Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2005, 10:02 PM   #17
monk81
The Starter

Re: Coles refusing to rework contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
monk91:

Oh, but he can have both but not at the same time. All he has to do is to stay here and keep his money in his pocket. Then his toe has to flare up just as training camp begins and not get better. (Do the names Barrow and Arrington ring any bells with you?) Then he goes into the next off-season with a big cap number staring the team in the face and a receiver with a sore - but well rested toe. And he says again next year that he wants out...

How much would he cost the Skins as a part time WR who maybe has to go on IR? See, he knows that number too and he knows that if he sits on that number, that will make Danny Boy's free agency whirlwind circus a lot more constrained than Danny Boy wants it to be.

BTW, Coles does not want to be traded; he wants to be released as an unrestricted free agent. It's the Skins that want to trade him and he says he won't give them any bonus money unless he's released. Maybe he doesn't trust Danny Boy to make a trade that he (Coles) will like. I wouldn't. And since all I have to do to keep collecting some heavy bread is to show up for a few meetings until training camp starts in July, I can tell them what I want and not settle for much of anything less than that.
That was my mistake.....your correct, he does not want to be traded......he wants to be released. Yes he can play the IR game and he has the toe to do it. BUT if he sits on the bench and uses his toe as an excuse....won't it make teams gun shy about signing him since his that the toe is already a concern????
monk81 is offline   Reply With Quote