Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

We should stay away from Bradford

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-15-2010, 08:02 PM   #31
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Re: We should stay away from a QB with the number 4 pick

I think we should stay away from Bradford, not because i think hes a poor QB or anything, but because i think the needs on the oline are just too great to ignore. I also think that putting any qb behind our oline at this point will get him killed and maybe hurt his psychy. If we want to get one next year with a top 10 pick (which is likely as of right now) im cool with that. If we want to trade for some qb and give a lot away to get him because he really is that good im cool with that. But to draft a QB number 4 over all when we have a greater need at protecting whatever QB lines up behind center. That combined with that fact i view Campbell as very serviceable QB makes it a no-brainer to me.

I honestly have never been good at evaluating qb's so maybe Bradford is that next great QB. Who knows. But i do know that a couple supposed next great QB's are taken as a top 10 pick every year, so why not just wait till next year. I changed my the tile in my response to reflect this.

Also OP: Im with you on starting a new thread to discuss specific issues on highly discussed topics (albeit in few threads). I personally dont like scrolling through tons of pages to hear repeated thoughts about things varying widely from the original topic. But i guess it is why some people like the warpath over some of the other forums. Just go to one of the multiple other forums to tailor your needs. No reason to flip out just keep it on topic........

Advertisements
Old 03-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #32
murphy196
Special Teams

Re: We should stay away from Bradford

I will have to agree. I don't see anything wrong with this thread, if you don't like it or you don't want it around, then don't acknowledge it and it will go away. Yes, there are 20 other threads on here about it, but who in the hell wants to read through all of that crap? Anyway, I agree that Bradford isn't the answer for the Skins, he will be hurt very quickly if he gets the start. I also don't have any confidence in a QB that ran a spread offense in college.
murphy196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #33
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Re: We should stay away from a QB with the number 4 pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I think we should stay away from Bradford, not because i think hes a poor QB or anything, but because i think the needs on the oline are just too great to ignore. I also think that putting any qb behind our oline at this point will get him killed and maybe hurt his psychy. If we want to get one next year with a top 10 pick (which is likely as of right now) im cool with that. If we want to trade for some qb and give a lot away to get him because he really is that good im cool with that. But to draft a QB number 4 over all when we have a greater need at protecting whatever QB lines up behind center. That combined with that fact i view Campbell as very serviceable QB makes it a no-brainer to me.

I honestly have never been good at evaluating qb's so maybe Bradford is that next great QB. Who knows. But i do know that a couple supposed next great QB's are taken as a top 10 pick every year, so why not just wait till next year. I changed my the tile in my response to reflect this.

Also OP: Im with you on starting a new thread to discuss specific issues on highly discusses (albeit in few threads). I personally dont like scrolling through tons of pages to hear repeated thoughts about things varying widely from the original topic. But i guess why some people like the warpath over some of the other forums. Just go to multiple forums to tailor your needs. No reason to flip out just keep it on topic........

Well said, we need OL it's amazing to me how people screamed our OL sucked & are now screaming get a QB. Look at our draft record we haven't really addressed the OL in years.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #34
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Good points...Bradford may be a good QB, I just don't think he's right for the Skins at the moment. I'd rather have a LT that can start right away, instead of a top 5 QB that's going to sit on the bench.

I'm ok with the Redskins taking Bradford if that's what Shanny/Allen think needs to happen. I wonder if they Bradford camp would be fine if we took Okung.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:23 PM   #35
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
There is no reason to be rude. I don't know what's wrong with you guys but many of you aren't showing a lot of class right now. If you guys don't want to discuss this with me then do what's in your heart and not ignore the thread. If you disagree with me then can sumbit your opinion respectfully. There is absolutely no reason to rude to fellow Skins fan that wants to best for the team just like you do.
Rude? Where was I rude? Can somebody tell me where I was rude?

I suggested the search function be used. I used the search for you. I stated why I thought you were mistaken on a couple of points, and the thread is still open isn't it? Truthfully, I don't have a problem with this thread but don't say you couldn't find any discussion on Bradford
Old 03-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #36
wilsowilso

I don't think we should draft OL Davis from Rutgers. He is a top rated tackle according to many of the most well known draft experts. I know that we need a franchise left tackle, but I'm just not sure about the guy. He has character concerns. He isn't known as a hard worker. He had a piss poor combine. He gets beaten badly by marginal players in the game video I have watched on him, video that is widely available for anyone to watch on the internet. He looks lazy on the field.

Is my opinion NEW thread worthy?

Nope.

Like it has been pointed out already there are a bunch of threads discussing the draft and the particular prospects that the team might choose from.

Nothing wrong with the OP expressing an opinion about a top prospect, but just because you want to discuss something that is on your mind doesn't allow you to disregard rules and requirements for starting NEW threads.

No big deal, but you're getting called out on it. Every time.

Also you base your whole opinion on this argument that the "injury" to Bradford is "worse than reported." You base this medical assessement on what exactly?

Something "just tells me it's worse" doesn't cut it.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #37
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Rude? Where was I rude? Can somebody tell me where I was rude?

I suggested the search function be used. I used the search for you. I stated why I thought you were mistaken on a couple of points, and the thread is still open isn't it? Truthfully, I don't have a problem with this thread but don't say you couldn't find any discussion on Bradford

Smooty you were rude and disrespectful, wait that came out wrong I mean you were informative and helpful

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #38
12thMan
MVP

If there's anything the draft has proven with 100% certainty is that it's all a crap shoot. Especially when it comes to quarterbacks and wide receivers in the first round.

If I'm the Skins, I take Okung and hope there's still some gem at QB in one of the later rounds. Your GM prowess isn't proven in the first and second rounds. It's proven, I would say, in rounds 3-7. Let's see what Allen and Co. really have. Play it safe, draft Okung and if Jason Campbell doesn't work out this year, at least you have a quality tackle going into his second year with the team. At least you have began the process of building a dominant offensive line.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #39
SkinEmAll
Special Teams

holy crap
SkinEmAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #40
GusFrerotte

I was against getting Bradford on the account of his being on a powerful team that to me, with the exception of a couple of games, played clearly inferior opponents most of the year in a conference not known for defense. THat being said, one thing other than arm strength that I want in a franchise guy for the SKins is a guy with a brain. Bradford scored a 36 on his Wonderlic test. Clausen only scored 23, and Tebow a 22. I would like to see what Stull and Kafka scored on theirs as both of their schools(Pitt and Northwestern) usually have some of the highest academic standards for athletes around.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #41
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I want CJ "Perfect 10" Spiller
Old 03-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #42
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
I was against getting Bradford on the account of his being on a powerful team that to me, with the exception of a couple of games, played clearly inferior opponents most of the year in a conference not known for defense. THat being said, one thing other than arm strength that I want in a franchise guy for the SKins is a guy with a brain. Bradford scored a 36 on his Wonderlic test. Clausen only scored 23, and Tebow a 22. I would like to see what Stull and Kafka scored on theirs as both of their schools(Pitt and Northwestern) usually have some of the highest academic standards for athletes around.
For what it's worth, I think Dan Marino scored something like 15 on his Wonderlic. Just saying.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #43
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I want CJ "Perfect 10" Spiller
You'd take him at number 4?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #44
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
If there's anything the draft has proven with 100% certainty is that it's all a crap shoot. Especially when it comes to quarterbacks and wide receivers in the first round.

If I'm the Skins, I take Okung and hope there's still some gem at QB in one of the later rounds. Your GM prowess isn't proven in the first and second rounds. It's proven, I would say, in rounds 3-7. Let's see what Allen and Co. really have. Play it safe, draft Okung and if Jason Campbell doesn't work out this year, at least you have a quality tackle going into his second year with the team. At least you have began the process of building a dominant offensive line.

I agree, I am warming on Bradford if we do in fact take him, But if I am GM our first two picks are OL. This is going to be a "buyers market" for QBs this draft. Over a dozen really good college QBs coming out. Stull, Crompton, Kafka, Brown, Locker, Snead, with many more that probably won't be drafted like Sheehan, and Elliot. WE can wait for a potential franchise QB I think, or even wait a year or two to see how Mallet develops at Arkansas.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #45
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
For what it's worth, I think Dan Marino scored something like 15 on his Wonderlic. Just saying.

I doubt that. That is very low. He probably blew it off like Clausen and co. Shoot didn't JC get like 17. I think some of these guys just screw around with it.