 AM   #212
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Start him day one. If I have to watch Case or Colt I'll probably slit my wrists.
I don't know. The young man only has 14 college starts under his belt and the Redskins will have new offensive lineman that need to work together to form a cohesive unit. Pitching him into the fire before he is not near ready could kill his confidence and or get him hurt. He will have to adapt to the speed of the NFL game and the complexity of NFL defenses.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:50 PM   #213
DYoungJelly
The Starter

I'm really curious about how close Dan and Haskins are.

Sheehan said he was told by people in the organization RG3 would tell assistant coaches he was dining with the owner later and would put in a good word for them.

Really hoping Dan has learned his lesson.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2019, 01:12 PM   #214
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post

Sheehan said he was told by people in the organization RG3 would tell assistant coaches he was dining with the owner later and would put in a good word for them.

That’s nauseating. RG3 must have been reviled by the end. I bet those same coaches reveled at his getting benched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2019, 11:52 PM   #215
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

I would hope they're not close at all. Dan needs to step the fuck off.

I saw an opinion/article today that said Haskins is ready to be a leader on this team. Kid literally has no clue, not one ounce of an idea of how hard the NFL really is and he's ready to lead an entire team? I fucking hope not.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:02 AM   #216
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

I heard all kinds of stories listening to local sports talk about how Dan gave RG3 and his family access to facilities and perks the other players did not get, which drove a wedge between him and his teammates. It was also said RG3 had a habit of letting everyone know he was Dan's favorite.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:15 AM   #217
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I would hope they're not close at all. Dan needs to step the fuck off.

I saw an opinion/article today that said Haskins is ready to be a leader on this team. Kid literally has no clue, not one ounce of an idea of how hard the NFL really is and he's ready to lead an entire team? I fucking hope not.
What difference does it make if they are close? All Haskins as to do is perform. That is the only thing we should be concerned about. Whether or not him and the owner are buddies is totally irrelevant. Is he mastering the playbook? Is he working on his craft? Is he showing up on game day? These are the things that matter. Not some made up controversy by the Washington sports media.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:28 AM   #218
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

You guys are overthinking this way too much. Haskins was the best QB on our board after Murray, that's why he was picked at 15.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2019, 11:42 AM   #219
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Old 05-12-2019, 12:41 PM   #220
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
What difference does it make if they are close? All Haskins as to do is perform. That is the only thing we should be concerned about. Whether or not him and the owner are buddies is totally irrelevant. Is he mastering the playbook? Is he working on his craft? Is he showing up on game day? These are the things that matter. Not some made up controversy by the Washington sports media.
Have you never had a boss who had a clear favorite? IF he plays at a high level and DS stays on the sideline it is not an issue. BUT the RG3 /KC drama is recent enough that we do not know that Snyder learned the lessons from that. I hope he did, but his infatuation with players has been well documented throughout his ownership.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2019, 02:09 PM   #221
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
It absolutely makes a difference.

It means if Haskins ever has a disagreement with Gruden, he can walk past Gruden's office and take his beef to Dan. It means it can undermine the respect other players have for Haskins if they know he's bff's with Dan.

The only player the quarterback needs to have a good relationship with is his coaches, as they are the ones who are going to put him in position to succeed. Not Doug Williams, not Bruce Allen, and especially not Dan Snyder.

Did you literally learn nothing from the RG3 fiasco?
Old 05-12-2019, 02:35 PM   #222
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It absolutely makes a difference.

It means if Haskins ever has a disagreement with Gruden, he can walk past Gruden's office and take his beef to Dan. It means it can undermine the respect other players have for Haskins if they know he's bff's with Dan.

The only player the quarterback needs to have a good relationship with is his coaches, as they are the ones who are going to put him in position to succeed. Not Doug Williams, not Bruce Allen, and especially not Dan Snyder.

Did you literally learn nothing from the RG3 fiasco?
Exactly! About the dumbest thing an owner can do is make the quarterback the teacher's pet.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:50 PM   #223
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

It's pretty simple: Owners should do ownership things, management should do management things, coaches should do coaching things, and players should do player things (accept coaching and execute the coaches plays/calls on the field).

If any of these things mix together, it's not good. A successful business needs structure/chain of command. A broken chain is a broken business/team.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:56 PM   #224
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
You guys are overthinking this way too much. Haskins was the best QB on our board after Murray, that's why he was picked at 15.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Have you seen the board?

Old 05-12-2019, 05:23 PM   #225
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Have you never had a boss who had a clear favorite? IF he plays at a high level and DS stays on the sideline it is not an issue. BUT the RG3 /KC drama is recent enough that we do not know that Snyder learned the lessons from that. I hope he did, but his infatuation with players has been well documented throughout his ownership.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
If Dwayne Haskins plays at a high level it doesn't matter if he has a good relationship, bad relationship, or no relationship at all with the owner. His relationship with the owner will have nothing to do with his success or the success of the team. RG3 didn't suck because of his relationship with DS. MS didn't get fired because of RG3 relationship with DS. Both of them are gone because they weren't good at their jobs.
Closed Thread