Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

B Lloyd - I'm starting to despise this worthless piece of trash

Thread Hell

Old 08-14-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
dmek25
MVP

Re: B Lloyd - I'm starting to despise this worthless piece of trash

yeah, bryant made an apology the same year he was playing for a contract. really heart felt ill bet. you guys need a world of help and what does your front office do? yup, draft a friggin tight end. granted davis is a monster, but you had alot of other pressing needs that could of been addressed by trading down. sooner or later your going to have to get some offensive lineman to keep smith upright. and not 75 year old lineman like larry allen
Old 08-14-2006, 07:37 PM   #2
Rexi
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
yeah, bryant made an apology the same year he was playing for a contract. really heart felt ill bet. you guys need a world of help and what does your front office do? yup, draft a friggin tight end. granted davis is a monster, but you had alot of other pressing needs that could of been addressed by trading down. sooner or later your going to have to get some offensive lineman to keep smith upright. and not 75 year old lineman like larry allen
I am a firm believer that you use the best player available philosophy when aproaching the draft. Vernon Davis was the best TE and the best WR available and Smith needs all the targets he can get.

We have a pretty solid offensive line as it is IMO. LT Jonas Jennings is a mauler when healthy. LG Larry Allen's best years are behind him but those who think that Allen isn't still a premiere Guard are kidding themselves. He makes this whole line better simply by being here and spreading the nasty streak he plays with around. Oh yeah and he can still throw around some of the leagues best defensive linemen. C Jeremy Newberry is forced to retire due to injury, however Nolan was prepared for this and named Eric Heitmann a very intelligent and talented veteran the starter until Newberry could practice. RG Justin Smiley is one of the leagues most up and coming guards, but now will have to improve his drive blocking in Turner's new scheme. At RT the disappointing so far Kwame Harris is battling the versatile Adam Snyder for the job. Reports so far have stated that Harris is holding his own so far and is looking much improved. Depth like Snyder and G David Bass is hard to come by. So, while our line is young there is no denying the talent and potential this unit has. In fridays game, the line held its own against the Bears defense ranked #2 overall last year (#1 in points allowed) as no 49er QB was touched all night.

From the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
As to your first point, I'm not sure what you are getting at. Why do you think Lloyd ducked his head?

Lloyd ducked his head because he didnt want to get hit over the middle, why else would a WR duck when a ball was thrown his way besides fear?

Quote:
Your second point is somewhat reasonable. At least you admit that your receiving corps was bad last year. Who, besides Bryant, have the 49ers added at wideout?
We added the Bryan Gilmore from Miami, who our WR Coach Jerry Sullivan takes everywhere he coaches. He is the fastest player on the team and catches a nice deep ball. With the 1st pick we got for Lloyd we took Brandon Williams out of Wisconsin in the 3rd, another speedy receiver who has is said to be rather elusive. He will also handle the KR/PR duties as Rasheed Marshall's conversion from QB to WR/KR/PR hasn't seemed to work out. And of course lets not forget Vernon Davis who will be split out wide a considerable amount of time.

Quote:
I still strongly disagree with your last point. Are you really saying that Brandon Lloyd intentionally slowed down to make a leaping catch instead of running one in for a touchdown? You really can't be serious.
I am serious, it's what he did. He did it time and time again when he was in SF, he is just afraid of contact.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:53 PM   #3
Pocket$ $traight

If Lloyd was afraid of contact why would he leap 3 feet in the air and extend one arm as high as he could to catch a ball with a safety and cornerback 6 inches away. Seems to contradict your "point" Rexi. Don't worry, Taylor Jacobs makes plays like that all the time HA HA HA HA

(Note: No team will ever need a safety and corner to cover Jacobs)
Old 08-14-2006, 10:07 PM   #4
Rexi
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
If Lloyd was afraid of contact why would he leap 3 feet in the air and extend one arm as high as he could to catch a ball with a safety and cornerback 6 inches away. Seems to contradict your "point" Rexi. Don't worry, Taylor Jacobs makes plays like that all the time HA HA HA HA

(Note: No team will ever need a safety and corner to cover Jacobs)
He never makes a high light catch when the CB has a chance to hit him, or over the middle. that's why you don't see Lloyd getting creamed all the time like you would if he made the made the same effort to catch every ball thrown his way.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:13 PM   #5
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexi View Post
He never makes a high light catch when the CB has a chance to hit him, or over the middle. that's why you don't see Lloyd getting creamed all the time like you would if he made the made the same effort to catch every ball thrown his way.
You make absolutely no sense. You don't think a wide receiver is expecting to get hit if they fully extend with a corner and a safety all over them? That play was pretty much in the middle of the field. Rexi. Face it, your points are all wrong and now you get to watch Antonio "Melanoma" Bryant and Taylor "Training Room" Jacobs.

I saw that Antonio Bryant made the play of the day in practice. Hmm, why do I think that was probably Walt Harris covering him...
Old 08-14-2006, 10:26 PM   #6
Rexi
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
You make absolutely no sense. You don't think a wide receiver is expecting to get hit if they fully extend with a corner and a safety all over them? That play was pretty much in the middle of the field. Rexi. Face it, your points are all wrong and now you get to watch Antonio "Melanoma" Bryant and Taylor "Training Room" Jacobs.

I saw that Antonio Bryant made the play of the day in practice. Hmm, why do I think that was probably Walt Harris covering him...
Again with the comparison of Bryant and Lloyd. Comparing these two dont help me take you seriously which I am trying very hard to do right now. Bryant>Lloyd. Bryant is a big, physical WR who will actually run a slant over the middle, break some tackles, and get some YAC. Lloyd has yet to do any of those things. He is a red zone weapon at best because of his jumping ability but you could get that from any tall TE with mediocre pass catching skills.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:38 PM   #7
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexi View Post
Again with the comparison of Bryant and Lloyd. Comparing these two dont help me take you seriously which I am trying very hard to do right now. Bryant>Lloyd. Bryant is a big, physical WR who will actually run a slant over the middle, break some tackles, and get some YAC. Lloyd has yet to do any of those things. He is a red zone weapon at best because of his jumping ability but you could get that from any tall TE with mediocre pass catching skills.
I am glad that you are trying to take me seriously. Everything that you post makes me laugh. So Brandon Lloyd is essentially a "tall TE with mediocre catching skills". (My vote for most absurd football post ever) Have you ever watched the game?

Rexi, I thought that Cowboys fans were unreasonable. Your posts and views on the game are borderline fantasy. Your points make Randy Cross and Collinsworth look like scholars.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:55 PM   #8
dgack
The Starter

My favorite part of this thread was when I dug up the game and season log from Rexi's famous GIF of him "running away from the ball" during a Jets game two years ago and posted the stats. Crickets chirping. Crickets.

Why? Because numbers don't lie.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:16 PM   #9
Rexi
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
My favorite part of this thread was when I dug up the game and season log from Rexi's famous GIF of him "running away from the ball" during a Jets game two years ago and posted the stats. Crickets chirping. Crickets.

Why? Because numbers don't lie.
bah, he just strung enough circus grabs together to make that his best game that year. The stats don't show effort guys.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:26 PM   #10
illdefined
Playmaker

all our questions should be answered by week 3, so let's wait till then before any conclusions are made shall we?

lets lay off this guy, his team are the *FORTYNINERS*. you'd be mad at the world too.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:29 PM   #11
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdefined View Post
all our questions should be answered by week 3, so let's wait till then before any conclusions are made shall we?

lets lay off this guy, his team are the *FORTYNINERS*. you'd be mad at the world too.
Good point. In '04 we went to their joint and knocked their stadium down. Last year they came here and we humiliated them.

I understand why he would hate us. We beat the shit out of them the last two years and now we have 3 of their #1 picks.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:24 AM   #12
dmek25
MVP

i think rexi makes some valid points looking at the nfl world thru 49er glasses. he has antonio bryant as a #1 receiver, so he is saying all the right things about HIS team and its players. very rarely does a fan rip the starters of the team they root for(except around here) the niners have no where to go but up, and are trying to do it the right way, with younger guys that can mature together. well i am not sold on their coaching staff, like they say "time will tell" i hope rexi and other teams fans continue to come around. it gives a different viewpoint. hint to 5rings and dboyz
Old 08-15-2006, 10:28 AM   #13
BrudLee
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i think rexi makes some valid points looking at the nfl world thru 49er glasses. he has antonio bryant as a #1 receiver, so he is saying all the right things about HIS team and its players. very rarely does a fan rip the starters of the team they root for(except around here) the niners have no where to go but up, and are trying to do it the right way, with younger guys that can mature together. well i am not sold on their coaching staff, like they say "time will tell" i hope rexi and other teams fans continue to come around. it gives a different viewpoint. hint to 5rings and dboyz

Correction. He had Bryant as a number One. Get ready for the Age of Taylor Jacobs.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:24 PM   #14
EXoffender
The Starter

OK. He has great reflexes.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:59 PM   #15
illdefined
Playmaker

ok, can we end this thread now?

hungry Randle El and Patten are right there behind him. and Stan Hixon (WR coach) and Gibbs are right on top of him.

no offense Rexi, but if Lloyd pulled back in San Fran, it's because it was San Fran. that crap won't stand for long here.