Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #46
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Kellen Moore reminds me so much of Kurt Warner. I feel like I'm watching the same guy. Height will always be an issue with him, no different than the fact that windup/release will always be an issue with Tebow. Some teams will never be able to get over that.
This comparison is right on the money, well said man.

Now we'll have to see if the Kurt Warner of college ball plays the same in the NFL.

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #47
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
SmootSmack, if I were to say that I believe that the best fit for the Kyle Shanahan scheme (putting aside for a second my personal thoughts about its viability going forward) at quarterback from this class is Kirk Cousins, how would you react to that assessment?
Are you asking me if I agree? If I like Cousins? If I've heard of any interest in Cousins?
Old 11-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #48
Landry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
He hasn't been able to do anything as a Trojan.. 1 bowl game as a freshman and since he's been held back by Reggie Bush. He has no legacy as a Trojan and he's got the best left tackle in the nation who feels the same way.

They said they'd make their decision together and that he (Barkley) doesn't plan on crying during his "final" game like Leinart because they're in completely different situations.

USC's Matt Barkley and Matt Kalil are in this together - Los Angeles Times
Well lets hope that doesn't happen.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #49
GMScud
Swearinger

RGIII is no lock to enter the draft either.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #50
Landry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
RGIII is no lock to enter the draft either.
Hopefully he does along with Barkley and Jones. I would really hate to wait until 2013 to get our qb of the future.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:01 PM   #51
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
Hopefully he does along with Barkley and Jones. I would really hate to wait until 2013 to get our qb of the future.
Wait, in the first 2012 QB thread, you basically called me a fool for even suggesting that RGIII could stay in school. Now you just "hope" he doesn't?
Old 11-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #52
Landry44

Quote:
Wait, in the first 2012 QB thread, you basically called me a fool for even suggesting that RGIII could stay in school. Now you just "hope" he doesn't?
Do you really want to keep going back and forth about something a said weeks ago? To be honest, I don't even remember what I said to you. You should stop being so sensitive and get over. Whatever I said to hurt your feeling I apologize. I didn't realize that guys took things said here so personally.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #53
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I don't know why the Skins would even consider drafting Tannehill or Cousins. The Skins should be able get a much better QB in the first round and we have too many other needs to fill in the draft to take two QB's unless we draft the second QB late.

I also don't how either of those players could be considered by any team in the first or second rounds. Neither of them is good enough to start in the NFL, IMO.

As for Kellen Moore going in the first round, I just don't see it happening because of his physical stature. When he measures at 5'11" and 180 lbs. at the Combine, he'll slip. Nevertheless, neither Tannehill nor Cousins is worthy to carry Moore's helmet for him. Moore has been a great college QB and I wouldn't bet against him as a pro. I'd guess that he'll go in the third round where he might turn out to be a steal for some team.

I'm still hoping that Barkley, Jones, and RGIII will all come out because I think that would ensure that the Skins get a good prospect.
RG is barely six feet tall according to several people. Scouts seem to love RT's upside
Old 11-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #54
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Do you really want to keep going back and forth about something a said weeks ago? To be honest, I don't even remember what I said to you. You should stop being so sensitive and get over. Whatever I said to hurt your feeling I apologize. I didn't realize that guys took things said here so personally.
Hurt my feelings? Hardly. But yeah, moving along amicably is the best thing to do.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #55
Landry44

Quote:
Hurt my feelings? Hardly. But yeah, moving along amicably is the best thing to do.
Lets just move on brother. We're both Redskin fans and want the best qb we can get next year. We all might have different opinions about who that might be. At the end of the day we both want the same thing. To be honest, as long as we get a franchise guy I don't shiit what his name is. As long as he's a guy who's going to be here and perform at a high level for many years. Truce?
Old 11-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #56
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Lets just move on brother. We're both Redskin fans and want the best qb we can get next year. We all might have different opinions about who that might be. At the end of the day we both want the same thing. To be honest, as long as we get a franchise guy I don't shiit what his name is. As long as he's a guy who's going to be here and perform at a high level for many years. Truce?
That's the stance I had from the beginning. I have no desire to bicker with you.

Moving on...
Old 11-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #57
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I just want a QB
Old 11-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #58
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Are you asking me if I agree? If I like Cousins? If I've heard of any interest in Cousins?
I'm asking if you agree with the sentiment that Cousins fits what we're trying to do really well.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #59
SBXVII
Franchise Player

No one is talking about LSU and their QB Jarrett Lee 6ft 2, 206 lbs. Is there something wrong with him? LSU is #1 right now.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #60
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
No one is talking about LSU and their QB Jarrett Lee 6ft 2, 206 lbs. Is there something wrong with him? LSU is #1 right now.
He can't throw?