Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: If you owned the team would you have signed Reuben Foster?
Yes 16 35.56%
No 29 64.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2018, 08:44 AM   #61
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Bottom line is Kaep turned himself into kryptonite. I'm not trying to say anything about the merits of his kneeling but teams just didn't want to be bothered with him and his protesting. Too much of a distraction from a player who wasn't enough of a superstar to make all the noise he brought with him worth it.

Well exactly. But I think the point some are making is domestic violence and child abuse are much more kryptonic than protest. Or in this case they are not. Which is what the problem is.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-28-2018, 08:51 AM   #62
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Is RF any good? Seems like he was hurt all the time.
He’s pretty damn good, watched him here in SF. However, if a video surfaces like the Ray Rice incident he would be toast.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:52 AM   #63
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Bob Papa said this looks like a desperation move by the skins FO, Meaning they know if things go south like they appear, guys will lose jobs. Most are clowning the skins after this move but IMO I think it's a easy decision. If he can't play no harm is done and if he can play he may be a good addition.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:01 AM   #64
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
If you didn’t bail after Peterson was signed spare us with your disgust now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That´s why I bailed. I am free to all the disgust I want! BWAHAHAHA
TheGuyFromOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:02 AM   #65
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
IMO, the main reason the Skins (or any team for that matter) didn't consider Kaep is because he hasn't taken a snap in two years. He's been out of the league too long now.
He also has a laundry list of things he did other than kneeling for the flag. Wore socks to practice that depicted police as pigs. Made internet posts comparing cops to runaway slave catchers. He praised Fidel Castro and wore a shirt with his likeness.

He also did football related things teams would not like. He switched to a vegan diet without professional supervision losing an overly excessive amount of muscle mass while recovering from surgery. He dated a teammates ex who may not even be an ex at the time that caused them to almost come to blows and some supposed damage to Kap's car. That guy was Aldon Smith, some of Smith's issues could have been tied to Kap. He was also aloof and kept mostly to himself, he did not interact with teammates like a leader should. He also worked hard in areas he was already good at, running and strength, and would not put in the extra work where he was deficient. If you want more study film on his play. He flees the pocket early, never gets past a second read and locks on receivers. He is extremely poor at reading defenses.
His early successes were from mostly his running, he steadily went downhill after his initial success. He has been out of football 2 years and is 3-16 the last two seasons he played.

Last edited by Buffalo Bob; 11-28-2018 at 09:18 AM.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:04 AM   #66
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

If the Pats, Rams, etc...the spin is good, safe, lil risk move.

Its the Skins so this is classless organization.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:08 AM   #67
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Sanchez was with the Bears last year. He didn't play in a game but he was on a team and practicing. Kaep wasn't.

Hmmm...

On March 23, 2017, Sanchez signed a one-year contract with the Chicago Bears.[120] The Bears had noted the "positive influence" Sanchez had as a mentor to rookie quarterback Dak Prescott and looked for him to play a similar role in the development of rookie Mitchell Trubisky.[121] On May 30, 2017, Sanchez suffered a small knee injury in his left knee. He missed the remainder of OTA's and the minicamp. In response, the Bears rescinded the waiver request to Connor Shaw following the injury to Sanchez.[122] Sanchez made the Bears' final roster third on the quarterback depth chart behind Trubisky and Mike Glennon, but did not play at all in 2017.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:48 AM   #68
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I'm still in "wait and see" mode on this, but not a fan initially. It's like the Redskins said, "Hey, it's POSSIBLE this guy might be absolved of any wrongdoing, so let's just take a chance on a potential piece of shit." Ehh, if all charges are dropped (not filed?) then it sits a little better, but man this isn't even a second chance, more like a fifth?
Old 11-28-2018, 09:57 AM   #69
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Twitter post from Chris Russel:

To add to this from last night: Told this morning that key personnel people AND some important assistant coaches are not on board with acquisition of Foster. What matters? Jay Gruden, Bruce Allen & Dan Snyder approved it. #Redskins”

Fuck this team. Gruden sucks as a coach, Bruce Allen is worthless garbage, and Snyder is the worse owner in sports. Pure filth. A disgrace to people like Joe Gibbs

5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #70
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If the Pats, Rams, etc...the spin is good, safe, lil risk move.

Its the Skins so this is classless organization.
Totally agree. American culture is now a culture of instant outrage. The bigger issue to me is that the Skins have put themselves is the position of being looked at through that lens.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #71
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post

To add to this from last night: Told this morning that key personnel people AND some important assistant coaches are not on board with acquisition of Foster. What matters? Jay Gruden, Bruce Allen & Dan Snyder approved it. #Redskins”

Fuck this team. Gruden sucks as a coach, Bruce Allen is worthless garbage, and Snyder is the worse owner in sports. Pure filth. A disgrace to people like Joe Gibbs

Again it's because Jay knows he's on the hot seat and he has to win or else its over.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:02 AM   #72
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Hmmm...

On March 23, 2017, Sanchez signed a one-year contract with the Chicago Bears.[120] The Bears had noted the "positive influence" Sanchez had as a mentor to rookie quarterback Dak Prescott and looked for him to play a similar role in the development of rookie Mitchell Trubisky.[121] On May 30, 2017, Sanchez suffered a small knee injury in his left knee. He missed the remainder of OTA's and the minicamp. In response, the Bears rescinded the waiver request to Connor Shaw following the injury to Sanchez.[122] Sanchez made the Bears' final roster third on the quarterback depth chart behind Trubisky and Mike Glennon, but did not play at all in 2017.
The last sentence is what I said. Thanks.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #73
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post

Well that is what really matters in any business right? If the bosses think something is best that is the way it rolls.

I am an innocent till proven guilty kind of guy so I will wait and see before throwing the team under the bus.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:06 AM   #74
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Again it's because Jay knows he's on the hot seat and he has to win or else its over.

Will signing a suspended player is going to do nothing to help

5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:07 AM   #75
MTK
\m/

I'm sure there are plenty of moves that are made around the league where not everyone in the FO is "on board with it". Non issue.