Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
When I look at the Roster I see some big needs:

1. Pass Rusher
2. Free Safety
3. Quality starting boundary WR opposite Richardson
4. Left Guard
5. Blocking TE
6. Young QB

Because off our poor free agency period, Bruce has put us in a bad position to have to plug holes in this draft. We must use the first 4 picks to get players who start or contribute right away.
The team in my opinion got weaker in free agency not better, especially considering a lot of the acquired players will be cut and turn into cap hits.
Allen is nothing but a steaming pile of crap.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #2
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Redskins Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
The team in my opinion got weaker in free agency not better, especially considering a lot of the acquired players will be cut and turn into cap hits.
Allen is nothing but a steaming pile of crap.
I disagree completely. I think free agency was a net gain for us.

Of players projected to be starters, we lost a good-but-not-great OLB and an injury-prone receiver. For both of those players, we already have replacements on the roster drafted in previous years.

We added a low-end starting QB and an elite safety. And we also essentially added an elite ILB with the news foster would not be suspended.

Additionally, its not like the draft will be it for us. We are generally active in the next waves of free agency: the post-draft and post-june 1 cuts. I would not be surprised if get a really good starter who is a surprise cut by his team.

I'm not saying we have had a stellar offseason by any means, but I think our overall roster is already better than we were when the season ended.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:32 AM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post

Of players projected to be starters, we lost a good-but-not-great OLB and an injury-prone receiver. For both of those players, we already have replacements on the roster drafted in previous years.

We added a low-end starting QB and an elite safety. And we also essentially added an elite ILB with the news foster would not be suspended.

Additionally, its not like the draft will be it for us. We are generally active in the next waves of free agency: the post-draft and post-june 1 cuts. I would not be surprised if get a really good starter who is a surprise cut by his team.

I'm not saying we have had a stellar offseason by any means, but I think our overall roster is already better than we were when the season ended.
Have to stay healthy of course and we really need an upgrade at Guard and RT , Moses is solid but is made of glass. WR sucks, TE is not much better. The Defense is much better than the O right now.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #4
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Have to stay healthy of course and we really need an upgrade at Guard and RT , Moses is solid but is made of glass. WR sucks, TE is not much better. The Defense is much better than the O right now.
There is still plenty of work to be done. I'm just disagreeing with the assertion that our team got worse over the course of free agency. We may have gotten slightly worse at a couple positions, but we got gotten significantly better at others.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:06 AM   #5
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:

Good perspective
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:19 AM   #6
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Don't forget, we also signed the living embodiment of a turnstile who plays tackle but we're planning on moving him to guard. And only for the low price of 3-4 mil guaranteed!
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #7
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

My final projection for next week.

15th Pick - Hollywood Brown
46th Pick - Josh Rosen

Time to build this offense
Old 04-18-2019, 05:01 PM   #8
calia
Playmaker

Let's not forget that, while it isn't free agency, we ought to get a number of guys back healthy who were out last year, and so that will be an influx of some talent (with Guice being exhibit A). Obviously, this all matters if they can stay healthy and we don't have other bad injuries (which happen every year to everyone), but getting back guys we expect to start like Guice, Quinn, Richardson, Scherff, Dunbar, Reed and other potential contributors like, Robert Davis, Apke, Cam Sims, and Geron Christian will help a lot. We had 24 guys on IR last year, or something like that. Some are healthy (and have signed elsewhere too), but we'll get some talent back.

All is not lost in April.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:57 AM   #9
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:

46th Pick - Josh Rosen

These would be two solid ways to spend on the first 2 draft pics.....but if the Redskins acquire Rosen in a trade I have a feeling that Allen will do something very stupid......like send next year's 1st or 2nd rounder to Arizona....
Old 04-21-2019, 03:59 PM   #10
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:

46th Pick - Josh Rosen

Yeah, Brown is just what we need: a very small WR who'll be broken in half before the season is half over. No more way undersized players, like the 170 lb. Paul Richardson, please.

He wouldn't happen to be a Sooner would he?
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:37 PM   #11
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Yeah, Brown is just what we need: a very small WR who'll be broken in half before the season is half over. No more way undersized players, like the 170 lb. Paul Richardson, please.

Many said the same about DJax coming out too. He's worked out just fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2019, 01:30 AM   #12
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:

Marquise Brown is going to be a play maker for whichever team drafts him....I have him second in my WR rankings behind N'Keal Harry.....if the Redskins end up drafting Brown I'll be all for it.....
Old 04-22-2019, 08:53 AM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Marquise Brown is going to be a play maker for whichever team drafts him....I have him second in my WR rankings behind N'Keal Harry.....if the Redskins end up drafting Brown I'll be all for it.....
Exactly, I'm not just saying it because of the OU connection, the kid is a true difference maker.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:50 AM   #14
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Isn't he coming off a foot injury? Just what the Redskins with their lengthy injury reports under Gruden need.

Last edited by Buffalo Bob; 04-22-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:35 PM   #15
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Some of the guys we're getting back will just end up getting hurt again.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote