12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #17
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Wizards Songaila Suspended For Tonight's Game

Wizards Insider

Quote:
UPDATE: According to a league source, the NBA was close to suspending DeShawn Stevenson after Stevenson hit James in the head with an elbow while trying to block a shot during Game 4. Instead, the league warned the Wizards that if any player made contact to James's head or face it would lead to an automatic suspension.
Coming soon to a report near you. The NBA has announced that anyone who tries to stop Lebron James using any physical contact, including trying to box him out, not letting him travel to the rim, touching him in any manner, coming within one foot of his body, will result in an automatic ejection and subsequent suspension. The NBA released this statement on the matter. "Lebron James is the face of the NBA. If he looks bad, we look bad. Therefore, we cannot allow him to look bad, which is one of the reasons we made this rule. Another reason we made this rule is to hopefully give Cleveland a little more momentum so they can win the championship this year. If Lebron doesn't get a ring, then people will start thinking he's not so great, and we can't allow that to happen."
Old 05-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #18
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Wizards Insider

Coming soon to a report near you. The NBA has announced that anyone who tries to stop Lebron James using any physical contact, including trying to box him out, not letting him travel to the rim, touching him in any manner, coming within one foot of his body, will result in an automatic ejection and subsequent suspension. The NBA released this statement on the matter. "Lebron James is the face of the NBA. If he looks bad, we look bad. Therefore, we cannot allow him to look bad, which is one of the reasons we made this rule. Another reason we made this rule is to hopefully give Cleveland a little more momentum so they can win the championship this year. If Lebron doesn't get a ring, then people will start thinking he's not so great, and we can't allow that to happen."
I'm speechless. I hope someone takes a cheap foul tonight.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #19
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

They just need to go out there and win tonight, simple as that. No excuses, just win.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #20
FRPLG
MVP

Cleveland might have some motivation to keep the game close now if they are winning. If they get a huge lead is there any doubt that Brendan "Don't call me Brenda anymore" Haywood might end James' season? I can see a serious flagrant coming.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #21
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
They just need to go out there and win tonight, simple as that. No excuses, just win.
SS, I appreciate your unbias position, but seriously the refs are getting out of control and kissing LeBron's ass. I don't know how Stu Jackson sleeps at night knowing his decisions are near fixing games. Sure his paycheck helps, but what a is man without his pride? A bitch.