Zorn nowhere near considering a QB change

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-07-2009, 01:52 AM   #31
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Re: Zorn nowhere near considering a QB change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy13 View Post
Every once in a while..... :cool-smil They are good and I think JC is good I was just saying that imo Campbell doesnt show the spark that some QBs that have been starting less show. I was just saying that most people want to keep blaming it on him having to learn so many different offenses. He's a professinal QB and I can only use that excuse there are too many QBs playing well it sucks that he had to keep changing offenses but he should still be able to throw downfield and make some of the passes i don't see him making. A QB like Flacco seems to have a better understanding of how to run an NFL team even on his first year when he didn't know any offense but what he ran in college which won't be the same as an NFL offense. My point is there's QBs who have even more to learn and still succeed I can only blame so much of his lack of production on him learning new offenses but it shouldn't be used as the only reason to why he struggles to be an elite QB. I know ppl will keep blaming it on that and maybe they're right I'm just putting in my opinion I'm just a fan I don't know everything like some ppl here :cool-smil
OMG. Some people never get it. I am not coming down on you man. But Joe Flacco didn't have to put the team on his shoulders. . He has a running game and a awesome defense that spits out offenses. HE was brought into a situation where he was set up to suceed. The same goes for Ryan. The same goes for Sanchez. JC never had that. If anyone think learning a different play book every 2 and half years is good for a QB they are out of the freaking minds. This is not an excuse for campbell. But if he was in the same system for more than 2 years beginning as a rookie. Maybe he would be a lot further along. No one is saying he is an elite QB. But he is not bad as people make him out to be and probably would be further along at this point. If you want to hate hate. Read the sig. But please use common sense. No one is saying he is elite. You can't compare him to Favre and Manning or any of those guys. Because there aren't many guys like that period. If you blame anyone blame the FO for not having consistency in the coaching ranks and not allowing this guy to develop naturally. Get a effin clue.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-07-2009, 01:55 AM   #32
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
Didnt know Zorn had a DEFENSE... please put down the bottle.
I meant offense. Your lack of common sense is rubbing off on me. I guess that's the only thing you can pick out of what I said. Its corrected but your idiotic statement remains. You said we have better weapons than Denver. LMFAO.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
Old 10-07-2009, 01:56 AM   #33
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Did i say our wrs are better than Denver? no i said we have better wrs than some of the teams scoring more than us. READING IS FUNDAMENTAL
Old 10-07-2009, 02:04 AM   #34
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Never fails. Orton,Cutler and how many other new QB's have changed not only offenses but TEAMS and are still doing well? Im sorry but This excuse is OLD.
JC isnt getting killed in the pocket and our wr's are better than some of these teams that are scoring more than us. Either its Zorn or its JC, id have to say both. IMO Zorn is in over his head and JC is still JC.
Writing is also fundamental. If you use Orton and Cutler as the QBs for your example that means you are including them in this discussion.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
Old 10-07-2009, 02:16 AM   #35
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
Writing is also fundamental. If you use Orton and Cutler as the QBs for your example that means you are including them in this discussion.
NO i said QB's like those 2 have changed teams and offenses, THEN which means different scenerio i said teams with wrs worse than ours are scoring more. So dont try to backpedal now that you misread and put your foot in your mouth.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:18 AM   #36
Chevy13
Special Teams

Quote:
OMG. Some people never get it. I am not coming down on you man. But Joe Flacco didn't have to put the team on his shoulders. . He has a running game and a awesome defense that spits out offenses. HE was brought into a situation where he was set up to suceed. The same goes for Ryan. The same goes for Sanchez. JC never had that. If anyone think learning a different play book every 2 and half years is good for a QB they are out of the freaking minds. This is not an excuse for campbell. But if he was in the same system for more than 2 years beginning as a rookie. Maybe he would be a lot further along. No one is saying he is an elite QB. But he is not bad as people make him out to be and probably would be further along at this point. If you want to hate hate. Read the sig. But please use common sense. No one is saying he is elite. You can't compare him to Favre and Manning or any of those guys. Because there aren't many guys like that period. If you blame anyone blame the FO for not having consistency in the coaching ranks and not allowing this guy to develop naturally. Get a effin clue.
It's cool I don't mind but you make good points and I understand completely what your saying I wasnt trying to make it seem like people are saying he's elite what I'm saying is watching him play I just don't see the potential or spark that those elite guys have or even the potential that some of these younger QBs have and I don't mean how the team plays overall I know that Flacco has a top notch defense and a good running game (CP aint to bad himself) I mean just how he plays on offense and how he leads the offense and I don't beleive Flacco's reveivers are much better than ours but he makes some nice plays and scores points. I don't think JC is bad and I never said that him changing play books is good for him or comparing him to Favre and those guys what I said is I don't see the potential in him to get there I don't see it and that's just an opinion Its great that some people see it like all these people with "common sense". I'm not trying to make it seem like what I'm saying is right and your wrong I'm just putting in my opinion. He is a professional athlete and knows how to play QB plain and simple that the plays change well that sucks that it's happened so often and obviously it's going to affect him be he should still be able to deliver the ball better than he has been (this year he's been a little better imo) but I don't think of him as a rookie that doesn't know what he's doing sometimes he knows how to deliver the ball because he's been playing as an NFL QB for a few years and I wish he could get the passing game going a little bit better like even some of these rookies did that also had a lot to learn in their first yr as a pro. If it is the whole learning new offense thing than I'm wrong and we're screwed because as soon as Zorn gets canned the next coach is going to come in and bring another offense and we're going to be here talking about how him learning new offense is affecting him for more years to come. I just wish we could get the pass game going and start scoring some TD's but once again no need to tell me to get an effin clue it's just an opinion relax you don't have to agree I read what you thought about it and saw you had good points I don't need to call you anything or give you any crap just cause you have an opionion thats different. If we all had the same opinion here there would be no use for this forum to discuss but your opinion is the one that matters so I'll get an "effin clue" when I don't agree with you
Chevy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:28 AM   #37
Chevy13
Special Teams

Quote:
You might need someone to help you read these posts because I supposedly said many things that weren't there. There's no need to assume or try to read more into what someone is trying to say, just read what they said and respond to that not what you think they are trying to say. You should try to be one of those sports journalists they like to twist and take things out of context all the time...
Old 10-07-2009, 02:35 AM   #38
sancho2613
Special Teams

Quote:
You might need someone to help you read these posts because I supposedly said many things that weren't there. There's no need to assume or try to read more into what someone is trying to say, just read what they said and respond to that not what you think they are trying to say. You should try to be one of those sports journalists they like to twist and take things out of context all the time...
uh oh I hope he isn't going to say that Santana Moss sucks by what I just said.. oh dang now he's going to say I hate Cooley too....
Old 10-07-2009, 08:22 AM   #39
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
[/B]

Last i checked Moss and Cooley were pretty good.
Yeah your right Moss and Cooley are pretty good. But we did draft 3 WR and a TE in the last 2 drafts and they have not contributed a nickel to our offense thus far.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:32 AM   #40
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
I'm sorry I don't buy that him learning different offenses affects him as much as most people here do. I'm not saying it won't make it hard for him because it's obviosly not the situation you want a young QB to be in but just making a pass sometimes is just that throwing the ball and I just don't see that unique spark you see from QB's like Brady or Favre. I understand that many of you see it but I just don't, I'm not saying your wrong It's just my opinion that he could still be a successful QB I don't want to keep giving excuses for why hasn't been even close to reaching his potential. I'm not willing to make that same excuse for the next 4 years...

I'm not making excuses for JC I'm just stating that JC has not been in 1 system for more than 2 years since he has been here. You are comparing JC to Brady and Farve well not many QB's can live up to their careers. JC is still learning the game and he is getting better as he gets comfortable in the WC system. Remember JC was drafte by Gibbs to run his offense not the WC offense. Skins89moss
Yeah it would be neat to see JC throw off his back foot and off balance or throwing into triple coverage ... No but it's a good point but I'm sorry I just don't see him becoming one of those elite QB's and I do agree that not having the weapons doesn't help
We need our young WR group to get on board now to help us get out of this funk on offense.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #41
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:

Dude my response was to DBUCHANON101 and you. Sorry I didn't specify. But a far as Joe Flacco. I was just saying he was set up to succeed and was brought in to a team with a good running game and great defense --these can beee a rookie QB's best friends. Not that he didn't have any talent. Did you say anything about Orton & Cutler? No you didn't. Maybe you need to read posts a little better. Twist that.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21

Last edited by dmvskinzfan08; 10-07-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #42
Chevy13
Special Teams

Quote:
Dude my response was to DBUCHANON101 and you. Sorry I didn't specify. But a far as Joe Flacco. I was just saying he was set up to succeed and was brought in to a team with a good running game and great defense --these can beee a rookie QB's best friends. Not that he didn't have any talent. Did you say anything about Orton & Cutler? No you didn't. Maybe you need to read posts a little better. Twist that.
No "Dude" I was responding to how you were saying things that weren't on my post just like you did with DBUCHANON101 saying he was talking about those receivers when he said nothing about those specific receivers. You twisted his like mine but it's no big deal I don't really care you have good points he did get the good defense and running game (which I never said he didn't have). what I've been trying to say is apart from his defense he just seems to manage the OFFENSE better as a rookie or just as well as JC with more than a few years experience. I see more potential in Flacco to be a top notch QB than I do for JC as he seems to put the offense on his shoulders at times and makes big plays so NO i'm not sayin JC sucks or that JC will never be a great QB I don't want you to "twist" my words I saying that ME as a fan I think Flacco can make the big plays and score points and JC just hasn't been doing it (consistently). and YES I believe changing play books hurt his progress but I'm not willing to use that excuse for all his flaws like you are. Yes it would be hard for him to adjust and he might struggle but I think he should still have made more progress than he has he's a professional QB and he knows how to make a pass pain and simple he doesn't have the timing down yet but how much longer is that going to be the excuse????
Old 10-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #43
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I think it's time to let Collins get some reps. We're going on 12 games of shitty offense. 12-14 points a game is pathetic. This offense reminds me of the 93 team w/ Rod Dowhower calling the plays. And although it's not all on JC he has to take part of the blame. We're not talking about Peyton Manning here. It's not going to hurt to let Collins take a few series as well as getting Mitchell on the field too. Some changes need to be made.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #44
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

Where is Pete Kendall now? I think he's still available. (I really don't care where Shanahan is. He's the wrong choice anyway, so Snyder will probably hire him!)
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #45
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think it's time to let Collins get some reps. We're going on 12 games of shitty offense. 12-14 points a game is pathetic. This offense reminds me of the 93 team w/ Rod Dowhower calling the plays. And although it's not all on JC he has to take part of the blame. We're not talking about Peyton Manning here. It's not going to hurt to let Collins take a few series as well as getting Mitchell on the field too. Some changes need to be made.
Why not just jump down to Andre Woodson and give him the reps?