Charges against Reuben Foster dropped

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-04-2019, 08:56 AM   #46
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Charges against Ruben Foster dropped

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm gonna sidestep this whole feminism "debate" and hit this Foster thing from another angle:

SFRedskin, you say Foster is a beast who is all over the field making plays, yet in 16 career games across 2 seasons he has:

No interceptions
No sacks
No fumble recoveries
Not even a single forced fumble
2 career passes defensed

Is he a good tackler? Sure, I'll give him that. 72 in 10 games in 2017, 29 in 6 games in 2018.

Good tackler =/= playmaker. So can we please dispel with the notion that he's a playmaker?

/will readily admit we lack good tacklers so he is an improvement on that front.

//if he still hangs with this bitch we signed the dumbest motherfucker since Pacman Jones.
Have you seen him play? I’ll leave it at that, cause the stats don’t reflect the play. Let’s just say he made a difference when he was on the field for the 49ers.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-04-2019, 09:06 AM   #47
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Charges against Reuben Foster dropped

Don't guess and speculate about Foster's performance. Here's a very good fact and videotape-based analysis of him.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...-reuben-foster

He had a tremendous season last year, then this year before his problems in SF he was disappointing. But you do need to watch how well he can cover the intermediate part of the field when the secondary retreats into a Cover 3. That's something we do frequently to limit big plays but TEs like Ertz slaughter us because of it. Watch the clips of Foster covering Tavon Austin on the intermediate crossing patterns.

The speed is what separates him from Mason Foster, and the instincts in coverage are what separates him from Zach Brown. He didn't play well this year though, so it's fair to wonder what we're getting from a performance standpoint. At the same time, the tape don't lie it's clear to see why the Skins loved the idea of scooping him up.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:21 AM   #48
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

R Foster and Z Brown would be one of the best LB combos in the NFC. Foster is extremely talented. If we would move to a 4-3 tampa 2 with him in the Middle...could be deadly.

I get a chubby thinking about Ryan Anderson - Ruben Foster - Zach Brown starting in a 4-3.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:32 AM   #49
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
R Foster and Z Brown would be one of the best LB combos in the NFC. Foster is extremely talented. If we would move to a 4-3 tampa 2 with him in the Middle...could be deadly.

I get a chubby thinking about Ryan Anderson - Ruben Foster - Zach Brown starting in a 4-3.
Yes it would, granted Brown changes his attitude. Supposedly Brown claims he playing witha torn oblique, maybe that explains his shitty play this year.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 01-04-2019, 09:32 AM   #50
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

SF are we talking about 2018 Foster or 2017 Foster?

Because Schneed's in-depth analysis looks a lot better than yours.

With all due respect Schneed, I'm not saying he's a bad player (although his 2018 performance should be concerning). Just "playmaker" is a bit of a stretch.

Even the advanced stats are showing he had a huge lapse in performance in 2018. Can he regain form? Sure. Am I confident we have the right coaches in place to help him do that? TBD.

Is he more gifted athletically than Mason Foster? LOL, if he weren't we wouldn't be having this discussion.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:38 AM   #51
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Yes it would, granted Brown changes his attitude. Supposedly Brown claims he playing witha torn oblique, maybe that explains his shitty play this year.
Well, lets start with R Foster learning to focus and more importantly, making smarter life decisions.

Z Brown was great the first half of the season, but his play lagged the second half...like most the defense. He was injured, I don't know what that injury was exactly.

Ive been happy with Brown's play since he has been here.

He Gets Us
Old 01-04-2019, 09:47 AM   #52
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
SF are we talking about 2018 Foster or 2017 Foster?

Because Schneed's in-depth analysis looks a lot better than yours.

With all due respect Schneed, I'm not saying he's a bad player (although his 2018 performance should be concerning). Just "playmaker" is a bit of a stretch.

Even the advanced stats are showing he had a huge lapse in performance in 2018. Can he regain form? Sure. Am I confident we have the right coaches in place to help him do that? TBD.

Is he more gifted athletically than Mason Foster? LOL, if he weren't we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Foster played 8 games this year, actually maybe 5-6 due to suspension at the beginning of the season, injuries and another suspension. In a few of the games he played, he was fantastic then hurt his hamstring. Last year for sure, hard to gauge this year due to just a few games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...F/FostRe00.htm

Purveyor of fine Filth

Last edited by SFREDSKIN; 01-04-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:03 AM   #53
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
This was their initial statement

Today we have claimed the rights to LB Reuben Foster. The Redskins fully understand the severity of the recent allegations made against Reuben. If true, you can be sure these allegations are nothing our organization would ever condone. Let me be clear, Reuben will have to go through numerous steps, including the full legal process, an investigation and potential discipline from the NFL, as well as meetings with counselors associated with the team before he will ever have the opportunity to wear the Burgundy and Gold as a player. That being said, we decided to investigate the situation with Reuben further by claiming his rights after candid conversations with a number of his ex-Alabama teammates and current Redskins players who were overwhelmingly supportive of us taking this chance. Nothing is promised to Reuben, but we are hopeful that being around so many of his former teammates and friends will eventually provide him with the best possible environment to succeed both personally and professionally.
Should've stick to that all the way then. With the level of dysfunction of this organisation, both real and perceived, they can't afford to be anything else than perfect PR wise.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2019, 11:07 AM   #54
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

Mmmmh... the more I'm thinking about this idea, the more I'm liking it.
Don't forget to get SDH in the mix, the way he improved this season he could be a starter next year!

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2019, 11:10 AM   #55
Schneed10
A Dude

I think with Reuben Foster it's this simple. You know he has the athletic ability that Mason Foster lacks. You know Mason Foster is a severe liability in coverage, especially when it comes to keeping up with the faster tight ends. Ergo you must upgrade your athleticism at LB. Reuben, for all his problems, off the field and in 2018 with a drop off in play, at least gives you a fighting chance.

With Mason Foster you were dead before the ship even sank.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:22 AM   #56
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:

I think chances are good we switch to a 4-3 with the personnel we have, but browns not coming back unless it’s under a new deal. He has a 9M cap hit next year and none of its guaranteed. based his performance, he’s almost certain to be cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:49 AM   #57
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I think chances are good we switch to a 4-3 with the personnel we have, but browns not coming back unless it’s under a new deal. He has a 9M cap hit next year and none of its guaranteed. based his performance, he’s almost certain to be cut.

meh, I think its a possibility, but not likely. I think its more attitude driven not performance driven if he isn't here. We would take a dead cap hit though...think around 3 mil.

He Gets Us
Old 01-04-2019, 11:58 AM   #58
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post

In the latest Redskins Talk Podcast, Keim mentioned that a switch to the 4-3 is a possibility this year. I think this can help the team given the personnel they have and it would make Preston Smith somewhat expendable.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:20 PM   #59
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
In the latest Redskins Talk Podcast, Keim mentioned that a switch to the 4-3 is a possibility this year. I think this can help the team given the personnel they have and it would make Preston Smith somewhat expendable.
From what was reported before, it seems like the defense was in a 4-3 quite a bit of time anyway, so it makes sense. But what doesn't make sense is, if you're pushing a 3-4 base defense, why not draft/sign free agents who fit the bill? That part doesn't make sense?
Old 01-04-2019, 12:29 PM   #60
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
From what was reported before, it seems like the defense was in a 4-3 quite a bit of time anyway, so it makes sense. But what doesn't make sense is, if you're pushing a 3-4 base defense, why not draft/sign free agents who fit the bill? That part doesn't make sense?
They play a lot of nickle defense, which is a little difference than base 4-3 from what I understand (Nickle D has two smaller edge rushers, whereas in 4-3 base, you have one DE rusher and one larger run stuffing DE on the other side).

If they go base 4-3, they'd have Ionnidis, Allen, Payne, and Kerrigan in the d-line. They could have Ryan Anderson (SLB), Shaun Dion Hamilton (MLB), and R. Foster (WLB) as Linebackers. I think going base 4-3 would allow them to use Ionnidis and Ryan Anderson more often.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote