Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Very exciting game. I don't care that the Patriots have a poor pass defense. We've faced some other poor teams and haven't been able to capitalize. So it was nice to see us do some things

That said, let's lay some smack down

The Referees Poor calls against both teams. I guess they offset each other ultimately, but still not an excuse for the poor officiating

DeAngelo Hall Really not having a good season and he needs to check his emotions.

Mike Sellers' Injury Not a big fan of his, and I thought he should have been cut at least two seasons ago. Still, I respect his attitude and I feel bad that he finally had a chance to get some PT on offense this year only to get hurt

Brian Orakpo Unless I missed it, I didn't see him getting double teamed all day so why was he so quiet

Santana Moss I'm not inclined to put him here, but it was a poor play by him on the final drive (two poor plays) and if I don't then people will wonder why I didn't

Logan Paulsen Bad false start early in the game

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

I like Sellers but I think he'll either hang it up or get cut after this season. The guy is old and doesn't get much play time anymore. It's been a good run Mike, but I think you're done.

Orakpo was invisible yet again. I mean... ??? What's going on? No pressure. Not being in on any tackles? Is he really as good as we think he is or is he just going to be a flash in the pan? 1 break out season and then falls into obscurity? I'm really hoping its the former and not the latter.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Smoot your a mind reader on the Refs,

Refs- I thought that was the worst officiated game ive seen in awhile for both sides.

D Hall- time for us to move on

OJ Atogwe and Laron Landry - injured all year, OJ is looking like another HUGE front office mistake. New England exploited it. Our safety play is worst in the league week in, week out. We need to draft heavy in the secondary at Corner and Safety.

Santana - picked a bad time to drop 2 pivotal passes that were game changers.

Gano- flat out f*cking waste. garbage kicker. No excuse effing up kickoffs every god damn week. get him the f*ck off the field already.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Smoot your a mind reader on the Refs,

Refs- I thought that was the worst officiated game ive seen in awhile for both sides.

D Hall- time for us to move on

OJ Atogwe and Laron Landry - injured all year, OJ is looking like another HUGE front office mistake. New England exploited it. Our safety play is worst in the league week in, week out. We need to draft heavy in the secondary at Corner and Safety.

Santana - picked a bad time to drop 2 pivotal passes that were game changers.

Gano- flat out f*cking waste. garbage kicker. No excuse effing up kickoffs every god damn week. get him the f*ck off the field already.
I think NE is in the running for worst safety play in the entire league as well. That said ours are no better. Safety was supposed to be a strength, and instead both of them are invisible.

With that said, I don't feel the need to smack down anybody here. I know we have plenty of guys that will take care of that, but I'm just glad I got to see a close competitive game from the Redskins today. And I'm not mad we lost because it's the Pats. We play them once every 4 years, and it's funny because the team we had today is probably 10 times worse than the team we had 4 years ago, but today we played them a hell of a lot closer than we did last time.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Eh, at least the team showed up. Basically we're still have the same problems and they are not going away in one week.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #6
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Eh, at least the team showed up. Basically we're still have the same problems and they are not going away in one week.
This.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
Pigskins

What was up with the toss play? We ran in at least 8 times and I knew we'd lose one but luckily helu got a nice bounce
Pigskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #8
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigskins View Post
What was up with the toss play? We ran in at least 8 times and I knew we'd lose one but luckily helu got a nice bounce
If anything I wanted to give a smackdown to Kyle S. running right up the middle at Vince Wilfork. Pats have a crappy defense, and you run it right at their strong point? If it's not broke don't fix it. This was the one game where we excelled at rushing on the edges.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #9
Pigskins

Yea I just wish we handed it off on the counter instead of the risky toss lol
Pigskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #10
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

I'm happy both with the result and with the showing by the team overall. Helu is really looking like a star.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #11
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
If anything I wanted to give a smackdown to Kyle S. running right up the middle at Vince Wilfork. Pats have a crappy defense, and you run it right at their strong point? If it's not broke don't fix it. This was the one game where we excelled at rushing on the edges.
Well on the last run on that 3rd and goal, Monty had a good block on Wilfork, it was the rest of the line that caved in. At least he ran the ball.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well on the last run on that 3rd and goal, Monty had a good block on Wilfork, it was the rest of the line that caved in. At least he ran the ball.
True. And that last sentence cannot be emphasized enough.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #13
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Another thing, i'm hoping the douchebag quotient on the skins gets reduced by us parting ways with Hall and Landry. They're both maddeningly inconsistent and monumental wastes of talent.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #14
diehard
The Starter

Coaches decision not to rotate guys in more for Orakpo and Kerrigan. They must be exhausted playing so many downs. Has Kerrigan been given a breather all year?
Old 12-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #15
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
Coaches decision not to rotate guys in more for Orakpo and Kerrigan. They must be exhausted playing so many downs. Has Kerrigan been given a breather all year?
Honestly I don't think so. I think Kerrigan is the only guy on defense to play every snap. And you could see him breathing hard today. He's definitely starting to get a little tired. Obviously getting a little rotation going wouldn't hurt.