Former Trump Administration Employees

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-09-2018, 09:19 PM   #46
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Former Trump Administration Employees

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Probably one of the most respected people in the administration, I wouldn't doubt if she's probably just burnt out on the job. I think she's setting herself up though, possibly to take Graham's seat if he joins the admin as AG. She might end up as Trump's running mate in 2020 the way she's handled herself.
I was thinking about her as the running mate too, i wouldnt be surprised if Pence doesnt run with him if a 2nd term remains an option. And i do think she may have burnt out, no doubt that has been an amazing and stressful job.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2018, 04:59 AM   #47
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Probably one of the most respected people in the administration, I wouldn't doubt if she's probably just burnt out on the job. I think she's setting herself up though, possibly to take Graham's seat if he joins the admin as AG. She might end up as Trump's running mate in 2020 the way she's handled herself.
? so how or why would trump dump Pence?Why would Pence not stay with his "gravy boat"?
Old 10-10-2018, 06:29 AM   #48
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
? so how or why would trump dump Pence?Why would Pence not stay with his "gravy boat"?
I'm sure Pence is happy but from Trump's perspective what does he contribute? It seems like Pence is just along for the ride. Plus Haley would help secure the female vote (at least those willing to ignore the constant woman-bashing of every woman he doesn't like).
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:32 PM   #49
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Pence served his purpose bring the right wing base of evangelicals. He needs a different angle for reelection.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:22 PM   #50
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Pence served his purpose bring the right wing base of evangelicals. He needs a different angle for reelection.
I would agree and go further and say that with the 2 SC appointees he has made the evangelicals support rock solid barring some crazy position flip, and a VP that brings in women or minorities effectively would be a bold, but clearly political, move.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:04 AM   #51
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Don McGahn departs as White House counsel, officials say

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...inity_20181018

The announcement by Trump about McGahn's planned departure came less than two weeks after The New York Times reported that McGahn had spent 30 hours talking with the special counsel Robert Mueller's team, which is investigating Russian interference with the 2016 presidential election and other matters.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:32 AM   #52
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Nikki Haley makes jokes that work:

Quote:
Here are 10 key lines from Haley's speech:
1. "A couple of weeks ago I had this great breakfast with Cardinal Dolan, and I asked him if there was anything I could do to really boost attendance. ... He said, 'Why don't you resign as UN ambassador?' You didn't tell me you were kidding!"
2. "Jeff Flake was going to be here, but he wanted to give the FBI a week to look into it."
3. "With all of our differences, there is still one thing that unites all 193 [UN member] countries. At one point, every single one of them was paying Paul Manafort."
4. "People always wonder if I felt different or isolated as an Indian-American growing up in rural South Carolina. Actually, there was a benefit. It totally prepared me for being a Republican in New York."
5. "I am still someone who gets very excited about Halloween, but in this toxic environment, even this causes political arguments. Bernie Sanders wants free candy for everyone. Mitch McConnell calls it a typical Democrat giveaway program. The President says its going to be the best Halloween ever -- nothing like it ever before, huge!"
6. "As a member of the UN delegation, I do have diplomatic immunity ... an exemption from prosecution, or as Mayor de Blasio calls it, a sanctuary city! Oh look, I got the mayor a drink up on stage -- no ice!"
7. "People ask me all the time what they should call me -- governor, ambassador, Nikki. You can call me anything, just don't call me anonymous."
8. "I saw Jeff Sessions earlier today -- not in New York. I saw him on LinkedIn looking for a job. Actually, we both were."
9. "I saw when recently [President Barack Obama] said that we're not supposed to use the FBI or the Justice Department to punish political enemies. Comey, McCabe and Strzok said, now you tell us! Turns out what President Obama meant to say -- 'That's what we use the IRS for.'"
10. "The President got really mad about Woodward's book, really mad. The book compared him to a fifth grader. A lot of Democrats seized on that, until they realized, they got beat by a fifth grader."
Old 10-19-2018, 04:53 PM   #53
Giantone
Gamebreaker

A lot O truth in it.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:09 PM   #54
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Anyone wanna bet it's someone who trump thinks will save his ass now that he lost the House!

Bye bye, Jeff Sessions !

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/atto...ry?id=59037350

"At your request, I am submitting my resignation," Sessions wrote in an undated letter to the president.

"Since the day I was honored to be sworn in as Attorney General of the United States, I came to work at the Department of Jusitce every day determined to do my duty and serve my country," Sessions wrote. "I have done so to the best of my ability, working to support the fundamental legal processes that are the foundation of justice."
Old 11-07-2018, 05:32 PM   #55
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

So uh, what's the official non-Russian reason Trump wanted Sessions gone?
Old 11-08-2018, 05:13 AM   #56
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
So uh, what's the official non-Russian reason Trump wanted Sessions gone?
The guy he replaced him with will stop Mueller .

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/polit...obe/index.html

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...its-to-mueller

https://www.dailylocal.com/news/nati...666a2037e.html
Old 11-08-2018, 06:11 AM   #57
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Whoa whoa, I said non-Russian reason.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:37 AM   #58
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Oops ,...........my bad .

Ahhhh, he doesn't like Stormy Daniels! ..............what do I win?
Old 11-08-2018, 07:46 AM   #59
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Oops ,...........my bad .

Ahhhh, he doesn't like Stormy Daniels! ..............what do I win?

Stormy Daniels is the only person he ever hired who is actually qualified to do their job!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:15 PM   #60
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Trumps is getting nervous.....

Last edited by Giantone; 12-20-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote