It's a joy watching other teams play

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #121
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: It's a joy watching other teams play

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Didn't watch the game wouldn't know. Either way they still lost.

Anyhow, I just find it funny how when the Redskins lose this board suddenly has no trouble finding all the great things about every other team in the NFL. Like everybody else is flawless and has all the answers to everything...though no one is really talking much about the Brown, Rams, Bills, Jaguars, or Raiders today...
Because of 1 thread?
Listen, the skins are sucking...a lot of us use the Skins as a way to get away from reality. We love the skins like family, and sometimes you need to bitch about family. I understand you want to try to go against the grain and show us the lighter side or the "it's not as bad as you think" side, but fact is, unless we make the playoffs, most of us will consider this season a huge bust. Guess what, we are NOT making the playoffs playing like this. Someone needs to light a fire under this team, and if that means throwing Zorn out on his ear, then so be it.
You pointed out the Browns / Rams (who we almost lost to), Bills, Jags, and Raiders as teams we are not talking too much about. Why should we? They suck, and we have similarities to those teams which upsets most of us cause this should NOT have happened. For most of us to face facts that we are a bottom 10 teams (or worse) hurts. Let em grieve.

Advertisements
Old 10-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #122
mcarey032
Special Teams

You know what was sad was watching the Dolphins yesterday line up in a running formation and the Jets defense knew what was coming and they couldn't stop it. It really hearkened back to when the Hogs and Riggins used to cram it down people's throats. Just sad to watch our once proud franchise of great tradition and winning join the ranks of the lions, Rams, and Buccaneers.
mcarey032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #123
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarey032 View Post
You know what was sad was watching the Dolphins yesterday line up in a running formation and the Jets defense knew what was coming and they couldn't stop it. It really hearkened back to when the Hogs and Riggins used to cram it down people's throats. Just sad to watch our once proud franchise of great tradition and winning join the ranks of the lions, Rams, and Buccaneers.
I liked the QB draw and the roll-outs as well. 2 things Campbell CAN do well.

BTW, anyone notice Chase Daniels was waived? I'm sure it's been mentioned already.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:06 PM   #124
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
I'm sure Snyder was impressed w/ Zorn but Zorn was not our first or second choice. I've got to believe he was a desperation hire. Cowher, Spags, Fassel all didn't work out (in Fassel's case, i think he was hired and Snyder changed his mind after a fan uproar).

What's troubling to me is that Snyder was "shocked" when JG's retired. Shocked? How can you run your organization w/out a "short" list of potential candidates especially when your coach, JG, was old and going on the 5th year of a 5 yr deal.

In hind sight, we did interview Josh McDaniel's, Ryan, Schwartz, and Spags...and we ended up w/ Jim Zorn? How did that happen?
Nobody wanted to work here, but they were interested in the offer$
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #125
12thMan
MVP

I was just thinking how much I love watching Ed Reed play. I wonder what's his ratio of touches v. scores. This guy will be an instant Hall of Famer. He's probably my favorite non-Redskin.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #126
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I was just thinking how much I love watching Ed Reed play. I wonder what's his ratio of touches v. scores. This guy will be an instant Hall of Famer. He's probably my favorite non-Redskin.
Snyder should pay him to teach Hall how to tackle and Rogers how to catch.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote