Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-11-2011, 06:56 PM   #31
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Great point, but the thing is its consistency. True, I'm glad we lost so we can better our draft position for a game changing player. However, I can think all the way back to 09 when DHall didn't tackle Manningham along the sideline. Its just the same consistent thing with him year after year. So I'm saying, Now don't cut him. Later, Cut him for the next season so he isn't to blame anymore.

And Rex Grossman deserves to be blamed. He had receivers wide open against an awful secondary and awful defense. If he didn't throw for 200 yards I wouldn't say hes deserving of a backup in this league. He screwed up the first series of the game with him not knowing, "Hey I have two young tackles and I'm in the endzone so I can't hold this ball too long.." And on top of that, he throws a bad pass to moss which ultimately loses us the game. He threw the ball away completely out of bounds when we went 3-out. The two drives which we punted were all on him for not audibling. It's simple if we had a better QB we would have won this game today, thats why he's being bashed.
Are you sure? Because you sure didn't sound glad we lost in that first post where you exploded like we just got blown out in the SB.

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #32
rypper11
The Starter

It amazes me how people can watch the same game and see completely different things. Reading the studs and smackdown is so similar with many players on both.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #33
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Are you sure? Because you sure didn't sound glad we lost in that first post where you exploded like we just got blown out in the SB.
Well he had to be negative for the mindless Hall rant.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #34
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Great point, but the thing is its consistency. True, I'm glad we lost so we can better our draft position for a game changing player.

Why do people keep saying this stupid shit? Drafting in the top 5 doesn't mean you'll get a "game changing" player. So many game changing players have been drafted out of the top 10.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #35
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Why do people keep saying this stupid shit? Drafting in the top 5 doesn't mean you'll get a "game changing" player. So many game changing players have been drafted out of the top 10.
NC now what is the slogan again? Common sense don't make sense to some people.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #36
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Brian Orakpo Unless I missed it, I didn't see him getting double teamed all day so why was he so quiet
its been happening ALL season. i dont see him getting double teamed much, he hasnt been able to get consistent pressure this season and needs to add some diversity to his pass rush. he has definitely hit a wall this season imo. kerrigan has outshone him.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #37
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I like what you bring to the table NC. But apparently you're unaware that every game changing player ever was drafted in the top 5.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #38
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I hope you enjoy Miami getting their quarterback.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #39
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah well the chances are statistically higher when drafting in the top 5 of each round
Old 12-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #40
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Another thing, i'm hoping the douchebag quotient on the skins gets reduced by us parting ways with Hall and Landry. They're both maddeningly inconsistent and monumental wastes of talent.
I was pretty outspoken about Hall when we signed him. I thought he was an average CB and was a locker room "cancer" type. I don't know about him as a bad teamate...I think he's been pretty good here in that regard. I still think he's an average to slightly above average cb.

Landry? Just what exactly has he done to deserve a new contract? He's got plenty of potential. But I don't know that he's done much to deserve a big contract.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #41
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah well the chances are statistically higher when drafting in the top 5 of each round
Let's see your stats.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #42
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Hall.. His attitude, effort and production have all been severely lacking for most of this season. I understand being frustrated, but after clearly committing a penalty to throw the flag back at the ref is immature, selfish and unacceptable. I think he's playing his last games for us.

Rak, where you been bro? You're validating the point of those who say you are solid to good but not great and disappear for long stretches. Raise your level.

Santana, catch the ball. Nuff said.

Me, because I was happy we played a competitive game, was thoroughly entertained but not crushed by the defeat because I have visions of RGIII dancing in my head and we are no worse off than we were at the beginning of the day in that regard.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #43
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Let's see your stats.
Lmao are u serious? It's been proven with many drafts, I'm
Not saying all the players in the top 10 are always better but yes top 10 talent usually ends up better than later 1st round picks
Old 12-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #44
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If you can sit there and say you'd rather have the 15th overall pick instead of the 5th you'd get laughed at
Old 12-11-2011, 09:18 PM   #45
diehard
The Starter

Quote:
Let's see your stats.
I guess every year, teams selecting in the top five trade way down in the draft to get better players...