Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2005, 03:12 AM   #38
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: Pierce Expected to Become UFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshane
With the mess with Coles, this is what can happen when you don't sign "all for one and one for all" team players, and instead shoot for all the big star signings. Fortunately, in the Gibbs era, we have changed our philosophy. However, we are still in transition and it takes time to restructure your team.
coles was signed cause spurrier needed a flashy WR, and he got one... the only "problem" was that coles wasn't signed for gibbs, he was inherited from a VERY different system... you can't say he's not a team player or hard worker though, he's just not happy that A) its not a pass first offense and B) they lost a lot of games.... i bet if only one of those two things happened last year he'd be fine with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boshog
I was riding right along with you two guys. Until we hit the Bailey-Smoot-comparison speed bump.
all i know about champ is that i watched 3-4 denver games last year and he looked TERRIBLE in all of them... kept falling down and getting burned. The only reason he had soo many tackles is cause he LET HIS GUY CATCH THE BALL ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54
Gibbs was always a Coach who dug through the scrap heap and found guys like Doug Williams and Earnest Byner. They would draft guys in the 9th round (Jacobey) and turn them into amazing players.

Joe Gibbs always finds himself falling into hog shit and coming out smelling like a rose. I'm keeping the faith.
Actually, gibbs had a REALLY good GM finding those players for him. Right now he's got the influence of vinny, danny, williams and his own judgement (brunell :P)... of which i'd honestly trust williams the most. The problem is we could use a really good GM... First you've got to see what you're system is, then find the players to fill it... Mr. B mentioned that the biggest problem he had was knowing when to say "that player is really good and going to be a star, but he's not the right guy for our system"...
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote