Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Eight Long Years: Where Is Osama Bin Laden?

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #1
12thMan
MVP

Eight Long Years: Where Is Osama Bin Laden?

I wanted to broach this topic in a non-partisan and intelligent way on the day of the eight year anniversary since the United States occupied Afghanistan. To be clear, let's get past bashing Bush for a moment and deal with the present debate regarding the war on terror under the current administration. This is now President Obama's war.

The United States is about to double down in Afghanistan and send an additional 40,000 troops there, and it seems the idea of actually capturing or being close to capturing Bin Laden isn't often discussed. He's no longer in our consciousness like he was during the aftermath of 9/11.

President Obama declared during the campaign that he would kill Osama (not related to Obama) if the opportunity presented itself. But here's the rub, in a study published online February 17 by the MIT International Review, the geographers report that simple facts, publicly available satellite imagery and fundamental principles of geography place the mastermind behind the Sept. 11 attacks against the U.S. in one of three buildings in the northwest Pakistan town of Parachinar, in the Kurram tribal region near the border with Afghanistan.

Now I'm not one easily, if ever, given to conspiracies but if the United States knows the general area where this son of bitch is located, why can't we just focus there? If we have the most capable intellingence and military personnel in the world, how come we can't get a whiff, some DNA, a hair fragment, a video machine, anything that let's us know Osama Bin Laden's whereabouts.

My question to you fellow Warpathers is, if we caught Bin Ladin tomorrow would you still be in favor of sending 40,000 troops into Afghanistan or at least drawing down? It seems to me that the government, and to an extent the media, has controlled the narrative and have done a good job continuing to justify and selling the war on terror; particularly in Afghanistan.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote