Old 01-14-2023, 11:47 AM   #76
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

Howell QB1?
If that story is true , just LOL

What fucking quality OC is going to be excited to come here and be told he has a one game wonder QB to work with.

Until this franchise is sold everything is moot; we are officially in the lame duck mode.

If i was a OC of any worth i wouldn't come here; this franchise could be sold tomorrow and RR and his staff asked to pack their shit and move on.

Nothing of substance can happen here until its sold. It be like if you and your wife were house shopping but also filed for divorce.

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2023, 12:12 PM   #77
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
If that story is true , just LOL

What fucking quality OC is going to be excited to come here and be told he has a one game wonder QB to work with.

Until this franchise is sold everything is moot; we are officially in the lame duck mode.

If i was a OC of any worth i wouldn't come here; this franchise could be sold tomorrow and RR and his staff asked to pack their shit and move on.

Nothing of substance can happen here until its sold. It be like if you and your wife were house shopping but also filed for divorce.
I think it just depends on that OC's evaluation of Howell. If he thinks he can work with him and this offense, then I believe it would be a good opportunity. If the franchise is sold the day after he comes aboard, who cares. He signed a contract, will be paid accordingly, and he can move on.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 12:44 PM   #78
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I think it just depends on that OC's evaluation of Howell. If he thinks he can work with him and this offense, then I believe it would be a good opportunity. If the franchise is sold the day after he comes aboard, who cares. He signed a contract, will be paid accordingly, and he can move on.
Great but they still want build a career; that would solve a short term problem (feeding your family) but if i was building a coaching career i want go somewhere where i could highlight my skill set and then eventually be promoted.
Old 01-14-2023, 01:11 PM   #79
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Well, that's exactly what could happen here. If someone accepts the OC position and has success with Howell (or whoever), is able to turn this into a top 15 offense in the league, he will get another opportunity elsewhere, if not here, with the potential to be promoted just like any successful OC.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 06:22 PM   #80
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Well, that's exactly what could happen here. If someone accepts the OC position and has success with Howell (or whoever), is able to turn this into a top 15 offense in the league, he will get another opportunity elsewhere, if not here, with the potential to be promoted just like any successful OC.
Exactly. Said this is another thread, but the quasi certainty of the HC being out next season might make the OC position even more attractive to someone confident he can have immediate success. Uncertainty ? Yes, for sure. But that can be said of a lot coordinator positions. And one other way to look at it could be "potential short cut to the HC job".

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2023, 06:53 PM   #81
jamf
Pro Bowl

Howell QB1? FU Rivera.
Heinicke had to tell you to start him in a garbage time game now he is your QB1? Dumb ass mother fucker.

New owner is cleaning house. New OC has no shot of staying on.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 07:02 PM   #82
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Howell QB1? FU Rivera.

Heinicke had to tell you to start him in a garbage time game now he is your QB1? Dumb ass mother fucker.

Is that a certainty ? What if that OC just had a second year QB lead one of the most explosive offense in the league ? Wouldn't the owner want to be the good guy that gives an up and coming coach a shot at HC ? Also saving him the headache of an HC search that he has zero experience conducting. As new owner he'll have a lot on his plate. And maybe he'll want to focus on the branding aspect of things, who knows.

Old 01-14-2023, 07:11 PM   #83
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Ok now we are daydreaming that the new OC will eventually be the HC and SH is going be Super Bowl MVP

Good grief
Old 01-14-2023, 07:15 PM   #84
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Ok now we are daydreaming that the new OC will eventually be the HC and SH is going be Super Bowl MVP

Good grief
Nobody is talking about SB MVP, just saying the possibility of the offense being successful enough for the OC to be considered as a HC candidates exists, this notion that it'll be an automatic house cleaning no matter the situation is a stretch IMO.

I'm not even talking about probability, but the possibility existing may make this position more attractive than we think. Both "automatic house cleaning" and "nobody will want this OC job" are overstatements.
Old 01-14-2023, 10:04 PM   #85
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Howell QB1? FU Rivera.

Aren't you the one that wants to draft a QB every single year until they get it right? What's the point if they are not willing to find out if the guy they drafted is the right guy?
nonniey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 12:51 AM   #86
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Aren't you the one that wants to draft a QB every single year until they get it right? What's the point if they are not willing to find out if the guy they drafted is the right guy?
Great point !!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 01:38 AM   #87
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Yes!
I want to have the best options available at QB and hopefully someone steps up in camp.

Step one is winning the job. Let the young QB actually earn the start then you see what they can do during the season.

Howell hasn’t earned the starting job. He backed into it via a wasted season and the two guys ahead of him shitting the bed. Every qb in the league should have a similar skill set to Howell. You aren’t seeing anything extraordinary from him. Unfortunately we had to watch noodle arm throw for half the season so Howell loooks like John Elway.

How about draft a guy or two and let the 3 of them battle it out?
I don’t give a fuck about their egos or feelings. The one the plays the best in camp starts.
Old 01-15-2023, 01:52 AM   #88
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Is that a certainty ? What if that OC just had a second year QB lead one of the most explosive offense in the league ? Wouldn't the owner want to be the good guy that gives an up and coming coach a shot at HC ? Also saving him the headache of an HC search that he has zero experience conducting. As new owner he'll have a lot on his plate. And maybe he'll want to focus on the branding aspect of things, who knows.

I would hope the new owner would bring in a GM or president to run the team.
I don’t need Jeff Bezos or Jayz talking Xs and Os.

Explosive Offense? We can wish but that would have to start with elite Oline play.
Likelihood of converting these bums to an elite group is slim.
Old 01-15-2023, 02:19 AM   #89
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
I would hope the new owner would bring in a GM or president to run the team.

I don’t need Jeff Bezos or Jayz talking Xs and Os.

Explosive Offense? We can wish but that would have to start with elite Oline play.

Likelihood of converting these bums to an elite group is slim.
Agreed on the Oline part. As for the explosive offense I'm not saying it's the most likely scenario, but it's a possibility that a confident OC could envision, we still are packed with skill positions players.

Good point about the GM/Team President.
But this would go to my point: if the new owner has smart people doing the coaches hires, then they wouldn't let a promising OC get away from them.

Again I'm not talking likelihood, I'm saying an OC confident in himself could look at this roster AND situation and think "yeah, I'm good enough to get this to work in my favor".

Old 01-15-2023, 08:29 AM   #90
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I have always believed that you draft QB's every year or just about every year. It's the most important position on your team and it is a main reason why this organization never goes anywhere.

Even if you have an established stater you still should draft a QB in the mid or later rounds.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote