Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Welcome to the new Fringes of Football Forum

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Summo
The Bringer of Digital Bling

Welcome to the new Fringes of Football Forum

This forums main objective is to discuss football from the fringes of the sport. What am I talking about? Are you the type that notices the most minute of details while watching a game? Do you have an obscure collection of some football related items that you care to share with the world? Are you the creative type that does arts and crafts centered around Football? Maybe you have an abstract idea to make the game safer, than this is the place to post it. I will personally moderate this forum and will post new threads and subjects to spur conversations other then the usually run of the mill subjects like firing the coach after every loss. Enjoy

Visit my Socials: Twitter: @summo13 IGram:@summo13art
Summo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Welcome to the new Fringes of Football Forum

Great idea Summo and Matty.

Move all name change threads here!

The Locker Room has been insane this season. The regular season feels like the off-season in there.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

As football becomes more soft, should the league integrate the cheerleaders more in the game? Somehow, maybe as wrestling did with women around the ring as more possisions...? Or is that too much like mad max thunderdom-ish? I want to see more cheerleaders some how...you always see them, but not enough, but you never hear them(which is kinda a positive)...should they have more of an active role?

Im sorry, is this the right forum?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
Summo
The Bringer of Digital Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
As football becomes more soft, should the league integrate the cheerleaders more in the game? Somehow, maybe as wrestling did with women around the ring as more possisions...? Or is that too much like mad max thunderdom-ish? I want to see more cheerleaders some how...you always see them, but not enough, but you never hear them(which is kinda a positive)...should they have more of an active role?

Im sorry, is this the right forum?
You're in the right place my fine sir. And yes those are some good ideas, better to watch the cheer leaders do their thing and get a rise out of us rather then the team letting us down if you know what I mean.

Visit my Socials: Twitter: @summo13 IGram:@summo13art
Summo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Televised halftime dances.

I don't need to listen to Terry Bradshaw in the intermission and the scores are always at the bottom of the screen, so I already know them.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
Monkeydad
Living Legend

This section is now the Cheerleader section of the forum.

(abs!)

Old 10-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
donofriose
The Starter

One thing about making the game safer that i would be interesting in seeing which I do not understand why they haven't tried this, is making wrapping up mandatory. If any of you played or follow rugby, they made wrapping up and all tackles below the neck a rule, and concussions were reduced. They haven't been eliminated (I just got one from playing this past weekend) because you can't completely eliminate injuries from contact sports, but wrapping up is a lot safer than throwing your body into someone.

Plus I hate watching the terrible tackling in the NFL. The Denver vs Dallas game almost made me stop watching football.

Just a thought.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #8
Green Monk Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
One thing about making the game safer that i would be interesting in seeing which I do not understand why they haven't tried this, is making wrapping up mandatory. If any of you played or follow rugby, they made wrapping up and all tackles below the neck a rule, and concussions were reduced. They haven't been eliminated (I just got one from playing this past weekend) because you can't completely eliminate injuries from contact sports, but wrapping up is a lot safer than throwing your body into someone.

Plus I hate watching the terrible tackling in the NFL. The Denver vs Dallas game almost made me stop watching football.

Just a thought.
Hmmm. What would you do if people didn't wrap up? I like the perspective results but I'm not sure how it would be enforced and the Offensive advantage.

Its like you said, its a contact sport and cant eliminate injuries.
I think they should revert back to older ways.
1. Contact beyond 5 yards. Art Monk and the players would get mugged, yet they still produced. Nowadays too many records are getting broken b/c its one sided.
2. While this hasn't been done, blow the whistle earlier. Each game has delayed whistles and guys could get hurt. But that does take away from reviewable plays and fumbles but so what, we lose pile up strips but at least we could rely on big lights out hitting for fumbles (which is also, why the old way of football reigns supreme. Let concussions happen and crack down on PED's).
3. More of MonkeyDad's Cheerleaders!
4. This game just cant be changed to be safe, its popularity was built on hitting, there are ways to deter hitting- Fines to players/Teams, Suspensions, Banning, explore total illegal hits to reduce draft picks, but it has to be reverted that a "Defenseless Receiver" is a crock. The WR is trying to win and make the other team lose, in that, he is offensive. Between the lines, hitting is legal, make "Real" helmet to helmet spearing illegal ( I hate to let it go) and take away dirty knee hitting like they have chop blocks 2 a guy being doubled. Make better QB choices when choosing QB's who will be throwing. The rules are aimed to protect QB's, lets have a decade to explore.

Maybe more wishful thinking but the league is $9 Billion and growing. Protect the players under the old ways of playing, pay more for their retirement and health bills, pay into brain research and helmet safety technology, keep PED's out the game. The recent deal was bullshit. How do they take the NFL deal? Players lost big time.

I'd rather watch NCAA than a softer NFL.
Green Monk Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #9
scowan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post

Just a thought.
Can you copy this and paste it into an email to Brandon Merriweather?
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:44 PM   #10
mitch e
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
Can you copy this and paste it into an email to Brandon Merriweather?
they should remove the face masks, they would stop leading with the helmet.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

One thing that is bothersome regarding the safety issue is at the youth league, high school, middle school. We just had a second player die on the practice field this year yesterday: New Kent high school football player dies after collapse at practice | WTVR.com

The other one died about a month ago. I have a regular hook up and she refuses to let her 12 year old play youth football. She made that decision this pass year. So it starting to affect the youth league and if that happens, it would have a significant impact to the league. You know the media blows stuff up and this is a hot topic.

NFL has a lot of work to do with safety, ashame they waited so long to approach it.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #12
over the mountain
Playmaker

Old 05-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #13
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Why?!?! On so many levels, why?
Old 05-12-2014, 02:02 PM   #14
over the mountain
Playmaker

i thought this is the thread where ppl post artistic looking photos of football. this isnt that thread is it?

FFS and this is the first time in my GD life i actually posted a pic successfully ....
Old 05-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #15
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Cheerleaders are just like puppies......(sort of)
Makes you want to take one home
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote