Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Why Barack Obama in 2008!!

Parking Lot

Old 10-27-2006, 04:59 PM   #1
0421kidwell

Why Barack Obama in 2008!!

Something new and fresh, i like most of you are tired of the Bush-clinton swap. We need new blood in office that has not been corupted. If we have new face and a fresh start our country will thrive. We need a president that can unite the nation such as Ronal Regan did. I am a Regan-democrat, I like Ronnie alot but i do dislike Clinton and bush. We need a candidate that can make the right decisions not just for their party, but for the nation. Therefore I hope Barack Obama wins the election.
0421kidwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:27 PM   #2
TheFunBunch79
Camp Scrub

Re: Why Barack Obama in 2008!!

I like Obama, but he has not declared candidacy yet.
I like Howard Dean because he speaks with anger and emotion, not like a stoic asshole like Kerry, or a dipshit like Bush...
I want somebody that is angry and wants to change this mofo'n country
TheFunBunch79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #3
illdefined
Playmaker

sadly this country is nowhere near ready to elect a minority president. it's not even remotely sure its ready for a women president.

too bad too, because my dream campaign would be Clinton/Powell
Old 10-27-2006, 06:04 PM   #4
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdefined View Post
sadly this country is nowhere near ready to elect a minority president. it's not even remotely sure its ready for a women president.

too bad too, because my dream campaign would be Clinton/Powell
Don't be so sure.... One thing Obama doesn't have on his record is the "War" issue. There was a good article in the editorials of the Washington Post about him. (Why Not Obama? - washingtonpost.com)

He doesn't have to say he was "misled" or that the administration tricked us. He doesn't have to think of an elaborate scheme to say why he voted this way or that.

So in a way he's got a major advantage over any competitors, because without a doubt, the number one issue will be the war again.

Also as far as foreign policy goes, alot of people think that something as subtle and insignificant as having a different pigmentation may symbolize to the world we are a different country. It's a hell of a stretch, and I'm not so sure I agree, but that's another point in the article.

I'm still endorsing McCain for now, but it's another interesting twist in what may prove to be a very unique upcoming election.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:14 PM   #5
illdefined
Playmaker

well check the source, if only the whole country were like Washington, much less the Washington Post.

sadly i think we're a generation away from this country breaking the Rich White Men as president rut its stuck in. i was generally optimistic too once....but not only did the son of Bush get elected, he got RE-elected. cold hard reality.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:40 PM   #6
steveo395
The Starter

i thought you're not allowed to make political threads

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:43 PM   #7
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395 View Post
i thought you're not allowed to make political threads
Kidwell I must applaud you, because this is by far the best thread you have made. That being said, your not allowed to make political threads, check out the guidelines bud.

And I also agree, I don't think much of America is ready for a Black president, which is sad really.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:43 PM   #8
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

You are if you're Admin or Mod......

Kid Well......Sorely needed Bye week.....The clues are all there.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:40 PM   #9
cpayne5
Playmaker

I dunno. This kidwell guy is from Colorado Springs. I don't think there is anyone on this board from there.

I think he truly is just a regular-Joe moron.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:31 PM   #10
12thMan
MVP

I disagree that the country isn't ready for a minority president, whether the candidate be black or female...or whatever.

We all know that minorities, particularly the Hispanic population, are the fastest growing group within the United States. Issues like gay rights, a woman's right to choose, and the immagration (sp) issue are at the forefront of topics today. The reason these are important, I think, is that some may perceive a minority or a woman candidate as more 'in touch' with these issues, and more apt to approach them with the right mindset.

One thing's for sure, Obama has drawn huge crowds wherever he goes, unlike any other Democrat currently, Hillary included. His first book has been a hit, and his second one is it's way. And as far as raising money, from what I've read, he has the potential to be a cash raising machine. Now if there is any indication, key work indication, of how viable a candidate may be, his ability to raise money is vital.

There are so many things in his favor right now that, in my opinion, he absolute has to make a run at the White House. The chances of him being this hot again in his political career are slim to none.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:34 AM   #11
illdefined
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I disagree that the country isn't ready for a minority president, whether the candidate be black or female...or whatever.

We all know that minorities, particularly the Hispanic population, are the fastest growing group within the United States. Issues like gay rights, a woman's right to choose, and the immagration (sp) issue are at the forefront of topics today. The reason these are important, I think, is that some may perceive a minority or a woman candidate as more 'in touch' with these issues, and more apt to approach them with the right mindset.

One thing's for sure, Obama has drawn huge crowds wherever he goes, unlike any other Democrat currently, Hillary included. His first book has been a hit, and his second one is it's way. And as far as raising money, from what I've read, he has the potential to be a cash raising machine. Now if there is any indication, key work indication, of how viable a candidate may be, his ability to raise money is vital.

There are so many things in his favor right now that, in my opinion, he absolute has to make a run at the White House. The chances of him being this hot again in his political career are slim to none.
i hope you're right 12th, i really do. it would be nice to see, but i think the long embedded powers that be here have an influence in this country we can't really fathom.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:18 PM   #12
hooskins

Yeah both Bush and Clinton were governors before the oval office, so did have their fair share of politics.

The problem with senators running for president is usually they have a long track record where one can find contradictions(Kerry). If I am not mistaken there has not been a president who was previously a senator in quite some time.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:07 PM   #13
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Yeah both Bush and Clinton were governors before the oval office, so did have their fair share of politics.

The problem with senators running for president is usually they have a long track record where one can find contradictions(Kerry). If I am not mistaken there has not been a president who was previously a senator in quite some time.

You're right, Hoo...the last Senator to ascend to the Presidency was JFK. Some from VP, but none straight from the Senate in years.

Many forget the George Jr. wasn't a Governor very long himself before being elected.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:11 PM   #14
hooskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
You're right, Hoo...the last Senator to ascend to the Presidency was JFK. Some from VP, but none straight from the Senate in years.

Many forget the George Jr. wasn't a Governor very long himself before being elected.
I was gonna say since JFK, but I was not sure, and didn't wanna sound like an idiot. I guess high school history paid off.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:34 PM   #15
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

So basically what you're saying is that he's the anti-christ? Beguiling and charming the masses on his way to ultimate power? Thanks for the succinct warning, 12th!