Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 11:39 AM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Dwayne Haskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
RG3's problem is that he couldn't read NFL defenses and he never could play at the NFL level. Haskins needs experience and can get it best by playing. I just don't see how Haskins is going to learn a lot from watching Keenum or McCoy play. A compromise is to let Case play for 5-6 games then put Haskins in to finish out the season.

If Haskins wins out the preseason competition I just don't see how you can hold him back simply because he may get hurt.
He's not going to learn much behind those 2 avg QBs, its not like he's sitting behind a proven starter, (Cousins)
Old 05-06-2019, 11:51 AM   #2
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He's not going to learn much behind those 2 avg QBs, its not like he's sitting behind a proven starter, (Cousins)
Mahomes learned from Smith for a year, yeah I know Smith won't be playing but I guarantee they'll want Haskins doing the same thing, even if Keenum starts for a bit. Keenum didn't make it this far on his athletic ability, it's his work ethic that keeps getting him opportunities.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:35 PM   #3
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
You would be surprised how much wealth of knowledge can be obtained from guys like Case Keenum and Alex Smith. And yes, I'd even say Colt McCoy to a lesser extent. I don't see a need for Haskins to be thrown into the fire unless he clearly beats out the other guys for the starting job.

It's not like he's coming onto the scene with John Beck and enter no-name quarterback as the backup. He's got some guys around him who can help build him up. Gruden is pretty good with quarterbacks, and he's got some former quarterbacks as coaches who can help further develop him. I think Haskins will be OK.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:45 PM   #4
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
You would be surprised how much wealth of knowledge can be obtained from guys like Case Keenum and Alex Smith. And yes, I'd even say Colt McCoy to a lesser extent. I don't see a need for Haskins to be thrown into the fire unless he clearly beats out the other guys for the starting job.

It's not like he's coming onto the scene with John Beck and enter no-name quarterback as the backup. He's got some guys around him who can help build him up. Gruden is pretty good with quarterbacks, and he's got some former quarterbacks as coaches who can help further develop him. I think Haskins will be OK.
O I think he can learn either way and I believe he will be fine either way but I'd rather have him start day 1 if he proves it in the Pre Season
Closed Thread