Grossman, Beck or-ton?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-22-2011, 11:18 PM   #31
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Grossman, Beck or-ton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Uh oh, Rex Grossman's mother is back. How dare they bench Grossman, all 4 of those picks against Philly were everybody else's fault.
I hear what you are saying but that was really Grossman's first truly pitiful game as a skin. Tom Brady this year has had some games where he has looked absolutley like dog shit, and one or two games where he has thrown 4 interceptions, and nobody benched him. Sure i know its Tom Brady but I didn't think the skins were fair to Rex by benching him after his first truly poor game, for a guy who basically tanked our season.

Advertisements
Old 11-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #32
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5dicky View Post
Grossman would have lit up the Bills by the way as Beck couldn't muster a point. I hope I do get banned again, you're all idiots that have no idea what a good quarterback is, Rex is the best quarterback this team has had in the last 20 years and he gets benched for Beck. I've been a Redskins fan for 18 years but it's obvious that they really are the laughing stock of the league, just pitiful and sad.
I love you. No homo. I'm just so happy that someone can finally bring clarity to these boards. Please don't leave us.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:26 PM   #33
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I hear what you are saying but that was really Grossman's first truly pitiful game as a skin. Tom Brady this year has had some games where he has looked absolutley like dog shit, and one or two games where he has thrown 4 interceptions, and nobody benched him. Sure i know its Tom Brady but I didn't think the skins were fair to Rex by benching him after his first truly poor game, for a guy who basically tanked our season.
This is, uh, awkwardly stated, but I think there is truth in this to an extent. Quarterbacks in the NFL just don't get benched after a 3-1 start because of a 4 INT game unless they are getting benched for good.

I realize that Beck would have started the next week anyway because Grossman had pneumonia, but the switch was made because someone with decision making power in the Redskins organization really believed that John Beck could lead an NFL team for three or more months. That's not a switch you'd make at 3-2 to "see what Beck can do."

To his credit, Mike Shanahan hasn't shown a tendency to outright deny the reality of the situation when his quarterback goes out and plays himself out of a job (which is exactly what the Redskins did at RB this year first with Hightower, then with Torain), but the cold truth is that in the NFL, the ability to admit a mistake is not valuable if the only thing you do is make more mistakes.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #34
GusFrerotte

Orton was released, that should tell you something right there. Not only that, he was replaced with Tebow, a guy that can't pass to save his life yet. Orton is just another Grossman. Draft a couple promising QB studs next season and away we go!!!!!
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:34 PM   #35
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Grossman would have lit up the Bills by the way as Beck couldn't muster a point. I hope I do get banned again, you're all idiots that have no idea what a good quarterback is, Rex is the best quarterback this team has had in the last 20 years and he gets benched for Beck. I've been a Redskins fan for 18 years but it's obvious that they really are the laughing stock of the league, just pitiful and sad.

That is 100% True on BECK.. But Rex is not the best we've had in 18 years, Brad Johnson , Mark Brunell and JC were all better
Old 11-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #36
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Orton was released, that should tell you something right there. Not only that, he was replaced with Tebow, a guy that can't pass to save his life yet. Orton is just another Grossman. Draft a couple promising QB studs next season and away we go!!!!!
It tells me two things.....

1- Cutler couldn't get along with the HC and apparently not able to perform in the system

and

2- Orton has not been able to perform in the system after being traded for Cutler.

Lastly, Tebow the next best thing since sliced bread, the QB a ton of fans here wanted the Skins to pick, can't seem to work well in the system.

Basically the system sucks. But thats Denvers problem. Our problem is Grossman is simply an average QB, Beck is below average, and Orton is better then both. I too want a QB out of the draft and recently have been thinking maybe a 1st round QB and maybe a later round QB. That way we have two and one should work out and both would be young. Unless Crompton is actually better and more accurate then our current starters then he can stick around long enough to play in Preseason.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:55 AM   #37
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

NO ORTON!!!!! I'd rather go the Broncos route and run the wild cat/read option with Royster, Helu, and 9 linemen than watch Orton try to throw the ball around. He stinks.

I'll take my chances with Sexy Rexy, maybe we can stumble into good Rexy a few more times. If anything cut beck and give Crompton a chance.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:49 AM   #38
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Uh oh, Rex Grossman's mother is back. How dare they bench Grossman, all 4 of those picks against Philly were everybody else's fault.
LOL, ^this coming from John Becks father. lol. Look Sir, the team gave your son a legitimate chance.......he fumbled it.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:06 AM   #39
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
NO ORTON!!!!! I'd rather go the Broncos route and run the wild cat/read option with Royster, Helu, and 9 linemen than watch Orton try to throw the ball around. He stinks.

I'll take my chances with Sexy Rexy, maybe we can stumble into good Rexy a few more times. If anything cut beck and give Crompton a chance.

I'm gunna start off by saying I want the team to pick a QB in the draft. Both Grossman and Beck are not worth anything. I'll even go so far as to say I didn't think Orton should be our solution for QB next year and somewhere I even said Orton sucks. BUT..... I'm also brave enough to know that if the supporting cast is really good Orton is better then what we got now. I too would love to see what Crompton has to offer, but considering the make shift OL, the lack of decent WR's, our best RB's out, I doubt he shows anything. I'm also smart enough to know Orton wouldn't be brought in and thrown on the field because he would need to learn the plays, play calls, and get on the same page with the Center, WR's, and RB's.

But let's be serious here no way should Beck be sitting on this team. Either cut him and brin up Crompton and stick him in for a quarter here and there or pick up Orton and play him in 1or 2 games just to see how he would fair. If he's better then Grossman then cut Rex at the end of the season after you lock up Orton for a 1 yr deal. Then draft a QB. If the Rookie can play then play him if not you got Orton.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:47 AM   #40
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Kyle Orton is a decent QB, but I doubt if Allen and Shanahan would try to claim him. Although I wouldn't mind Orton joining the Redskins, I doubt that he would have much chemistry with the Redskins receivers at this point in the season. It's better to keep going with Grossman.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:45 AM   #41
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

Sign Orton, cut Beck. Play Grossman this year. Get Orton ready for next year. Draft 1 or 2 QB's next year.
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:11 AM   #42
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Orton and Grossman are basically the same guy. No thanks.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:32 AM   #43
rypper11
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Preach. As I've said repeatedly, Grossman is an average QB but so are the majority of qb's in the league. There's Brady, Rodgers, Brees then 25 qb's all relatively close (including Grossman). Then there's the bad including Tavaris Jackson, McNabb, Whitehurst, etc. Then, way farther down the list, you have the Becks and Palko's though Palko might move up to bad.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #44
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
It tells me two things.....

1- Cutler couldn't get along with the HC and apparently not able to perform in the system

and

2- Orton has not been able to perform in the system after being traded for Cutler.

Lastly, Tebow the next best thing since sliced bread, the QB a ton of fans here wanted the Skins to pick, can't seem to work well in the system.

Basically the system sucks. But thats Denvers problem. Our problem is Grossman is simply an average QB, Beck is below average, and Orton is better then both. I too want a QB out of the draft and recently have been thinking maybe a 1st round QB and maybe a later round QB. That way we have two and one should work out and both would be young. Unless Crompton is actually better and more accurate then our current starters then he can stick around long enough to play in Preseason.
I don't think you know the history. Mcdanials came in and basically pushed Cutler out by going after matt casel. Orton came over from the trade w cutler and actually did pretty well in mcdanials system. Mcdanials gets fired after 2 years because not only does he make a massive mistake in losing cutler he also f-ups by changing the d-fense to a 3-4 while simultaneouly impelmenting a new offense (sound familiar). Too much to fast, and it results in a 3 win second season. John fox comes to town and implements a new offense which orton fails to do well it, so tebow enters after fans erect bilboards telling fox to give him a shot (never underestimate crazy fans). Tebow is a winner, but fox also was smart enough to change the system slightly to better fix tebow. Also fox changes defense back to a 4-3 base and now has one of the best defenses in the nfl. Then yesterday orton gets released after requesting to be.

Last edited by mlmpetert; 11-23-2011 at 08:22 AM.
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:55 AM   #45
MTK
\m/

Quote:
lol you obviously don't know what a good QB is either.

Tell me what about these career numbers say anything "good" about him?

Rex Grossman, QB for the Washington Redskins at NFL.com

If you want to be banned I'm happy to grant your wish.