Broncos vs Skins Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #286
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Broncos vs Skins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Not sure myself or anybody is excusing anybody for their lack of execution. Obviously this is not a black and white issue. Hence my both team and coaches pull their heads out of their asses remarks. I do think that unless you have Manning under center or a team full of studs that playcalling is much more important. We have a team full of young players and alot of, well nearly expired ones playing important positions. Griff leads the O. Fletch leads the D. Our secondary, d-backs, rb, tightend, a coupe of wr's are all young. Very young. So Yes - Kyle, Haz, and Mike have to nurture them in game. They are not ready to stand alone like Peyton.
Also I am not an x's and o's guy but i do understand that the passing game opens up the run game. That is football 101. I never said we should have run Almo 100 times last nite or on 2nd and 18 or 3rd and 9. Im pointing to a few specific plays when the game was close that were crucial ones where imo we were better served trying to run it down their throats like we had already done.
I also don't think you're one of the people consistently banging the playcalling drum after every loss, to be clear. It's a large group, but you know the type: every loss is the fault of 1) QB 2) offensive playcaller 3) defensive playcaller 4) Vinny Cerrato. You know the type.

So here's the deal: our coaching staff doesn't do a very good job. The New England coaching staff does a really good job. I'm guessing there's no measurable difference between the playcalling acumen of their team and our team. The standings on the other hand...

Advertisements
Old 10-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #287
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Broncos vs Skins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I also don't think you're one of the people consistently banging the playcalling drum after every loss, to be clear. It's a large group, but you know the type: every loss is the fault of 1) QB 2) offensive playcaller 3) defensive playcaller 4) Vinny Cerrato. You know the type.

So here's the deal: our coaching staff doesn't do a very good job. The New England coaching staff does a really good job. I'm guessing there's no measurable difference between the playcalling acumen of their team and our team. The standings on the other hand...
They went 11-5 with matt cassell at qb. The coaches have to be doing something rite, necause matt cassell has done nada zip zilch elsewhere. That being said im not sure how they managed to make things work to the tune of 11-5 without catering (via -well- playcalling/gameplanning) to the hand they were dealt that year atleast a little more than alittle bit.
Listen like i said their is no black and white answer here and we just cannot compare apples to oranges. The ENTIRE team and coaching staff needs to figure things out. I think it may be time for one of Mikes motivational "elvaluation" speeches.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #288
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Meriweather went there.

Brandon Meriweather unloads on Brandon Marshall - chicagotribune.com

Says that guys that beat their gfs should be kicked out of the NFL too. lol damn dude, you that butthurt?

Also says that since he can't hit high, that means he has to hit low and potentially take out player's ACLs. Says he'd hate to end a guy's career but that's better than him getting repeatedly suspended.

lmao damn, Meriweather thugged out, booooiiiii.
I.agree with him
Old 10-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #289
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I.agree with him
I think there probably should be some sort of fining in place for off-field issues at the least, but Marshall has a documented history of mental illness and I think has that under control with medication. It's like not when Dez went off on his mother.

lol cheap shot by Meriweather but it is what it is.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #290
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
They went 11-5 with matt cassell at qb. The coaches have to be doing something rite, necause matt cassell has done nada zip zilch elsewhere. That being said im not sure how they managed to make things work to the tune of 11-5 without catering (via -well- playcalling/gameplanning) to the hand they were dealt that year atleast a little more than alittle bit.
Listen like i said their is no black and white answer here and we just cannot compare apples to oranges. The ENTIRE team and coaching staff needs to figure things out. I think it may be time for one of Mikes motivational "elvaluation" speeches.
Raising the existential question: who evaluates the evaluators?
Old 10-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #291
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

What I wonder about is, whatever happened to throwing screen passes to Helu? He is like a poor man's Larry Centers and it is what he does best, use his ass!! The Broncos scored 2 TD's on screens, I haven't seen any screens to Helu yet this season (well, maybe one).

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #292
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
They're going to go 11-5 this year with Brady playing worse than 2008 Cassel.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #293
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
They're going to go 11-5 this year with Brady playing worse than 2008 Cassel.
And with guys like us playing WR lol
Old 10-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #294
calia
Playmaker

Honestly, I would like just once this season to see this team play with attitude. Even when winning, there's no killer instict. Now all we're hearing in the post-game is about staying positive, believing in ourselves, getting better.

F that. How about going out and kicking the crap out of an opponent for a change? Get pissed off. Notice how when the Broncos got down, Peyton was patrolling the sidelines like a caged animal, itching to get back out and do some damage to our D? I don't see anyone on the Redskins sidelines just wanting to go out and level someone, except Merriweather (but let's not use his boneheaded tacking as a model), and D. Hall. Seriously, I know professional athletes shouldn't need motivation, but I swear this team seems unmotivated. Motivation keeps you moving in the right direction in the face of setbacks. Did anyone think we were going to win when Rocca shanked his punt? When the Broncos tied the game? Because I didn't. The team just looked like they were expecting to lose. And teams don't win games unexpectedly.

The collapse was a sorry as I can recall. 35 unanswered points? Are you kidding me? We have enough talent where no one should be able to do that. At the moment, I think D. Hall is the only one on this team who consistently plays with a chip on his shoulder.

That was one of the hardest things to watch I can recall. And this season has had 4 games that were pure pain to watch -- Philly, Green Bay, Dallas, and yesterday. I am not talking about heartbreaking losses -- I am talking about painful, embarassing, humiliating losses that make me hope my friends and relatives temporarily forget I am a Redskins fan.

Honestly, if they lay a turd on the field this weekend agains the Chargers (another flawed team), the pressure for masssive change will be big (bigger than now) and rightly so.
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #295
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
And with guys like us playing WR lol
Dont kid yourself.....i am no slouch on a three yard go route. I start breathing heavy at around four yards. Basically it is what kept me from gettin a scholarship.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #296
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Honestly, I would like just once this season to see this team play with attitude. Even when winning, there's no killer instict. Now all we're hearing in the post-game is about staying positive, believing in ourselves, getting better.

F that. How about going out and kicking the crap out of an opponent for a change? Get pissed off. Notice how when the Broncos got down, Peyton was patrolling the sidelines like a caged animal, itching to get back out and do some damage to our D? I don't see anyone on the Redskins sidelines just wanting to go out and level someone, except Merriweather (but let's not use his boneheaded tacking as a model), and D. Hall. Seriously, I know professional athletes shouldn't need motivation, but I swear this team seems unmotivated. Motivation keeps you moving in the right direction in the face of setbacks. Did anyone think we were going to win when Rocca shanked his punt? When the Broncos tied the game? Because I didn't. The team just looked like they were expecting to lose. And teams don't win games unexpectedly.

The collapse was a sorry as I can recall. 35 unanswered points? Are you kidding me? We have enough talent where no one should be able to do that. At the moment, I think D. Hall is the only one on this team who consistently plays with a chip on his shoulder.

That was one of the hardest things to watch I can recall. And this season has had 4 games that were pure pain to watch -- Philly, Green Bay, Dallas, and yesterday. I am not talking about heartbreaking losses -- I am talking about painful, embarassing, humiliating losses that make me hope my friends and relatives temporarily forget I am a Redskins fan.

Honestly, if they lay a turd on the field this weekend agains the Chargers (another flawed team), the pressure for masssive change will be big (bigger than now) and rightly so.
38 but who is counting.......
Old 10-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #297
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post

Winning cures all . We'll win next week
Old 10-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #298
Green Monk Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Winning cures all . We'll win next week
Hopefully. Sect 221 row 8 !!!
Green Monk Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #299
Sonny9TD

Griffin this year:
Griffin’s incompletions this season, including what they count as drops (17 of his 110 incompletions this season), poor throws (35) and passes defensed (37). There are also the eight balls that were intercepted, five hit at the line and 16 “other,” whatever that means.
Sonny9TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:23 AM   #300
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

On a positive note, David Amerson, Jordan Reed, and Bacarri Rambo all had good games against Denver. I think the Redskins have drafted well under Shanahan. Bodes well for the future, IMO.