Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Is there anyway to get the coaches game film each week?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
bigm29
Special Teams

Is there anyway to get the coaches game film each week?

I would love to see this if it is available to the public somewhere. It is too hard to make a good analysis of our offense watching on tv. Can Campbell just not find open recievers, or do our recievers simply not get open?

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #2
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Re: Is there anyway to get the coaches game film each week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigm29 View Post
I would love to see this if it is available to the public somewhere. It is too hard to make a good analysis of our offense watching on tv. Can Campbell just not find open recievers, or do our recievers simply not get open?
I highly doubt it. They don't even make the gameday broadcasts available for purchase.

They should, there would be quite a market for it.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:00 AM   #3
bigm29
Special Teams

mainly i just want to know: are the recievers not getting open or does campbell just suck? I know the o line wasnt great today but Campbell often had time to step up in the pocket and did nothing with it.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:53 AM   #4
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigm29 View Post
mainly i just want to know: are the recievers not getting open or does campbell just suck? I know the o line wasnt great today but Campbell often had time to step up in the pocket and did nothing with it.
Dude he had no time and they kept Cooley in to help block. JC played like a scared Bi*tch but he was running for his life with that piece of trash O-Line in front of him.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:33 AM   #5
Luxorreb
^21^

It's an obvious offensive line break down. Today our O line was - Batiste, Dockery, Rabach, Williams, Heyer? Coupled with the inability for any of our WR's aside from Moss and Randle El (and Cooley) to get open. Defenses double or give help to Moss and Cooley while stacking the line with 8 in the box on almost every down. Noone is scared. And why should they be? I could get a hand on Campbell. Is that Campbell's fault? Is it Zorn's fault? The answers are both 'no'. It's a front office issue by not addressing our O line needs for almost 10 years now. Sorry to digress... Best way to get 'coach film' would be buy cheap seats and bring a digital camera. Keep the faith.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:52 AM   #6
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I don't think it's necessarily all on the Oline. Some plays, definitely. Some plays, Campbell holds the ball far too long. I'd love to see coaches film as well.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:34 AM   #7
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
Dude he had no time and they kept Cooley in to help block. JC played like a scared Bi*tch but he was running for his life with that piece of trash O-Line in front of him.
Yep, I'm no fan of JC but I dont think any QB could excel behind this line.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #8
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Yep, I'm no fan of JC but I dont think any QB could excel behind this line.
Eli and Big Ben have done it
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:12 PM   #9
clibrisli
Camp Scrub

Defenses double or give help to Moss and Cooley while stacking the line with 8 in the box on almost every down. Noone is scared.
clibrisli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:31 PM   #10
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I don't think it's necessarily all on the Oline. Some plays, definitely. Some plays, Campbell holds the ball far too long. I'd love to see coaches film as well.
Exact-a-mundo. JC takes the blame for almost every sack. Against teams without pass rushers like Tuck and Peppers this flaw of JC's is much less noticeable. However, when you face guys like Tuck and Peppers you will never block them every play -- they're just too good. So, your only choice is to get the ball out before they sack you. JC can't do that. Add to that the fact that Heyer and Batiste are about as useful as a broom stuck in the ground, and you get what we saw on Sunday.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:33 PM   #11
BrunellMVP?
Impact Rookie

small sample size but...

Which NFL Quarterbacks Hold The Ball Too Long?

Posted Sep 23, 2009 9:10AM By JJ Cooper (RSS feed)

During many NFL games, and pretty much any Ben Roethlisberger game, you will hear about how many sacks aren't the fault of the offensive line as much as the fault of a quarterback who holds onto the ball for too long.

That's undoubtedly true, but it's also something that is rarely studied. So to get a better idea this year as part of the weekly looks at line play, I'm logging the time the quarterback had for every sack. The time is measured from the snap to the point where the quarterback is first hit (even if the quarterback shrugs off the first hit, it's fair to say that the play has broken down at that point). In general, the average sack occurs around 2.7 to 2.8 seconds after the snap of the ball. Consider that the internal clock a quarterback must have--while the timing can depend somewhat on whether it's a four-man rush or an all-out blitz, in general if a quarterback holds the ball for more than three seconds, he's in trouble. If he gets rid of it in less than 2.5 seconds, he will rarely find himself on his back.

HOLDING ON
The 10 quarterbacks who have held the ball the longest on their sacks
Quarterback Average Time Of Sack No. of Sacks
Jason Campbell 3.66 3
Tom Brady 3.6 1
Jay Cutler 3.51 3
Mark Sanchez 3.51 2
Brady Quinn 3.29 9
Kyle Orton 3.27 3
Trent Edwards 3.26 6
JaMarcus Russell 3.22 3
Chad Pennington 3.2 6
Kurt Warner 3.07 3

GETTING RID OF IT
The 10 quarterbacks who have held the ball the shortest on their sacks
Quarterback Average Time Of Sack No. of Sacks
Byron Leftwich 2.09 2
Tony Romo 2.1 1
Peyton Manning 2.29 2
Marc Bulger 2.46 4
Carson Palmer 2.47 5
Joe Flacco 2.52 2
Matt Stafford 2.53 3
Matt Schaub 2.6 2
Matt Ryan 2.62 2
Brodie Croyle 2.62 3

For now, the numbers are very much affected by small sample size -- Brady Quinn's decision to hold the ball for an amazing 8.28 seconds before being sacked against the Vikings skewed his stats, although he also has three other sacks where he held the ball for more than three seconds.

But while these stats will become more useful as the season moves along, it's still worth sharing them, partly to note who doesn't show up on the top 10 or the bottom 10. For all the talk about Roethlisberger's tendency to hold the ball forever, he ranks in the middle of the pack with an average time of sack of 2.9 seconds, which ranks 19th out of the 33 quarterbacks who have been sacked this season (wide receiver Antwaan Randle El was sacked, but I'm not counting him since it was a gadget play).

Looking at the stats, Carson Palmer and Marc Bulger come across as the quarterbacks who have been the most under fire. Three of Bulger's four sacks came on plays where he was hit less than 2.5 seconds after he took the snap, while two of Palmer's five sacks came less than two seconds after the snap. Only one of Palmer's five sacks took longer than three seconds.

And for all of the complaints about Byron Leftwitch's extremely long throwing motion he's only been sacked twice, and in both cases he was hit less than 2.5 seconds after the snap.
in writing these daily letters and trying to make them interesting it is always possible that some sentiment may occur which has not received the severe and deliberate scrutiny and reconsideration which should attach to a State Paper.
- Churchill
BrunellMVP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #12
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

Nice find, BrunellMVP
Old 10-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #13
redskinsgirl
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Eli and Big Ben have done it
I've never known Eli to play behind an bad online. NYG's oline has usually been considered one of the best of the league the past couple of years.

Big Ben has the same "bad mechanics" as Campbell, but somehow Pitt has manage to win two superbowl with Ben. I can't understand why the skins can't get the same production out of Campbell the way Pitt does out of Big Ben.
redskinsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #14
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinsgirl View Post
I've never known Eli to play behind an bad online. NYG's oline has usually been considered one of the best of the league the past couple of years.

Big Ben has the same "bad mechanics" as Campbell, but somehow Pitt has manage to win two superbowl with Ben. I can't understand why the skins can't get the same production out of Campbell the way Pitt does out of Big Ben.
Yeah Eli definitely has one of the best OL in the biz.

As for Ben I'm not sure his OL really is that bad as much as it's him holding the ball and making things happen. Most of his sacks are on him, he's the first to admit that.

Why can't JC do it, there are a bunch of reasons not really worth getting in to, but it boils down to he's simply not BR.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #15
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Yeah Eli definitely has one of the best OL in the biz.

As for Ben I'm not sure his OL really is that bad as much as it's him holding the ball and making things happen. Most of his sacks are on him, he's the first to admit that.

Why can't JC do it, there are a bunch of reasons not really worth getting in to, but it boils down to he's simply not BR.

when campbell scrambles he's running scared and usually does one of the following things-
1-runs for a few yards
2-throws it away
3-looks for his check down
4-gets sacked
when ben scrambles, he's still looking down the field at his wrs, he's still trying to make a play.
thats one of the big differences i see, campbell is running around trying to not get sacked, while ben is running around trying to make a play.